Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Desktop Support guy here at a medium sized MSP that is a Cisco Meraki shop. Looking to make the jump to sys admin hopefully as part of an in-house IT team. Is the CCNA still a good cert to go for? Since we mostly replace ASAs with MX equipment, the overall vibe at my current company is 'not worth it anymore' -- but MSPs love their own partners and discourage all else. What do you goons think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
At times, I feel that if I'm still with this company in any capacity in two months, I'm doing it wrong.

Thanks for the advice goons. I've been reviewing the material for about 6 weeks by now, and have a good grasp on it -- I might as well see it through. Any additional advice or anecdotes are welcome.