Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

quote:

I did see that one. I think Jamie's got some secrets only he knows about. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he was a Green Beret or such.

I remember reading something about him. He got a degree in Russian and then proceeded to open a SCUBA shop in the Carribean (near Cuba). After he was done with that he some how ended up as an explosives/SFX expert in Hollywood.

Schizo posted:

Has nobody on Mythbusters ever heard of a wind screen? They're all making GBS threads themselves over a candle being blown out when it's a foot away from a speaker blowing at loud volume that's obviously disturbing the nearby air. They need to put a wind screen between the flame and speaker and see if it blows out.

Well sound IS pressure waves and with a screen that would block the "sound".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Upcoming Mythbusters:

Airplane on a Conveyor Belt January 30, 2008
James Bond Special 2 February 6, 2008
Viewer Pick Special 2 February 13, 2008
MacGyver Special February 20, 2008
100th Episode Special TBA

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The CIA already has the face mask disguise.

The guy who created it even wrote a book about it: https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/csi-publications/csi-studies/studies/vol46no1/article09.html

It's also the same CIA guy who masterminded the rescue of the Americans from Iran.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I'm watching this new(?) show "First Week In" which takes the concept of a show like Jail and tells it from the inmate's perspective.

And I have to say that it is seriously depressing.

Certainly some of the people they follow have done really bad things (like the guy who stabbed some woman near to death and got 30 years) but the show is good making them sympathetic. Like the kid who got arrested for stealing gas and having 1 ecstasy pill who couldn't call anyone because he didn't have money on his account for a phone card and had to wait 4 days for the chaplain to call his dad.

Also, one of the shooting locations is Maricopa County and while I hate to give them publicity, you can see how much worse their jails are vs. the others.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Not that I expected him to fall... but that was pretty weak.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Yeah, I really can't see this ending any other way then he gets his head in then his team sedates the snake and pulls him out.

Or possibly the snake gives up/doesn't even try.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Discovery sure is getting a lot of press about this in any case: http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2014/11/06/erin-dnt-moos-man-eaten-by-anaconda.cnn.html

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Snake time.

Edit: Show intro is already walking back the "eaten" part: "The suit is to test the snake's constriction power. But it might try to eat me, maybe".

Zero One fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 8, 2014

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The Floating Forest looks amazing.

And terrifying.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
What a cop out... can't find the wild snake, let's just go to the zoo.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Boooo

^The forest part would have made a good hour long "Search for giant snakes" show. The eaten part was stupid.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

anotherone posted:

Don't forget that CBS is working on a procedural drama based on Adam and Jamie:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cbs-mythbusters-cia-drama-816440

This just confirms my suspicions that Jamie worked for the CIA.

I knew all this stuff already:

quote:

Hyneman is a special effects expert with a degree in Russian linguistics who has worked as a certified dive master, wilderness survival expert, boat captain, linguist, animal wrangler and chef.

But a TV show "based on their lives" that makes them CIA agents? A little on the nose, there.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Parker is a dumb kid and bad manager.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Hard to believe it's ending. Feels like its been going forever.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
RIP Buster

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
:smith:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
My favorite moment was the cement mixer explosion. Instant classic and I don't think they ever topped it.

Edit: Speak of the devil.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Mar 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I think Parker had more than a bro-mance going...

• Locked thread