Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mybrownianmotion
Jan 8, 2005
Take interval to the left......
I have several external hard drives, a 1 TB and 2 500's. I would like to put the data on the 1 TB onto the 2 500's and vice versa. I request a small app that will
exchange data between the drives. It would be a big pain in the rear end to get another drive to act as the intermediate while I copy and paste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mybrownianmotion
Jan 8, 2005
After having a hard drive die on me and finding out that I didn't know what I all had on it, I would like a program that allows you to select a hard drive, copies the folder structure of that drive, and copies all the files on the hard drive into the copied folder structure, but without copying any data, just blank files with the same filename and extension.

This would allow me to compress it all into a tiny zip file, then if I lose a drive, I can unzip my backup, and browse through the drive folders and see what files I need to go about getting.

mybrownianmotion
Jan 8, 2005

Girl With Huge Tits posted:

Is there any reason a text file of some kind with the directory/file structure woulnd't be preferable?

A text file would be fine, if it listed all the files on the drive, and was layed out in a way that I could easily understand where the file is and what folder I am currently looking at. I am not sure how you would do this with a text file though, and not to mention, a terabyte drive with thousands of files layed out in a text file would be a bit tedious to browse/find stuff in.

mybrownianmotion
Jan 8, 2005
That should work fine

• Locked thread