Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mantaworks
May 6, 2005

by Fragmaster

Boy Juice posted:

I got one. I would like a Windows app that does this:

1. I give it a folder name

2. I give it a target size

3. I give it a file extension (or a list of extensions)

3. It searches the folder (and optionally subfolders) for files that total up to the size limit with a good degree of randomness.

4. It copies the chosen files into the clipboard so that I may paste them onto another drive, or it can copy them for me.

I have a large music collection. I put a portion of it onto my usb drive to listen to on my computer at work. I would like to have an easy way to fill the drive with random files.

Any takers?

You could make a random playlist and let your musicplayer save the files to your drive (it will error once full).

Or better yet, suggest someone would write a programs that takes in a destination folder and a playlist (.m3u probably) and saves all the music listed in the playlist to the destination folder. That way you could also make mood playlists for instance, or special-event type of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mantaworks
May 6, 2005

by Fragmaster

Dicky B posted:

Holy crap :psyduck:

This reply made my day.

mantaworks
May 6, 2005

by Fragmaster

NashAsh posted:

I'd like to request a program to do focus on mouseover (Windows platform). I know you can do it through the registry, but I'd like to be able to have it on computers where I don't have access to the registry. Also a lot of the computers don't have .NET or anything fancy.

This program is almost exactly it, except I don't want the copy/paste functionality with the mouse buttons.
http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/nt/TXMouse/

Microsoft's Tweak UI powertoy can do this.

mantaworks
May 6, 2005

by Fragmaster

Void of Infinite Nothing posted:

Does anyone know something that works like an FTP client only with local files?
i.e. I want to drag and drop files into a queue then hit a button and have them all copy over at once to the folder of my choosing.

Something like supercopier(click the supercopier 2 beta link) will do that.

mantaworks
May 6, 2005

by Fragmaster

orngwip posted:

I don't know if this would be considered simple or not, but I have always wanted a quick app for changing IP addresses between several statics and DHCP in windows. Shortcut keys, some kind of interface profile manager, or even something as simple as a command line script. This is an app that is pretty specifically useful for someone in the networking world, so I can understand if there is little interest in making it.

WinIPS lives in your systemtray and enables you to quickly switch between static addresses and DCHP.

• Locked thread