Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spirogyra
Dec 19, 2003
I watch a ton of Discovery Channel, and just love Dirty Jobs and Mike Rowe. Whenever I hear him in the Ford truck commercials, I perk up. :swoon:

But How It's Made drives me into an inexplicable rage.

Watching it is OK. It's interesting to see the work that goes into the everyday things that I never think about.

However, the music and narration make it absolutely impossible for me to watch (and I can't watch it without sound--I'm strange that way, I suppose). It reminds me of the horrible film strips I used to watch in grade school, with the mind numbing voice and bad synth muzak. The narration, as the process for making a comb is explained as if the audience is a group of 2nd graders, will generally get me to change the channel in about 2 minutes.

Aside from that, Discovery Channel is the top channel in the house. Just wish their HD channel (at least the one we get) followed the same schedule as the non-HD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread