Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Madness
Jan 23, 2007

19 holy poo poo you are young, why get married so quick and at such a young age? I mean get engaged have some fun get married a few years from now if all is still working out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madness
Jan 23, 2007

I just hope you both grow up at the same time, your still young and so is he. I am 25 now myself and when I married my wife 3 years ago I was 100% a different person and even though we have both changed we worked it out and stayed together, but it was on of the hardest things I have ever done. People say marriage is 50/50 but it is never that way, sometimes you will feel unloved or even alone because real life "job, kids, ext" take away time you once had together and it makes things really really hard. My first year being married was one of the hardest years of my life, and remember a lot of people freak out in the first year and that is why 7/10
"probably higher now" people get divorced in the first year of marriage. I wish you the best and hope your not part of the 7 people who give up..

Madness
Jan 23, 2007

KuangMkV posted:

You're having a wedding related party themed around an RPG that was so terrible not even White Wolf could sell it to a ready-made market of fat girls in faerie wings?
This really made me laugh, I think it's the fat girls with wings image that got me.

Madness
Jan 23, 2007

Lissedae posted:

I've actually gotten that advice from my grandmother. She said that the hardest year is without a doubt the first year. You're so worried about finances, you don't get the time you thought you would, and you start thinking about big thinks like kids.
We've been living together for a while now, and that's helped a lot. We're pretty stable in our daily lives, understand the time we have for each other, etc. Getting married will change very little in the practical sense. Still though, I am worried that the first year is going to be more stressful that I had anticipated. I'm certain that we're close enough, in love enough and just plain compatible enough to get through very, very hard times.

I really appreciate the encouragement and advice.

No problem at all, my wife and I lived together for 3 years before getting married very little changed at first, but then you realize that one of you has to give up there dreams at least for a little while. My wife works and goes to school full time to become a teacher, I work for a very large company as a systems analyst. I will have to stay at this job no matter what till she finishes school. Anything I want to work on school wise or job wise will be put on hold till she is done, once she finishes I assume I will start working on things I want. But tell then I just have to weight and that is hard to do sometimes. I hope you guys beat all the odds and have a kick rear end life, but realize that you both may change and one of you may change into someone the other does not like :(

Madness fucked around with this message at 11:08 on May 26, 2007