Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gregday
May 23, 2003

If anyone wants to buy some Cisco Catalyst 2950 24-port switches, I have 3 available in perfect condition.

SA Mart thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2610569

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

Cisco is not my speciality, but in my duties I have inherited administration of a PIX 505e, and I'm going to be replacing it with an ASA 5505. How much of a world of poo poo can I expect to be in?

I don't suppose it's possible to just paste in my PIX's running config and go, right?

I'm furiously reading guides and manuals.

gregday
May 23, 2003

That's exactly what I needed. Hot drat thank you.

gregday
May 23, 2003

I inherited a PIX 515E from a client. Is it worth doing anything with just for fun? Even worth eBaying?

edit: Maybe nothing. It's been >30 minutes watching the console and it still hasn't booted past the PCI Device Table.

Reseated the RAM (32MB), and removed an expansion Ethernet card, and did the tests you can do when you press ESC after power on. All good. But this fucker is perpetually sitting at the PCI Device Table. It lists everything, but nothing more. How long should I wait? Is there anything at all I can do?

This unit was replaced about 6 months ago with a 5520. It was working at the time, and has been sitting in the rack powered down for 6 months. Today I thought to play around with it, and it's stuck. I'm positive it was working fine back when I replaced it. And it didn't take a day and a half to boot.

gregday fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Aug 3, 2010

gregday
May 23, 2003

My 515E says it's version 6.3(3) with a Restricted license.

Turns out it was a bad battery :downs:

gregday fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Aug 3, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

FYI, I am selling the aforementioned PIX.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3337309

That is all.