Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Kazinsal posted:

The internet in general has always been poo poo, friend.

There was 25 minutes of something going down at Ashburn Equinix for sure.

Passed for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Jbz posted:

Huge idiot here, I'm taking the ICND1 in a couple weeks and doing practice exams. Came across this question and I can't figure out why the /17 is the Most Correct answer.

Explanation says: "Of the routes for the 100.100.0.0 network shown, three of them would match for the 100.100.100.50 destination: 100.100.0.0/14, 100.100.0.0/16, and 100.100.0.0/17. The 100.100.0.0/21 route would not match the 100.100.100.50 destination because it would include only the addresses from 100.100.0.0 through 100.100.7.255, inclusively."

Re-reading the relevant chapter from the book wasn't helpful.

If a destination matches multiple routes, it will take the most specific one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_prefix_match

This is actually how 0.0.0.0/0 works.

It's the least specific route possible, it will always match if nothing else does. Its not just a hardcoded magic number, its logically consistent with all other routes.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Yeah there's no trivial easy way to fix the issue as described.

Best you can do is make the one saturated link bigger with a port channel.

The other options are multiple spanning tree or using L3.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

madsushi posted:

Anyone run Kubernetes and have any opinions on network models / overlays? Looking at a new K8S deployment and there's like a dozen different network models and I'm trying to figure out which isn't terrible.

Calico is cool. I also hear really good things about kube-router. I like them because its real IP BGP with no vxlan bullshit. Kube-router can peer with the rest of your network so you have real routes propagating around to normally cluster-internal resources like services or direct pod IPs.

Also if you're new to kubernetes networking. This and the two follow up articles for services and ingress are basically mandatory reading. https://medium.com/google-cloud/understanding-kubernetes-networking-pods-7117dd28727
Read it twice. And then read it again when you start actually building things on kubernetes.

The different network models are just the implementation of how each node gets a subnet and all nodes are aware of each other's subnets.

Methanar fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 13, 2018

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

FatCow posted:

The container ecosystem not being v6 native is the stupidest design decision I've ever seen. making GBS threads all over a Red Hat product guy about it was one of my best moments.

What would ipv6 solve? You'd still need some kind of overlay management.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

madsushi posted:

Thanks, really appreciate the info and link.

What's the big difference between Calico and Kube-router? It seems like both are L3 (no overlay) and use BGP. Is there something I'm missing?

Somehow, there isn't an actual article that I've found describing that. But these two are a pro-reads as well. Most notable is ebgp peering with the rest of your network so you can have real routes to service kubernetes' constructs which is useful if you're split-brained between some things inside of the cluster and somethings outside of the cluster. Especially if you're on-prem and can't use elb to handle ingress for you. (like me :( )
https://www.kube-router.io/docs/introduction/#what-is-kube-router
https://www.kube-router.io/docs/see-it-in-action/

My understanding is kube-router is a drop in replacement for Calico as a BGP node subnet manager, but it also replaces kube-proxy (the thing being the magic of service constructs) and can do microsegmentation all in one binary. Unclear exactly why this is better than its competitors and but apparently Its Good. It comes pre-built with prometheus metric endpoints so you get pretty graphs out of it easily that calico and kube-proxy don't give you.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

madsushi posted:

Yeah, I'm on-prem too.

Tell me when you start to hate the very concept of ingress from the internet.

madsushi posted:

This Calico doc seems to imply that you can have BGP peering with your network:
https://docs.projectcalico.org/v3.1/usage/external-connectivity
https://docs.projectcalico.org/v3.1/usage/configuration/bgp

I'll do some more research. It seems like IPVS is a big feature (vs kube-proxy).

Thanks again!

Calico can do ebgp peering as well, you're right. I'm bad at phrasing. I meant the ebgp peering part as a point in favor of a bgp based network vs vxlan.

kube-proxy actually has an ipvs mode too. Since 1.9 which was December I believe.

https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/services-networking/service/

quote:

Proxy-mode: ipvs
FEATURE STATE: Kubernetes v1.9 beta
In this mode, kube-proxy watches Kubernetes Services and Endpoints, calls netlink interface to create ipvs rules accordingly and syncs ipvs rules with Kubernetes Services and Endpoints periodically, to make sure ipvs status is consistent with the expectation. When Service is accessed, traffic will be redirected to one of the backend Pods.

Similar to iptables, Ipvs is based on netfilter hook function, but uses hash table as the underlying data structure and works in the kernel space. That means ipvs redirects traffic much faster, and has much better performance when syncing proxy rules. Furthermore, ipvs provides more options for load balancing algorithm, such as:

rr: round-robin
lc: least connection
dh: destination hashing
sh: source hashing
sed: shortest expected delay
nq: never queue

quote:

Unclear exactly why this is better than its competitors and but apparently Its Good.

At the moment I'm using calico with iptables mode kube-proxy. Its been working well for me. If you do choose something else, let me know how it goes.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

FatCow posted:

Unless I'm mistaken there is a ridiculous amount of NAT going on within Kubernetes. We're trying to put VoIP application in containers and the media flows are an absolute nightmare with how it currently exists. To the point where I consider it broken for UDP use cases. I'm not an engineer on the Kubernetes side, but every conversation I've had with the people working directly in it has been disappointing. We'll likely be running anything UDP/RTP in VMs while everything else goes to containers.

It's 2018, I should be able to have a globally unique IPv6 address for every container. These are the use cases IPv6 was designed for. And yes I know you shouldn't be directly accessing your containers, but that is what ACLs are for.

Okay I'll give you that.

My main application is webrtc which is directly accessed by users in the public internet is a loving abomination to make work in kubernetes. Like you say, to the point of it being legitimately broken. Whats the point of I need to operate in the host network namespace anyway. But of course even that's not good enough because the webrtc thing is not on its own. Its got 3 different redises, needs something to term ssl whether thats an ingress controller or haproxy container in the pod, some really stupid endpoint that requires :443 on a public endpoint (looked at rewriting this so the pod could advertise a port and not have a statically required one but lol). But then operating in the host network namespace fucks up everything.

I'm on prem and have a fixed number of machines to work with. When I do a deployment everything eats poo poo because if I try to deploy a new pod onto a machine with an existing pod, it fails because ports are already in use. So then the issue becomes I need two separate deployments for one application with different network configurations working together and to figure out how to do service discovery so the webrtc piece in the host network can find its other parts in the real cluster network.

But of course that's not all either. I'm on-prem and doing many 10s of gbps of video transmission. Data locality becomes important. Like I guess for the http control traffic I can have an ingress controller infront and do host header matching to direct traffic to the correct container backends based off of how it registers to the core.

But then I need dynamic, public DNS of my pods. I was thinking I could delegate a subzone for CoreOS to be authoritative but wait I guess that's actually not possible for externalIPs of services unless I write in the capability to do that. Which I might need to because the incubator project external-dns literally just does not work for ingress controllers at the moment, their slack channel helpfully told me I should just use ELB instead. https://github.com/coredns/coredns/issues/1851

nvm you're right gently caress kubernetes.

quote:

madsushi posted:
Yeah, I'm on-prem too.

Tell me when you start to hate the very concept of ingress from the internet.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm running kubernetes because I hate myself.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
What's wrong with MMF?

I use it for all my trunks. Servers each get two 10g copper DAC to different switches.

Am I doing it wrong?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I will never be complicit in purchasing anything from cisco that is not a router again.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

MF_James posted:

What's wrong with their switches?

Arista exists.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Our last round of hiring I was really disappointed that I wasn't able to grill anybody on bare metal anything let alone BGP or networkingisms because everyone who applied had only ever worked on AWS.

Was a bit of an eye-opener

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

:yikes:

Look I'm all about the cloud, used properly, but if you don't need someone who knows layer 2 or bgp etc, then you don't really need network engineer.

I don't quite follow.

What I was talking about was a case where we were hiring Linux SREs who could code, or devs who were comfortable doing infra things. Out of like 15 people that I interviewed, only 1 of them had any meaningful non-cloud experiences at all. At the time I didn't realize that working in an physical DC was becoming such a lost art. Particularly where you can't do things like just throw money at Amazon to do your edge load balancing for you or have to consider capacity planning, or etc etc etc

I didn't really think it was that unreasonable expect awareness of virtual MAC based HA as an example off the top of my head. Or being able to walk through a troubleshooting scenario where you have data loss because you are emitting jumbo packets to the internet that get fragmented down to 1500 somewhere in the middle, but the ICMP fragment requests get dropped at your edge because of your firewall policy that didn't permit ICMP.

Or the classic example of you type "traceroute google.com`. How does this work?

Methanar fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Sep 27, 2018

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Methanar posted:

I didn't really think it was that unreasonable expect awareness of virtual MAC based HA as an example off the top of my head.

To add to this virtual MAC bit. One of the guys that we did hire set up keepalived on a network that was shared with our NAT installation that was using CARP. There was a few moments of mass confusion when terrible things happened because the guy didn't know that keepalived and CARP were both implementations of virtual MAC HA and that you can't have them share VRRP groups in the same broadcast domain.

Methanar fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Sep 27, 2018

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

tortilla_chip posted:

I would just ECMP and not rely on MLAG.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
So I'm a huge dipshit and made some mistake a while ago forgetting that iBGP and eBGP have different administrative distances.

If I don't want whether a route is originating from within the same ASN or not to be a deciding factor in whether or not to use it, can I just change the AD of iBGP to be 20, the same as eBGP without loving everything up?

this is irrelevant

Basically, what I've got is this where the best carrier to go over is dependent on which device you're talking to which I don't really like.

Here you can see in the first output we're preferring the route with the giant metric of 178100 , even though there is a 0 metric possibility, because the seemingly worse option is originated over eBGP

code:
core-switch-2(config)#show ip bgp 1.0.16.0/24
BGP routing table information for VRF default
Router identifier 10.12.0.2, local AS number 395332
BGP routing table entry for 1.0.16.0/24
 Paths: 3 available
  174 174 2519
    38.142.223.97 from 38.142.223.97 (66.28.1.185)
      Origin IGP, metric 178100, localpref 100, weight 0, valid, external, ECMP head, ECMP, best, ECMP contributor
      Community: 174:21201 174:22032
      Rx SAFI: Unicast
  174 174 2519
    38.142.5.1 from 38.142.5.1 (66.28.1.185)
      Origin IGP, metric 178100, localpref 100, weight 0, valid, external, ECMP, ECMP contributor
      Community: 174:21201 174:22032
  6939 6939 2519
    10.12.0.1 from 10.12.0.1 (10.12.0.1)
      Origin IGP, metric 0, localpref 100, weight 0, valid, internal

B E    1.0.16.0/24 [200/178100] via 38.142.5.1, Ethernet1
                                 via 38.142.223.97, Ethernet2
code:
 B E    1.0.16.0/24 [200/0] via 216.66.43.181, Ethernet1
                            via 216.66.68.249, Ethernet3
                            via 216.66.23.1, Ethernet4
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/border-gateway-protocol-bgp/13753-25.html

quote:

7) Prefer eBGP over iBGP paths.

If bestpath is selected, go to Step 9 (multipath).
Prefer ebgp over ibgp is a step entirely on its own in the path selection process, independent of AD (why even bother assigning different ADs then, cisco)

code:
Connected interface	0
Static route	1
Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) summary route	5
External Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)	20
Internal EIGRP	90
IGRP	100
OSPF	110
Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS)	115
Routing Information Protocol (RIP)	120
Exterior Gateway Protocol (EGP)	140
On Demand Routing (ODR)	160
External EIGRP	170
Internal BGP	200
Unknown*	255
Is there even a way to override that? I'm flipping through the bgp tunables I can set and I'm not necessarily seeing anything.

Nope there isn't. uh now what. I'd really rather not throw more Source IP routing at this

Methanar fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 2, 2019

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Separate questions

code:
core-switch-2(config-router-bgp)#show ip bgp 1.0.128.0/24
BGP routing table information for VRF default
Router identifier 10.12.0.2, local AS number 395332
BGP routing table entry for 1.0.128.0/24
 Paths: 3 available
  6939 6939 38040 23969
    10.12.0.1 from 10.12.0.1 (10.12.0.1)
      Origin IGP, metric 0, localpref 100, weight 0, valid, internal, best
  174 174 38040 23969
    38.142.223.97 from 38.142.223.97 (66.28.1.185)
      Origin INCOMPLETE, metric 64070, localpref 100, weight 0, valid, external, ECMP head, ECMP, ECMP contributor
      Community: 174:21001 174:22013
  174 174 38040 23969
    38.142.5.1 from 38.142.5.1 (66.28.1.185)
      Origin INCOMPLETE, metric 64070, localpref 100, weight 0, valid, external, ECMP, ECMP contributor
      Community: 174:21001 174:22013
Should I be concerned about some routes just not originated properly through some ISPs? If I only had a single carrier here, 10.0.128.0 would just go nowhere Not true either. Just means that when Cogent, or someone else in the middle; or the origin, earns the route its doing something funky like redistributing an internal protocol into BGP but not overriding the ORIGIN attribute. Its a bit weird that despite the same path being present after the first hop, HE and Cogent routes differ in the origin. That's probably because someone way upstream is/isn't doing something right regarding setting attributes with a route-map when peering. I guess.

Kind of unfortunate that ones part of the path selection process. I can probably overwrite that attribute as I receive the routes, but ehh.

Is there really not a safer way of playing with the internet than blindly setting AS-path prepending or similar and then watching your links and hoping you don't send 11g over a 10g connection?
What about when I start setting policy-based routing statements, do I really just yolo it and hope I do it right on the first try? I'm not really sure how you build a test environment for The Internet.

Like okay I just read about all this so I understand. I could overwrite the origin attribute on all advertisements received through cogent by doing this.
code:
route-map RMAP-SET-ORIGIN-IGP permit 10
   set origin igp

router bgp ....
   neighbor 38.142.5.1 route-map RMAP-SET-ORIGIN-IGP in
Or I could be more specific and say

code:
route-map RMAP-SET-ORIGIN-IGP permit 10
   match ip address access-list ACL-PERMIT-10.0.128.0
   set origin igp

router bgp ....
   neighbor 38.142.5.1 route-map RMAP-SET-ORIGIN-IGP in
Which, cool, in theory that'll work. I'm not going to see if it actually works by putting it on my network at friday night when I don't need to though.

Is it just a normal and fine thing for most people for different BGP speaking routers to have different world views if they make it past the first 7 steps of bgp path selection?

Methanar fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Feb 2, 2019

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Tetramin posted:

Using a 5500 wireless controller. Trying to move a network from Vlan 1 to 10, have the switchports trunked with a native vlan of 10. The wireless clients can't get DHCP addresses. They do show 'auth: no' for each client but forgetting and rejoining the network doesn't work. We are using flexconnect to define each SSID's vlan. I've read about defining a new interface where you can set DHCP servers, but i thought flexconnect overrides the interface settings? Obviously the flexconnect vlan tagging is changed from 1 to 10, and I set the VLAN settings in advanced like this:
(we use centralized DHCP, and the guest VLAN and VoIP vlan work fine). I really think I should define an interface for this new vlan but I'm getting pushback so I can't try creating it.

Anybody have any idea?

Does your new vlan and dhcp server actually share the same broadcast domain? If not you'll need to set up dhcp helper to relay the dhcp packets.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
gns3 is such a pain in the rear end to set up.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

TheManWithNoName posted:

Every other WFH employee I’ve talked to uses their personal router and they aren’t having this issue though.

Is your DHCP lease expiring? Try statically assigning your phone the IP its dynamically been assigned.

I've had an issue before where a lovely consumer router just didn't renew a release until after it had completely expired. It was a dlink something from 10 years ago

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Thanks Ants posted:

If I have APs in two offices that are across the road from each other which are connected via a VPN tunnel but otherwise don't share any infrastructure, am I better off putting all the APs into the same logical group and enabling L3 roaming, or trying to turn the Tx power on the APs down to such a low value that you drop off the network before you reach the other building?

There's no requirement for a connection to be maintained, and I'm 90% sure that trying to make sure the networks aren't visible outside the walls is the way to go.

Build a faraday cage

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

klosterdev posted:

How well does OSI troubleshooting work vertically? Eg because I know layer 3 works fine (no dropped packets to destination), I can rule out layer 1 as the reason for connectivity issues to that device, but would that also allow me to rule out layer 2?

Its possible to have flapping vlans/vxlans, or maybe some kind of l2 qos problems (ASK ME ABOUT ESXI STANDARD VSWITCHES) that cause intermittent issues. Or maybe IP address conflicts and your arp tables are getting confused periodically.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Docjowles posted:

I think that reasoning breaks down pretty quickly. MTU mismatches are a good example. Pings work, TCP sessions get established, etc, basic tests look fine. But when you start to put load on the link, it becomes very erratic, dropping packets left and right. So in that case, layer 3 and up were actually fine, but the MTU at layer 2 was wrong. So your "I can ping, gotta be higher up the stack" premise falls apart. Wrong speed/duplex settings on an interface causing it to be at 10/Half or some poo poo are another one off the top of my head. That would probably look OK during cursory testing, but perform like utter rear end under load.

e: wtf I have to get used to a new Methanar avatar?

I got red titled. I should probably change it back.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
If for some reason I actually need a hardware firewall, fortigate >>>>>>> ASA

They're also extremely good for doing dialin VPNs, I'd choose fortigate way before I'd ever consider doing it myself with strongswan. Especially if you're looking to tie it in with AD and MFA

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

ragzilla posted:

This is incredibly common as a lot of the fiber out there is standard g.652, and not the more modern and exotic like low water peak and dispersion shifted (unless it's new longhaul intercity builds that use DS fiber to avoid doing DCM, but even that's less useful now with 200G+ superchannel OEO regen GMPLS networks).

Its rare I read something that I understand this little.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

MF_James posted:

Thankfully we don't do firepower at all, we have a config standard that removes BVI as well (for devices that need it), though I don't think the 5515/5516s come by default like the 5506's. I do long for Fortinet's as lovely as that sounds, but it looks like we're moving to SonicWALL

Nothing lovely about wanting fortinets for a VPN terminator or if you really need a hardware firewall for some reason.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

GreenNight posted:

We're getting a pair of 10 gig switches for our datacenter. Aruba 3810m vs Cisco Nexus 3524xl. Any reason not to go with Aruba? drat near half the cost, even including optics.

Still buy unbranded optics

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Don't use bgp unless you really know what you're doing. Weighted dns with health checks is probably a better idea as mentioned.

But I have no idea what the service is

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
What goes into the decision to use Juniper rather than Arista, other than Juniper gear already being entrenched and in place?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Biowarfare posted:

Not sure if this is appropriate for a short question, but any recommendations or models on whether some used ciscos are decent for some basic learning stuff/personal project hosting? Right now I'm using a Supermicro whitebox running bird with two dual SFP+ cards installed for routing. I currently have 2 (soon 3) full table transit BGP sessions, and this one would be directly connected to 4 internet exchanges. At least a handful of 10G ports are preferred.

Get set up with GNS3. You'll be able to test a million more situations than you ever could with just one metal box sitting somewhere.

GNS3 is a tool that runs real ios/eos/juniper/whatever images in VMs for you. You can even hook up real devices like your supermicro to your GNS3 network if you're feeling spicy and want to connect to the real internet for some reason.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Biowarfare posted:

This is intended for actual deployment, I'm running about 20-30 Gbps of ""production"" traffic right now. I'm just kind of wondering if any outdated ebay-tier cisco gear is worth getting or if they all have problems dealing with fulltable memory-wise or something at that level of end-of-life oldness. Or I have no idea how much real cisco kit costs.

At my last job I I bought like 8 of arista 7050SX off ebay used with a 100% success rate for literal 10% the price that Arista themselves would sell them to you. 10/10 would buy again. Has a good API and cisco style cli. Minimal bullshit with offbrand SFPs

48 10gbps ports with 4 40g qsfp

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Arista-DCS-...oYAAOSwnWBdUdGI

I didn't run the 7050s with full table BGP, so you might need to check if they'll work for you, but I did run 5x full table BGP off of arista 7280SRs which are also dirt cheap on ebay for what it is.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Arista-DCS-7280SE-64-F-48x10GbE-SFP-4x40GbE-QSFP-F-to-R-Airflow/323584542483

Methanar fucked around with this message at 07:51 on May 26, 2020

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Is 'blackhole' a racist term now like blacklisting.

"I'm going to blackhole this route"

Methanar fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 6, 2020

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I can't wait for No Code to kill every devops/cloud/learn to code :smug: job

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Biowarfare posted:

I'm curious, does anyone here run a network for fun/learning or just do practice labs/old hardware/etc? If you're European you can get started for about 25-50 euros for your own ASN and some IPv6 blocks, there are a number of nonprofit assocations/clubs that support this like CommunityRack in Switzerland, grifon.fr in France, Coloclue in NL, etc - routed onto the public DFZ. I found this to be a lot more fun than a lab with a bunch of virtual Ciscos.

No I actually try to spend as little time as possible doing computer things if I'm not being paid for it.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Don't depend on network level segmentation as a replacement for proper authn/authz for one.

Hostbased firewalling is fine if you can put together an rbac model in ansible or chef. That's how I'd do it tbh rather than trying to maintain n vlans and then managing acls anyway.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Biowarfare posted:

wrt k8s: I have huge kubies running for some projects, have everything do automatic mTLS and tcp proxying through abunch of load balancers and you should be fine - k8s pods should not even be exposing things like ssh, just running an application (check out the distroless base images for something to base off of, if new)
Are you using istio

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
ASAs are trash

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

ior posted:

Depends on how you define most. The big players are definitely not using pf/iptables (Palo, Check Point, Fortinet, Cisco). Keep in mind that both pf/iptables only do ip/port. Whilst a modern NGFW does everything from appcontrol, ips dns security, sd-wan, sandboxing etc.

https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/solutions/security/firewalls-proxies

How do these sorts of software firewalls/appliances work presumably without their special hardware?

Is it just poorly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Pile Of Garbage posted:

Exactly the same as the physical appliances and worked perfectly

How