Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

GentlemanLoser posted:

I don't mean to say that every bad thing in Berserk only happens to women, it's just that there aren't any strong female characters without at least some kind of string attatched.

But...there aren't any strong male characters without strings attached. I think the closest we've come to seeing something like that is Serpico.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Depending on when you count from, you might even be younger. The "prototype" was written sometime in 1988.

Then I'm as old as Berserk. Some might find that sad...I find it kinda awesome.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Agreed. This year was a pretty good year for releases, overall. Pretty good chapters, too. Just when I thought I had had it with pirates, Miura throws me some undead fish-demon pirates and refreshes things. How awesome.:allears:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'd be cooler with this news if I didn't wait through a year of nothing to get it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I'm sorry your entertainment options are so limited. May I suggest One Piece? I get the feeling you may find that series updates considerably more often and is comparable in quality, if not maturity.

I'm sorry that you're so beaten down by Berserk that this news causes no reaction from you. Look, I'm looking forward to the new project, since I agree that something new will probably be good for Miura. Even so, a whole year with no news, no nothing, until finally news breaks out that Miura is working on something completely different is a let down.

But you're totally right, me being disappointed that this series still hasn't gone anywhere in over 365 days is a sign of immaturity. gently caress off.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SatansBestBuddy posted:

T'was a joke, you see.

Besides, they released the second movie in English back in August, and the third came out in February in Japan, so saying the year has had nothing is ignoring what we have gotten. No new chapters, but not nothing.

Right over my head, then.

I guess I didn't really think about the movies. My interest in them was pretty low though, so that probably explains that.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am a failure in every conceivable way. I can never make amends for my transgressions.:smith:

So since you brought it up, did the movies get better after the first one? I remember it not being bad, but the retread didn't really move the needle for me.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I kinda hope it was Gundam Seed Destiny. Just knowing it exists makes me cry some days.

Gonna sit down tomorrow night and get through the 2nd and 3rd Berserk movies. Should be fun, I hope.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I like the way they give the idea of wrestling such a romantic, noble kind of air. Cause man, Hulk Hogan was never a romantic, noble kind of creature.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't even know why people even look at the thread. If I see 50 new replies, I just assume it's everyone committing to a suicide pact after another one chapter year.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
YouTube commenters are amazing, though. These dudes are putting in 200% effort into the dorkiest luxury items you can think of, and they're questioning the craftsmanship of it all.

"Those blades are bendy, though!!!"

:qqsay:

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Mar 10, 2015

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Roland Jones posted:

But yeah, it's really impressive. The "not real blacksmiths" crowd is probably all people who've never forged a thing in their lives, too.

I've never forged anything in my life, nor do I think I ever will. Even so, I just don't see how people can bitch when so much effort is clearly being put into these things. If in fact these items were of shoddy quality, I wouldn't be able to tell you what quality actually is.:shrug:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't care for Stardust Crusaders because Jotaro is boring as poo poo

EDIT: still can't say I hate it though

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Krampus Grewcock posted:

The 100 pages will be a flip-book of Griffith's flowing hair.

It's hilarious and sad because this is true and yet everyone in the world wishes it weren't

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Is Griffith gonna be pissed that somebody went after Rickert? I imagine he won't be happy about it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The girl can be tough, the girl can love Rickert. She could also...i dunno, not just run right into the middle of a fight with a shadowman?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Bad Seafood posted:

Bleach has been "Ending" for awhile, the final arc is just ridiculously drawn out even by Bleach standards.
Done.

Thanks bud

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Law Cheetah posted:

she was fine with it, she didnt start hating Guts until he had a weird psycho freak out and almost raped her and bit her on the titty

This is a pretty good way to explain. I'm fairly certain I would hate anyone who bit my titty, and I'm a man, man.:ohdear:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am going to watch it and love it but talk a ton of poo poo about it because god dammit I wanna be cool.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Guts is strong and I like him a lot because of it.:3:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It wasn't.....very good.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Anyone who badmouths dynasty warriors has garbage opinions about video games.

Enjoy your souls and bloodborne, but leave DW alone you fucks.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I want that lower picture posted on my gravestone, cause that poo poo is killing me right now. Holy poo poo :lol:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
scientific fact: guts riding zodd was really cool

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
i am going to watch all of this because its there

the mountain climb of anime

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Nina is a bad person, but also a product of her environment. In a better world, she'd only be a bratty little poo poo. A lot less prostitution and VD, I'd imagine.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I look at it this way: There are plenty of anime that come out every season that look stunning and gorgeous, but are awful fanservicey trash. This Berserk series looks pretty subpar most of the time, but at least I know I like what it's going to be about.

In other words, this adaptation has real flaws but I'm willing myself past them.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
His conversation post-rescue was probably the highlight of the episode for me.

"Oh....death?" Totally nonchalant.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I want Isidro to murder Griffith

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope it's Casca just calling Griffith a pathetic batman ripoff.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Two ideas:

1)Hiatus means poo poo is going to get loving bleak, which while not surprising given where they're going it's still going to give me whiplash after a chapter like this.

2)I........I hate this man and the addiction he has inflicted upon me. Draw worse and faster, god drat you.:smithicide:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nate RFB posted:

I thought Skull Knight chopped it off like a billion years/chapters ago. E: Nope, it was Dream/Vision Griffith indeed.

Which chapter was this? I'm now concerned.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Bloodyshinta1 posted:

goons like beserk so much because grifith cucked guts

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The saddest dunk attempt I've ever seen. Heart was in the right place though.

Reading this drat series, I feel like I've spent nearly a decade getting dunked on by Miura. Oh wait, I have.:smith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
wowow

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Deified Data posted:

I can't believe I'm gonna watch it all again.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've been jones'in for another Musou game, but honestly I'd rather they revisit Gundam again or give me Dynasty Warriors...uh...*checks*...9?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope the best looking parts of Badzerk involve Griffith, because then we'll have to re-evaluate the accuracy of the adaptation.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Josuke Higashikata posted:

New chapter spoilers
https://imgur.com/a/rduxC#pdMPf0S

Some of the imagery here is real creepy.

Casca.:smith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Don't bite titties, ESPECIALLY if you've got some avatar of rage and anger trying to possess you.

Just another Solid Shinjobi Tip.:thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am watching the anime, y'all, and if there's anything in particular I feel like crying about I'll let ya know.

So far I'm just ho-hum about the whole thing.