Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Chunjee posted:

Went way far back in the thread looking for something that never got fulfilled and that I wanted.

I'd like a chrome extension/app that watches different sites every 30seconds/1min for HTTP 200 status. It doesn't have to be pretty. Must handle redirects.
Bonus points:
- in the event of a page not loading, check more frequently.
- all sites fit on page without scrolling
Hyper Combo:
- User defined words can cause different status (ie; I see the word maintenance, be an orange box)
- chart status over course of the day on mouseover
Combo Breaker Hyperpoints:
- accept outside ajax requests to create/update boxes

Concept:

I did something similar but started running into blocking/wait issues when watching 20+ sites. Haven't got around to re-writing it in Javascript.
Can definitely rustle up :20bux: if that would take more than an afternoon.

Inspired by:

Just going to chime in that the appropriate thing to do if a site is down is to check /less/ frequently, so as to avoid over congestion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread