Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«376 »
Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

NO NOT LIKE THE STUPID CAT WITH THE PIPE AND HAT AND SUCH

Plaster Town Cop

Looks like you saved money too not having any workers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

There is someone at every chair you can see?

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

NO NOT LIKE THE STUPID CAT WITH THE PIPE AND HAT AND SUCH

Plaster Town Cop

Oh the black squares are people

I thought those were lcd monitors that were off

That'll teach me not to zoom in

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

It was not scary. It was just...abnormal.

Watched a talk from Barefoot networks (https://barefootnetworks.com/) yesterday out of the NFV World Congress that just wrapped up. The short version: write your own forwarding plane in a high-level language, install it on a switch, it runs at line rate no matter how complicated the program is because it's based on the chip architecture. Then, all those tables (for example, mac tables, IP prefix tables, LFIB...anything you can imagine) and actions (change dstmac, pop vlan, push mpls labels - can be anything because it's defined by you) turn into protobuf declarations which can then be compiled into whatever language you want (Python, C++ at least, I think) and exposed to control-plane software.

Holy guacamole. That right there is the next thing as long as they don't make P4 too esoteric.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

Does anyone have ASR9006s in production? Do they line up to the proper boundaries when you rack them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eletriarnation
Apr 6, 2005

People don't appreciate the substance of things...
objects in space.

Pillbug

Yeah, just checked and the ones I have are precisely 10U.

«376 »