Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlyingDodo
Jan 22, 2005
Not Extinct
I don't if it was that my request was too big or ignored or whatever I'm going put it here again. If someone made it it would make me very happy.

A program which when given two images will rotate and scale one of them to match the other one based on points placed onto the images. Like if I have two maps but they are different sizes and orientations so you place points which are the same location on the maps and then the program uses the orientation of the points to do the scaling/rotating/translating of the images.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlyingDodo
Jan 22, 2005
Not Extinct

Neurozys posted:

This took me a while because I've never used C# before.
http://www.tinyappz.com/wiki/ReMap_Image

Yay thank you, works just the way I imagined it to.

FlyingDodo
Jan 22, 2005
Not Extinct
Is there anyway you could make it so it's possible to zoom in to the images displayed because its rather difficult placing points onto large images.

FlyingDodo
Jan 22, 2005
Not Extinct

Ramzi posted:

Alright. In my mind when I think text I think ASCII. I have no prefence for ASCII, just the idea.

I've tried that. It still knows, some how. I think it reads the file header, which I don't know so much about. If this is the case, is there a way to, given any binary, make it look like it's a text file, and then revert it back to what it was originally? If so, this program would be preferable to my original idea.

I'll try this.

edit: how much do you want it changed? do you want it to only use the letters?

FlyingDodo fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jun 5, 2007

FlyingDodo
Jan 22, 2005
Not Extinct
I've written the program (although the text file it outputs is 2x the size of the original). Except I can't work out what I'm supposed to do on tinyappz.com.

FlyingDodo
Jan 22, 2005
Not Extinct
I hope I did everything right and I hope this program does what was wanted.
http://tinyappz.com/wiki/BinaryText

FlyingDodo
Jan 22, 2005
Not Extinct

Ramzi posted:

Thank you. Why only A-Q, though?

It splits the bytes into two bytes, only 4 bits are stored in each of the two bytes. So each one of those half bytes can only store 0 - 15. Then it adds add on 65 so that all the values will appear as letters when opened as a text file. So each byte in the text file will only store something in range from 65 - 80, which are the letters A through Q.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlyingDodo
Jan 22, 2005
Not Extinct

vladimir posted:

I just posted an app request, but I'm not a coder so I have no idea how big/small of a project this would be.

http://www.tinyappz.com/wiki/Request:1199833828

Basic file archiving application. Will move files that haven't been modified before a selected date to a new file share, but will create/keep the file and folder structure to the new location as well. Let me know if my ramblings don't make any sense. :)

edit: Preferably something with a GUI that will show you what files are being moved (a 'preview' pane) before actually committing the changes so that you can verify what's going on.

edit: was trying to work on this, but I don't think I can. drat windows time functions are annoying :( .

FlyingDodo fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jan 14, 2008

• Locked thread