Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

marshviperX posted:

Quick question. I have an 851w for home use. I'm trying to get DHCP and NAT configured, but most places I look online say to do it via SDM. I know what do to in the SDM to get everything up and running, but I can't get the SDM going for the life of me. I posted a question earlier in the thread regarding Java issues when loading the program, but the fixes mentioned here or on Google have been fruitless. I'm just fed up with it and to the point where I'd just like to do it via CLI, but my Google-fu must be weak as I can't find much help out there that is easily understandable.

TL;DR What are the basic commands to configure DHCP and NAT via CLI?

Any help is MUCH appreciated.

DHCP:

ip dhcp pool DHCP
network 192.158.0.0 255.255.255.0
domain-name foo.com
default-router 192.168.0.1
dns-server 192.168.0.1
lease 7

ip dhcp excluded-address 192.168.0.1
ip dhcp excluded-address 192.168.0.0
ip dhcp excluded-address 192.168.0.255

Nat:

On the outside interface (internet side)

Int fast 0/0
ip nat outside

On the inside interface (LAN side)

Int fast 0/1
ip nat inside

Create a ACL to match for NAT

access-list 105 remark ###################################################*
access-list 105 remark # NAT ACL #
access-list 105 remark *###################################################
access-list 105 permit ip 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.255 any

Create nat rule

ip nat inside source list 105 interface FastEthernet0/0 overload

If you need the router to do DNS:

ip dns server
ip name-server x.x.x.x

--------------

In your case, you will need to swap fast 0/0 with fast 4 and fast 0/1 with vlan1 if you have a 85X or 87x ISR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Ninja Rope posted:

I'm trying to throttle bandwidth on a switch port in order to somewhat simulate bandwidth restricted clients (ie, users on a DSL line). I'm not exactly sure what settings I should use for the policed rate and burst. Would a DSL line even have a "burst" ability? And how would that relate to the policed rate?

what switch?

try these 2 for a start

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960/software/release/12.2_25_see/configuration/guide/swqos.html#wp1253412

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk543/tk545/technologies_tech_note09186a00800a3a25.shtml

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Syano posted:

Generally speaking 5mb/s up and down, give or take a meg. Let me ask this while we are at it. Is it possible to have multiple VPNs open to the same subnet. In other words you have 2 sites, siteA and siteB. SiteA has two internet connections. SiteB has two internet connections. Is it possible to open VPNs accross both connections from siteA to both connections at SiteB?

yes as long as you have 2 unique subnets in both sites and your routing gear can support it. Trivial to do with Cisco ISR gear

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Bardlebee posted:

So what your saying is, as long as Site A has a subnet of say 192.168.2.0 and Site B has a subnet of 192.168.1.0 it should be ok?

Or are you saying you need two subnets per location?

2 per site

you may also be able to fudge a PBR solution but don't quote me on that

Or go the whole hog and make a DMVPN as been suggested

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

thiscommercialsucks posted:

Martytoof: I just re-read your original post and remembered that I've had similar problems with 2600 and 3600 images before. Like exactly the same problems; can't make serial connections, can't telnet into routers, poo poo like that. I think I ended up using images for 7200 routers and it cleared it up. I just remember that 2600 worked like poo poo. Keep in mind, I was running it on Windows.

agreed, managed to get 30ish 7200 routers running on Windows 7 64Bit before it crashed. I think a Core i7/i5 CPU also helped, the CPU load when they had all booted was <10% which was nice.

Yet had issues with 2600,3600 and 3700 routers

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Bardlebee posted:

The question asks if a ping is sent to PC2 from PC1, what would PC1's arp cache look like. My thought is that it would have an IP of PC2 and a MAC of the Router (CCC). But the question marked it wrong, stating it was both MAC and IP of PC2 that would show up. I am pretty convinced the practice test is wrong.

A basic question, I know. :)

MAC in the ARP cache will be the MAC last L3 boundary

VVV that too, mate time for a new CCNA book I think

nzspambot fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 31, 2011

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

ragzilla posted:

Usually when systems folks ask for a multi-datacenter spanning L2 it's because they have some application that's written and optimized for local connectivity. IE it consumes ridiculous amounts of bandwidth.

vmotion! :v:

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Powercrazy posted:

How can I do per-vrf outside destination nat on a 6500 w/sup720?

Basically I want something like this:

ip nat outside destination static [outside global] [outside local] etc....

However I only have the destination option when I am doing outside natting.

The situation is this:

I have someone who is connecting to us and they want us to have a source defined by them, (Something like 214.blah) for all return traffic. While I am natting all of their source traffic to an internal network 10.80.x.x

So basically I need something like this:

Coming in:
Source: 64.x.x.100
Destination: 204.x.x.x -> Natted Destination 10.80.6.100

Going Out:
Source: 204.x.x.x -> Natted Source: 214.x.x.x This is the part I can't get to work.
Destination: 10.80.6.100 -> 64.x.x.100

Any Ideas?

I've done something like this before BUT it was on an ISR.... trick was to use the NVI interface and ip nat enable not nat inside or nat ouside. Don't know if this helps at all but it worked for me between 2 VRFs and NATting

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t14/feature/guide/gtnatvi.html

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Powercrazy posted:

Also don't use an RPS. If you want redundant power supplies, either stack the 3750's and have redundant links, or use a 4948.

or buy a 3750X

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Bardlebee posted:

I can't seem to get VTP to distribute my VLAN's across my virtual switches. I have done the following to the switches:

Step A) Do you have a trunk between switches

ruro posted:

I'm getting a million overruns on one side of a 10gbps link,

yeaaaah lots of drops on the input queue, either drop the wrr-queue or tune it some more

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

I know this is a Cisco thread but is anyone interested in a Juniper thread?

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Boogeyman posted:

Output of sh int g0/43 trunk:

code:
SiteC#sh int g0/43 trunk

Port        Mode             Encapsulation  Status        Native vlan
Gi0/43      on               802.1q         trunking      1

Port        Vlans allowed on trunk
Gi0/43      2-4

Port        Vlans allowed and active in management domain
Gi0/43      2-4

Port        Vlans in spanning tree forwarding state and not pruned
Gi0/43      2-4
And the config for spanning tree (I haven't messed with it, it's the same on the switch at site B and it works fine):

code:
spanning-tree mode pvst
spanning-tree extend system-id
I sent a huge email to my boss, who forwarded it to one of our higher-up contacts at the provider. They're supposed to get back to me at some point, hopefully they'll give more of a poo poo about it than the tech guys I've been talking to on the phone.

from memory VTP is carried on VLAN1, you've pruned it out of your trunk, so maybe try adding it back in

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

ruro posted:

Pretty sure you don't need to allow vlan1, it should just get sent regardless, like CDP.

cisco sayz

By default, VLANs 2 through 1000 are pruning eligible. VTP pruning does not prune traffic from pruning-ineligible VLANs. VLAN 1 is always pruning ineligible; traffic from VLAN 1 cannot be pruned

so maybe its already allowed.

so try:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk689/technologies_tech_note09186a0080890613.shtml#topic3

edit:

this is what I remembered:

quote:

All switchports must be members of a VLAN, and, by default, it is VLAN 1. Because VLAN 1 was selected as the default VLAN for all switchports, it was also chosen to handle special traffic such as VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP) advertisements, CDP, Port Aggregation Protocol (PAgP), or Link Aggregation Control Protocol messages (LACP). By default, in-band management interfaces such as sc0 are members of VLAN 1.

nzspambot fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jun 9, 2011

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

JTAC grrrr

does anyone have real world experience with branch SRX and zones?

How do I differentiate traffic external to a zone which is not in a zone but heading into a zone?

edit:

WWW --> [ZONE (ge-0/0/0)]

Is it possible to zone that traffic or do I have to just use a ingress FW filter?

nzspambot fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jun 17, 2011

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

routenull0 posted:

I turn off zones on the Juniper SRX and just use standard FW Filters.

Alternatively, you could set ge-0/0/0 in the "Untrust" zone.

really? but the zones are statefull vs FW which are stateless, plus you can pipe it into IDP and UTM

Anyway the untrust zone is the default "ouside" zone which is gone and in it's place is the BORDER zone.

The way I look at it you define zones and then define traffic between zones but how do you define traffic which not in a zone ie the internet? seem I can't unless I'm missing something.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

routenull0 posted:

I always do my firewalling on a standalone piece of gear, never on the edge router, I guess if that's all I had to do both, then I wouldn't remove it.

Wouldn't the internet traffic be destined inbound to the "BORDER" zone in that case?

well you raise a point which occurred to me. I might just use it as a router and be done with it TBH as there is a another SRX involved which can do what I need.

But the was I see it is when defining a security policy on a zone you have to do from-zone <zone> to-zone <zone> where the from zone is undefined. I think maybe they are not meant to be a right-on-the-edge-device even tho they are a combo J/SSG upgrade.

So yes I think best is to use it as a router with no knobs and use filters to protect the BGP interface and if needed I can zone from it into the INTERNAL part of it.

thanks anyway

edit: where the gently caress is Sup2T. Anyone want bets on when it comes out? Duke Nukem took what 10 years?

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Powercrazy posted:

Pre-stage your configs, then copy/paste them in. Whenever I do config changes on live infrastructure, I never have a problem because I pre-stage.

Also JunOS sucks for vlan and ranges of interface changes (the two most common types of changes.)

Also there isn't an easy way to tell what ports are trunking, nor what vlan interfaces are in. Switching in Juniper is poo poo.

I disagree

set interface interface-range <foo>
show vlans
show ethernet-switching interfaces
show ethernet-switching table

not to mention

rename interface <foo> to <faa>

as for your prestage, how do you commit check and show | compare ? How do you roll back?

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Powercrazy posted:

Can you actually boot off of USB drives now?

That wasn't supported 4 years ago, and I'm not sure it could be without upgrading ROMMON.

yep, does require a specific ROMMON but works very well, either upgrading a CF Flash or testing or using for a rollback or whatever

done all of those lots of times

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Martytoof posted:

I love the little videos that Cisco managers do for the website to show off products, but it's terribly obvious why each and every manager at Cisco didn't go into acting as a career.

" :stare: Each cisco UCS 5100 chassis comes with four --" *paws at chassis trying to not break eye contact with camera, trying to point at power supplies* "-- up to four redundant power supplies. :stare:"

It's the :stare:-face that gets me every time :haw:

oh I love those, there are some terrible terrible ones which makes me wonder wtf they were thinking when they allowed them through

On topic:

Random question, leaking a route between virtual routers in juniper land, how do I handle the next hop? If I leak say 10.1.1.0/27 the next hop is in another inet table which means it won't work. I'm not being lazy here Ill figure it out tomorrow but was just wondering. When I did it in Cisco land (static routes) you just set the next-hop and VRF. I'm also leaking using OSPF which mayyyy not work.

The other thing is I need to leak a discard route which also dons't seem to be right after a glance as the static route placed in the table is set to be discarded.

Probably not explaining this very well :(

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Ninja Rope posted:

I ran into some stupid next-hop bug on EX 4200's that caused them to refuse to forward the traffic even though the config was correct. I had to update to JunOS 11.1 to fix it. If you get stuck I can try and find my notes but I remember seeing a bunch of j-net posts on how to leak routes between VRF's and you can probably Google those easily.

this would be on a SRX, I need 11.1+ for ST endpoints in a VR anyway.

But almost there I think looks like static routes might have to work for me. And leak the interface route as well.

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

CEF is turned off, etc.

Sadistic

nzspambot fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Feb 8, 2012

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

tortilla_chip posted:

Is the SVI involved in any NAT or high touch type features? Disabling CEF tends to be a fix for bugs.

or disabled for debugging and forgotten about

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Ahh Telstra not filtering it's customers, fun stuff

quote:

Suspect what happened was:

1) Dodo starts advertising full table to Telstra
2) Telstra don't filter, don't max prefix Dodo so carried this into their BGP Table.
3) Telstra started advertising Dodo's advertisements out their transit/peering ports as Dodo's AS is customer one and they don't filter that properly either.
4) "International" links go down as Telstra's transit provider and peers (eg. Reach etc) start hitting their max-prefix filters and dropping BGP hence why AS1221 went away.
5) Hilarity rains down upon us all.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

routenull0 posted:

NANOG has been hilarious about this today.

Lessons Telstra should have learned.

Use an IRR

AUSNOG had some good stuff as well

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Juniper or Brocade

These are ment to be good http://www.brocade.com/products/all/switches/product-details/icx-6610-switch/specifications.page BUT you have to buy licences :10bux: to enable 10G

Dunno about buffers as well :saddowns:

edit: buffers be

quote:

Greater buffering capabilities: With an 8 MB packet buffer, the Brocade ICX 6610
has deeper packet-forwarding buffers than the Brocade FCX Series

nzspambot fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 7, 2012

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

lol internet. posted:

Trying to use GNS3 for cisco testing. I can't seem to use the crypto command, any reason why?

It doesn't appear as an option when i type ? in the CLI.

I'm was testing this with a c3640 router on the C3640-is-mz.122-1.image

That images doesn't support crypto you'll need to search the :filez: for something with a k8/k9 in it eg:

c3640-js-mz.122-1.bin = no crypto
c3640-jk9s-mz.122-1.bin = crypto

use http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/Dispatch?showAllSoftware=true to find what you need to "find

edit:

IP PLUS c3640-is-mz.122-1.bin = what you have
IP PLUS IPSEC 3DES c3640-ik9s-mz.122-1.bin = what you need

nzspambot fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Mar 15, 2012

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Anjow posted:

What are the requirements for CompactFlash cards to work in Cisco devices? I'm specifically talking about a Sup720 in a 7606, I've got a 4GB Kingston card, formatted as FAT16, formatted in the supervisor in that chassis. I put an IOS image on it with my PC, it shows up fine on my PC, but I stick it in the supervisor and the card shows as empty! I then format the card in the supervisor again, stick it back in my PC and the IOS image is still there. I don't know how this could be happening.

Do only specific cards work? Can anyone think of a way to explain what I'm witnessing? Can anyone recommend some 3rd party CompactFlash cards that will work and I can get quickly in the UK please?

Edit: The device is currently running c7600s72033-adventerprisek9-mz.151-3.S2.

IME (based on ISR work) 4GB is pushing it. If you dir flash does it report a 4GB size? I used to find 4GB would report -3GB size

What I used to do was use a Linux distro and partition it to a 512MB or 1GB size

And the Sup720 maybe picky about what CF works

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

buffers, buffers buffers

Seem my colleagues at my old/new job thought a 3750-X stack would be a-ok for a EMC iSCSI (10Gb).

Seems not (not surprised at all)

I've tuned the buffers etc but now it's time to look at new switches

I know ideally it would be a 4948 or a N5K but I don't know if budget will stretch.

Any other alternatives? I thought brocade had a switch with 240+mb of buffers but cannot figure out which one it was. Dell have a nice one but at 31K might be a bit high.

Suggestions?

And I wasted a couple of hours troubleshooting a issue then looked at the docs and found that that vlan was never going to work for testing :sigh:

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Powercrazy posted:

Nexus and 4900E's aren't super pricy, if you can't afford those, then I'm not really sure what you will be able to afford.

well a small company located in the South Pacific tends not to get the best price on gear. Not to mention that the budget for the project won't cover this since it was speced wrong so the cost will fall onto us.

Which is why I'm interested in things which aren't Cisco since we're between a rock and hard place.

And it may be the case that it will be cheaper if we just change the EMC SPs to 1Gb down from 10Gb since the DR SAN has only 1GB and performs better than the Prod SAN

edit: For example a 4948 10Gb switch is our buy 13.5K + tax NZD

Add some optics and times by 2 will be up-towards 30K NZD before any special pricing.

nzspambot fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 20, 2012

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

an option, I wonder how much EMC will want for a licence.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Ninja Rope posted:

I'm sure jwh is being somewhat sarcastic, but the security and file access semantics are very different between nfs and iscsi. Just so you're aware. :)

yeah I know, it was an option I was thinking about anyway but it dons't sort out the overall issue of the switch not performing.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

CaptainGimpy posted:

nope and nope

I have a 5510 (8.4) with two different OSPF processes (10 and 20)

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

CaptainGimpy posted:

Right, the question was more than two. Two is the max.

right, I should learn to read :downs:

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

that's a very good doc to read.

FYI a couple of pages ago I had the same issues with a 3750-X stack, no amount of tinking can really fix the issue with these switches.

The only thing which really worked for me was to look at which queue had the largest amount of traffic and make that have the most buffers. Even then I still see drops.

The boss found a Dell switch which has more buffers for a lot cheaper inc HBAs

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

ior posted:

Correct, 20Gbps realworld throughput and you can stack up to 8 of them for 128Gbps of performance :D

Do you have a link on the stacking info? I came up empty on google and cisco.com :(

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

ahhhh asa 9.0 nice thanks for that!

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Does anyone have any info on the 3850 Catalyst Switches yet?

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

falz posted:

The most info I've seen so far is here:

https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/2013-January/088884.html

And you can view the images on Cisco's download page.

Yep that's what piqued my intrest

bloody NDAs

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

teh z0rg posted:

Does anyone have a Palo Alto PA-200?

I need the boot parameters. I was mucking around in mine and something bad happened and now it won't boot to PAN-OS or the maintenance partition.

Thanks in advance.

how much did one of those cost you (with any licences etc)

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

has anyone got IPv6 over lt interfaces in Junos working? All I can find is the encap of Ethernet doens't work for IPv6 so use Frame-Replay which of course doesn't work as well

code:

lt-0/0/0 {
        unit 0 {                        
            encapsulation frame-relay;
            dlci 1;
            peer-unit 1;
            family inet {
                address 172.16.255.9/30;
            }
            family inet6 {
                address 2001:0df0:043f:3::1/64;
            }