Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charun
Feb 8, 2003

A program that tests files to see if they are availiable to open and read. Ideally it would scan a directory and report a list of files that it couldn't read and the error encountered (permission/file error).
http://www.tinyappz.com/wiki/Request:1177376875

I've had a backup that randomly failed to restore some files a while back that can't be opened, and are incomplete. I'd like to be able to get a list of them and restore them from an older backup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

Sharkface posted:

http://slightlyprofessional.net/FAC.rar

you can either choose a file, multiple files, or entire directories. It'll verify that each file can be opened and yell if it can't open it. If you're doing your entire hard drive, dont worry, the program didnt' crash, it's just going to take a while opening each file on your hard drive.

Also, you can click verbose mode and it'll return the attributes of each file!

It's in c# so it needs .net.

This is great, only it seems to need write permission to open the files. Is there any way to do it with just read? Or at least distinguish between no permission and read permission?

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

A system delay tester.

Basically something thats like the lag test in Guitar Hero 2.

The idea comes from people testing the processing time of LCDs by taking a picture of a ms accurate clock cloned on a CRT and comparing the values. I'd like to be able to roughly test the delay of a whole system, and not need a camera, or a CRT.

Fairly simple, but needs accurate timing, and some sort of visual. Even flashing lights each half second or something should be adequate to reduce the human reaction part in the loop, and with an average of the values with large deviations taken out should be quite adequate. In essence - show cue, time input, repeat, show average.

Some additional features could be sound cues to compare to visuals, and the ability to take input from either keyboard or mouse.

By the way, thanks again to Sharkface who filled my previous tiny request - it was very helpful.

• Locked thread