Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
I’d rather work on literally anything other than a SonicWall. I’d rather be stuck in some kinda hosed up purgatory where I just deployed FirePower over and over to the unholy shrieks of a never ending stream of clients than have to touch one ever again. They’re the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
FortiGate's and Palos are all I'd recommend anymore, know some people who love CheckPoint though.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Pretty sure the virtual FTG throughput is terrible like all virtual counterparts, but otherwise indistinguishable

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

I once "acquired" an ASA 5505 I've been using as my router/firewall for ages. Makes no noise and I only occasionally have to deal with the utter poo poo that is Cisco firewall configuration. It makes no noise, isn't hot as hell, and has the appropriate number of ports. I've had switches laying around and ebayed every single one of them.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

As someone running an ASA with some kind of firepower module at home I could not recommend it any less. I got it for free years ago and I still hate it. If you’re going to buy something like that just get a Fortigate.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

fatman1683 posted:

Could you give some detail on your experience with it? I've never worked with Firepower, only the older ASAs, so I don't really know what to expect.

It’s extremely user hostile, it takes forever to get it all going after a power cycle, you may require a VM to run the administrative stuff, and it’s generally just a bad product in every respect. I’m going to rip it out someday because I can’t use it for anything that I wanted to because using any of the features requires me logging and loving with it instead of just being an overpriced router that can block inbound stuff I never look at or remember that I own

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

If Fortinet is a pale ale, Cisco is a plastic cup of Budweiser someone’s been using as an ashtray

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

BGP over IPSEC and weight them in azure

Edit: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/vpn-gateway/vpn-gateway-highlyavailable heres a primer. Not sure if it’s BGP over IPsec but it’s how you do it easily ultimately

i am a moron fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jul 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

The gently caress is VTI lol