Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
We're building out a small prototype system and have been looking at second hand Dells for our compute, which looks good. Most seem to have 10GB SFP+ networking, which is good because our application needs fast networking.

We need two stacks of switches, and I'm trying to find something that can give us redundancy, has all SFP+ ports if possible and can be managed over ssh/Ansible.

Reasoning for SFP+ is because we have access to a bunch of DACs/SFP modules already.

For now we're only concerned about ever having one rack in our Colo. We're trying to do our prototype second hand (if possible) and then upgrade to new equipment when we do an installation of the system next year.

e: I should mention, our budget I'm trying to stick to is around $15-20k USD. I was looking at https://www.amazon.com/Nexus-3064-X-48-SFPP-FD/dp/B00A4SHODO or something like it - would this work if I just got 4 of these type of models, only in SFP+?

Not sure if I should look at Aruba or FS or something else like that for our budget range.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Oct 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Great. Thank you. It's not a mission critical system by any means and we'll upgrade on our series B :v:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I'll empty quote it on my boat too... Mods ban me if I don't have a boat by 2027