Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsck
May 22, 2002
/usr/sbin/fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0
I have a pair of Cisco Catalyst 6506 routers that are to terminate both sides of a private-line OC3. I know IOS but CatOS and the relationship between the OC3 FlexWAN module and the supervisor engines is really making me tear my hair out.

Does anyone have experience doing VLAN trunking between the IOS FlexWAN modules and the CatOS super2 engines? If you're a consultant, I'm willing to pay for a couple hours time. I know I'm just missing the obvious :(

My first thought was to put the OC3 interface (POS5/0/0) into the same VLAN as the ethernet ports managed by CatOS. Unfortunately the OC3 interface does not accept switchport commands!

If you think you can help I would love a private message or an IM chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsck
May 22, 2002
/usr/sbin/fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0

Girdle Wax posted:

The FlexWAN isn't a switchport- it's intended to be used as a WAN connection. It's typical use (as a POS interface) you'd just set up IPs on either side and use it as a routed (not switchport) interface. If you need to do VLANs over it you're probably going to have to look at running MPLS/L2VPN/EoMPLS over it.

Actually I don't need to do VLAN trunking, specifically. All I really need to do is use the OC3 to connect one side of the network to the other - they are on different octet class-C subnets (i.e. 10.10.10.0 and 10.10.11.0 for sake of example). The hybrid mode of the current switch config is probably what is so heinously confusing to me.

Maybe we could do an IM session? AIM/Yahoo!/ICQ: novafsck