Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
andre patton
Jul 20, 2003
softly...as if I played piano in the dark

Xeras posted:

What do you do in regards to clothes shopping? Do you have your wardrobe set up to differentiate colors or something along those lines or do you have clothes that are mostly the same? Does any of that even matter to you?(Not trying to be rude) Also, do you have any pets not for assisting you with day to day living, just because you like that animal?

I have a friend who is terribly colorblind. I set up a pretty easy system for him to follow.

He only wears 2 types of pants...jeans and khakis. Thankfully for a guy almost any kind of shirt looks OK with jeans but he normally only wears polo shirts so that makes it easier. I took his shirts that look OK with khakis and put them on a different shelf.

That way, if he's wearing jeans, he can pick any shirt. If he's wearing khakis, he goes for the separate shelf.

Edit: Here's a question for the OP. How was it explained to you that you were blind? Seems like a pretty hard concept for a kid to grasp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andre patton
Jul 20, 2003
softly...as if I played piano in the dark
When your dog retires this year, where does it go? Florida?

Also, tell me if this game sounds feasible. A group of people, both male and female take showers. All use the same shampoo, body wash, lotion et cetera. Then they all stand in a line, and a blind person walks by and sniffs their crotch from about 6-8 inches.

At the end, the blind person says which ones are girls and which ones are guys.

Possible?