Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Gazaar posted:

This is real close to making me watch it.

Bering Sea has a nice variety in your reality television trainwrecks.

You have the old guy who has spent millions of dollars on gimmicks like underwater robots and never gets any gold and just yells at everyone.

Then you have the nice guy goon who dated the only girl dredge owner. He is actually competent but threw a hissyfit one year when she hosed some other guy or something (i dunno i don't pay attention to that)

Then you have the competent guys that have spent millions on an excavating barge that pulls in 10x the amount of gold anyone else does every year.

Then you have the rednecks that get into fistfights almost constantly and refuse to work with each other for maybe a week or two before they are right back fighting with each other.

Then you have the girl dredge owner that loses her entire crew every year because they hate her.

This year there is a second competent guy that built the largest dredge being used that can pull gold up from places other dredges can't , which is interesting to me. But don't be mistaken, they dropped all pretenses of this being about the mining a long time ago. And parts of it are obviously scripted.

The super broke, super angry rednecks somehow had $10,000 to drop on a worthless mining claim that they spent a few episodes rolling around on the ground fighting over? Nope. Discovery got that or something just for the redneck fight potential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Philthy posted:

Bering Sea Gold finally came to a close for the season. The Pomrenkes got over 2000 ounces in 5 weeks doing inland mining. They just made the Gold Rush people look like the amateurs they really are. I guess when you have four generations of mining, you have things ironed out pretty well. The final Bering Sea Gold has all the teams sitting around asking all the questions to each other. Verne is way too stubborn who is fine with losing money after money every season. I'm guessing the show is paying enough to keep that dream alive. Used to hate some of these people, but over this past season they've all oddly become easier to watch, I think they've been showing a bit more empathy this time around instead of just a stupid fight and then that's it. Under the Ice previews look good, and I've always liked that better than the summer seasons.

Kinda hoping they spin the Pomrenkes inland mining into it's own show as well.

I wonder what happened to that guy the Kellys conned into buying their worthless claims for $30,000.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
The build team?

quote:

Deadline reports that The White Rabbit Project will star Mythbusters veterans Grant Imahara, Tory Belleci, and Kari Byron. The series, produced for Netflix by Beyond Productions, will focus on the three builders and scientists taking a venture “down the rabbit hole” to explore odd and strange mysteries from history and pop culture. The various topics that are set to be explored include strange World War II weaponry, superpower tech, heists, and jailbreaks. The three will continue their Mythbusters tradition of doing builds and experiments to explore these mysteries and bring the reality of each mystery to light.

Producer: Who needs a job?
Underling: :shrug:

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Tenzarin posted:

The pill head guy lol.

Why did the Hoffmans wait till the "mid season" to buy some machine that works with mud?

I know this poo poo is scripted but this is the best season of gold rush since they went to the amazon and got nothing. Specifically because the Hoffmans aren't getting anything.

It's annoying to see the scripted message about family and perseverance and being dramatic underdogs when they just bring in like millions of dollars of equipment and personnel out of nowhere and manage to get gold because it's the Yukon and the gold is there so even if you are incompetent you can basically just buy it.

• Locked thread