Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

A dimwit (me) who really should know better entered this into a 2960S's remote console session while in conf t:

The site's primary router was connected to port 2

code:
interface range gigabitethernet 1/0/1-10
no switchport port-security mac-address sticky
shut
no shut
Customer called us up immediately. Luckily we had a field engineer nearby who cycled the switch.

I am a Cisco nubcake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Thanks Ants posted:

reload in blah

Commit confirm is superior

pro-tip

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Did you paste it in all in one go? Because sometimes, the Nagel Algorithm will forgive mistakes like that.

Pasted in one go via RDP -> Fibre -> ADSL -> Putty -> Switch.

As soon as the LF followed the shut command it went dead and I followed with a loud poo poo (verbally not physically). Open plan office turned round and looked at me.