Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«412 »
falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

Tik is ghetto, but useful in some applications. Not well tested, tons of bugs. Ipv6 probably still doesn't actually work, I chimed in on this thread 9 years ago and can't see a resolution yet.

https://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?t=51124

Basically it's ok for home use and some wisp stuff but I would never use it for a "real" isp if you actually want stability.

(Yes I just shat all over them but my home router is a tik)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

I think of MikroTik as the Eastern European equivalent of Ubiquiti.

They both made their names in the WISP space, they're both well known for offering excellent bang for the buck on network gear, but if you intend to use their hardware you have to understand what you're getting and what you're not getting.

Biowarfare
Nov 8, 2010

I JUST WISH THIS WAS A PONY SO I COULD JERK IT WHILE I PLAY WOW

I have heavy v6 deploy/use internally, mikrotik ipv6 either dies or works questionably, afaik they don't support BGP large communities 5 years later (which is a necessity in this day and age)

My home router is a tik also. But I don't run BGP and have IPv6 at home.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

Bless You Ants, Blants

Fun Shoe

All hardware and software is poo poo

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

All hardware and software is poo poo

This is correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Fallen Rib

Honestly, it's amazing any of it works at all.

«412 »