Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freezy
Aug 26, 2005
I probably sucked Funky's large meaty cock for this account.
VOID

I would like to request an application that runs it's argument, silently, in the background.

I'm using Cygwin with it's X server, but it seems to like to pop up a command prompt when you run it, and there is no switch to disable it. Someone made a "RunHidden.exe" for it, but the link is long dead :(

So, RunHidden.exe X.exe should launch X in the background. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be as easy as setting the verbosity to zero and piping to NUL

:) Cygwin actually has an application for this hidden away, "run". It runs an application with a hidden console. I had to hunt for a bit to find it, but it's exactly what I need.

Freezy fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 14, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread