Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idiot
Dec 21, 2006
AM I DOING THIS RIGHT?

Sam Handwich posted:

Okay seriously, this has completely consumed my day, and I need to share it with you guys.

http://bbr.eucaly.net/bbr2nd/bbr2nd/bbr2nd.swf

This is probably the best flash-based IIDX simulator out there. It's 100% original music, with some work done by some pretty popular J-core and rave artists out there like REDALiCE and Cranky. The first mix of this came out sometime last year, and was pretty awesome right out of the gate, but about a month or two ago, they released the 2nd mix of it. More than twice the music, with all of the songs from the 1st mix added in. 4 extra stages, and I think there's a One More Extra Stage too, but I can't figure out how to access it. Even after playing it nonstop for like 4 or 5 hours today, I think there are still songs left to unlock, because they keep popping up at completely random times, just when I think I've gotten everything.

There are unlockable skins, background images, song select tracks, note bursts and burst colors, plus a persistant online top-10 for every song on every difficulty. I've actually managed to make it onto a few of the lists on a few songs, and even got a 1st on a song on Hyper, so I'm pretty stoked. It keeps record of your dj name and all of your accomplishments in a cookie too (or maybe on their server?), so if you come back to it later, all of your information will still be on-hand.

Okay, I was playing this earlier today and I unlocked the EXTREME FOLDER with 4 more songs after I beat HAPPY RAINBOW on normal with hard mode turned on. Before I went into the folder, though, I went to the main menu and checked if I had unlocked any new skins. When I went back to the song list to look at the new folder it was gone. :(

Is there any way to get it back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idiot
Dec 21, 2006
AM I DOING THIS RIGHT?

Sam Handwich posted:

Check this link out, it's the secrets page of the bbr website run through a translation website. It's all in engrish, but it's pretty easy to figure out what you have to do for each.

Or you could just bypass it all and put in the code to unlock it all for you. I thought it was a lot more gratifying to do it manually though :)

Hey, thanks! I managed to get the EXTREME FOLDER to appear again. Also, that translator kicks BabelFish's rear end. I actually found the secrets page before but with BabelFish I couldn't understand any of it.

Idiot
Dec 21, 2006
AM I DOING THIS RIGHT?

helopticor posted:

If I've forgotten anything important/nonobvious, let me know.

• Double-tapping select in the middle of a song will toggle the video on and off when you have the score-graph turned on.
  • Holding start and select for a couple seconds will instantly end a song.
  • Holding start, select, and at least one white and one black key will instantly restart the song without going to the grade screen or any loading times.

I didn't know about the double-tap start shortcut. Every time I bumped the turntable when I was changing my hi-speed I'd go all the way back to song selection and turn it off there.