Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
You can get a WLC on an card and stuff it in a router also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?

Moey posted:

Any point in using PFS on a site to site VPN if it isn't going over the internet?

It's trivial to enable.

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?

Dalrain posted:

Yeah, I agree on this point. However, I feel that if I can get into the concepts, I'll be better prepared for what's coming. I presume you're also deep in IT somewhere and saw what happened to the traditional Linux sysadmins when "devops" came along. I know I watched it - and traditional network admins are in for the same if we don't get ready for config management in the network space.

config management - rancid
change attribution - AAA/ACS
bulk config changes - any NMS ever
putting ports in vlans - dot1x, ACS, AD
etc

What problem is SDN solving for me?

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
On the internet you can use published communities to do traffic engineering with your peers (ISPs).

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
I guess ScreenOS isn't dead yet?

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?

adorai posted:

out of curiousity, at what size of business (bank if it matters) should I be to (be worried about) get my own AS?

An intent to dual home with two ISPs is enough to justify an AS for ARIN.

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?

Colonial Air Force posted:

Hi, total Cisco newb. What is this? Why won't it just configure easily so I can move on? :(

I'm not opposed to using CLI for the first steps, I just don't know how.

Wow. A photo of a screen with a gui error message.

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
There's a Cisco 800 series router 'implant' referenced in the Vault 7 dump.

All PSIRT has out so far is: http://blogs.cisco.com/security/the-wikileaks-vault-7-leak-what-we-know-so-far

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
If you have an ASA read this:

http://blogs.cisco.com/security/urgent-proactive-customer-notification-asa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
Hey...7206s and 6509s built worlds.

In unrelated news, somehow I'm an NCE at Cisco.