Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IndieRockLance
Jan 29, 2003

The devourer of worlds demands a Moon Pie to satiate his hunger!
Is it just me, or is How It's Made one of the most boring-rear end shows ever made? Not just because they're talking about the fascinating world of vegetable oil and masking tape manufacturing, but because they use the worst supermarket jazz they can find to play behind a narrator who couldn't make the Statue of Liberty becoming sentient and smashing through New York sound interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IndieRockLance
Jan 29, 2003

Martytoof posted:

"If you should find yourself in a Hot Topic, you must act quickly. Your initial reaction will be shock, but it is important to keep focused. The only way to show it to you is for me to go in."

I imagine that a Man vs. Wild episode about the Mall of America would play out like the John Hodgman bit about the mall from his book.

"I call the mall's PR people to ask why they are exiling the Egyptians and also to ask about the secret tunnel I found that leads from Camp Snoopy to Pottery Barn and is lined with human skulls. This is when the Mall of America stops returning my calls. This happens sometimes when professional journalists ask the wrong questions. I'm frozen out. From here on, I'm going rogue."

IndieRockLance
Jan 29, 2003

inignot posted:

WTF is this "Smash Lab" nonsense debuting tonight? It's going to either suck rear end or serve as a bandwagon dilution of Mythbusters. Either way I fail to see how Discovery benefits.

It seems like Mythbusters except with real-life applications and 100% more insulting repetition of what just happened or what is going to happen.

IndieRockLance
Jan 29, 2003

You know what? I really kinda hate It Takes a Thief. The schadenfreude is amusing at first, but then you realize that they're giving rich, irresponsible assholes free stuff for being irresponsible assholes. If you spend your obviously huge amounts of money on 30 designer handbags instead of paying for a security system, then you deserve to be robbed. And if you've been robbed multiple times without doing anything to better secure your house, then all you deserve is a smack in the face.

IndieRockLance
Jan 29, 2003

Brick Hardmeat posted:

I mean yeah, we're far from Discovery being the educational channel it once was.
TLC is now only about midgets and fat fucks.
AMC (the C is for "Classics" ) runs Catwoman and Pinata: Survival Island all the time.

AMC changed its format in 2002 and now the letters don't actually mean anything.

• Locked thread