Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Robot Relations posted:

Those are my favorite episodes of Dirty Jobs. I'm not afraid to say I have a huge mancrush on Rowe. He seems like he'd be an awesome guy to have a drink with.

Agreed, I'd probably watch the most boring show ever made if it had Mike Rowe as its host.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Bob Sapp Please posted:

Well, no more new Deadliest Catch until next year.

:(

But new Dirty Jobs, thats even better in my opinion.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Which episode was this Jamie clip in? I remember them shocking him but I don't remember his reaction towards it so now I want to see it.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Watching this Monkey farm episode of Dirty Jobs that I dont remember ever seeing before. The lady at this place is totally insane and I keep waiting for mike to just tell her to shut the gently caress up.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Fantastipotamus posted:

I'm not sure if any of you have been shocked like that before (I've been shocked by a horse electric fence, and I think cow fences are even stronger because they're stupider and thicker-skinned), but it really hurts. And you're going to maximize the pain by going arm-to-arm. It also leaves you feeling all wonky inside, like all your insides feel weird and hosed up.. I would have been really pissed too. :(

When I was like 5 I was shocked by one at my grandpas house. I was playing with a baseball and bat and I hit it over the fence and didn't think it was going to be on since he only had 1 horse around, but I guess he was renting out the area to his neighbor who had cows. So I used my bat to push up the fence so I could crawl under it. The bat was metal and I got a big old shock out of it. :( I now have this weird twitch in my leg at times and I swear its a result from that drat fence. Luckily its died down a bit since I was a kid it used to be really bad. Like I would get a double in baseball and while I was on second my leg would just start shaking like crazy, it was insane. So to make a long boring story short, dont touch electric fences.

Also new Dirty Jobs tomorrow wooo. I can't wait to get home and actually be able to watch those Mike Rowe youtube clips.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Electric fences scare me now after being shocked. I wont go anywhere near one even if its off, even thinking about them gives me the shivers.

Also 2 hours 45 minutes or so till we get a new Dirty Jobs.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

IRQ posted:

Mythbusters, Going Tribal and Survivorman (the new episodes) have all had 24 hour copy protection on them for me this week.

I wonder if thats why I dont have Dirty Jobs in my programs section. Even though I have comcast, I know I set it to record the episode, but when I went back to watch it tonight it was nowhere to be found.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

IRQ posted:

Is anyone else a bit sick of shark week at this point?

It may have something to do with not being 14 anymore, but it just doesn't have the same entertainment value these days.

I just miss the old shark week shows from like the first shark weeks. I still have all the new shows set to record though.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Kwik posted:

Smaller/younger guy maybe?

Discovery tried VERY hard to avoid saying it, but when they pulled him up, he WAS dead, right?

Looked fairly certain to me, it looked like he was face down in the water when they found him but its hard to tell with the blur.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Am I the only one who never thought Mike Rowe fit very well either? I think After the Catch has always been pretty lame. A hour long version of the FIRE BARREL "tradition" that they had at the start of this season.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Superdawg posted:

That other guy that was in the wheel house was also their brother, Neal. He works out on the deck, but I think they pulled him in for this or something. Only thing that made sense in my mind when I saw them talking to him about it.

I thought that was real nice of them to get him that in over on the Wizard. I don't think they told him, so I wonder if that will have a big impact on their relationship(s). I'd assume so, if he thinks they just left him out to dry.

The other guy in the wheel house is their other brother who I believe is maintenance guy on the ship he just doesnt like talking to the cameras and avoids being on camera if I remember correctly.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

leppo posted:

Sea Star with Capt. Larry? Its the chase boat that they use to get shots of all the other boats.

Ya it was mentioned on the episode they aired monday night about the filming of this season. Wasnt the Captain of the chase boat the captain of one of the original boats in the first season? He looked really familiar.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Sweet a new episode of Dirty Jobs, good thing my DVR got it or I would have never of known.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I dont know how Mike does it, I'm freaking out just watching him climb into that chair.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Wow this season of Storm Cashers. Who the gently caress pissed in everyones coffee? Everyone is at each others throats this year.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I'm just wondering where the tension between DOW and TIV came from. There was a little last season because DOW was being a little timid but this year head guy in DOW is just being a cock and its way over the top. I can understand everyone being annoyed at Reed since he doesnt really seem to be doing any of this for any other reason then to make money off his website, plus he's an annoying turd.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Crotch Bat posted:

Greenhorns seem to be a big point of entertainment and there's just not much this year. Most of the crews are established and the only roll over really seems to be The Wizard(because Keith is poo poo as a captain).

Seriously he is just loving terrible. Reason why they go through so many drat greenhorns is because they set the bar way too high for them. Then they treat them like poo poo so drat much its no wonder the greenhorns do so horribly and either dont want to return or their performance is so poo poo they arent asked back.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Doesnt surprise me in the slightest that Jake is an addict. I've always just assumed he was.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

LegoMan posted:

Keith's reaction was probably the hardest for me to deal with. To see these hardened crab fishermen opening sobbing was rough.

I was surprised they didnt actually show him getting the news. Just hearing about the stroke he broke down, I can't imagine what his reaction was like hearing that Phil had died.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Radio Nowhere posted:

I still have unwatched episodes of that on my DVR. I can't see Sully carrying the show alone, team with shamwow guy?

Its quite sad I saw a cash for gold commercial with Sully in it the other day. I think he's hit rock bottom after Billy Mays died.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

IRQ posted:

There's new dirty jobs?

poo poo poo poo poo poo, I never set this DVR to get them!

Ya its been back for a bit now. I've actually been wondering why there hasnt been any discussion about the show. I dont know why but the last 2 weeks they've been showing new episodes on sundays too.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

As much as I love dirty jobs I was starting to lose interest, but I gotta say this current season has brought the magic back.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Feb 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I like watching Keith treat his greenhorns like utter poo poo and wonder why none ever make it.

• Locked thread