Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I can only speak about the Anime version, but it definitely is my favorite anime of all time, despite my namesake. It has a storyline which is very interesting and well supported by the fleshed out characters. Sadly, I can't speak much on the behalf of the Manga, as I don't really bother to read it, although I've heard it's even better. Going to Skullknight's forums every so often to get plot summaries are just enough for me.

I just can't wait for the inevitable Guts/Griffith final showdown, but Miura never seems like he's going to end the drat thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This is genuinely exciting. Berserk is my favorite series, and I don't really watch anything anymore, so it's nice to have something to look forward to.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I watched the first two movies over the weekend and was pretty pleased. Of course, they're both going to pale in comparison to when the Eclipse actually happens. When I first saw the 90s series, I had no idea that the series was going to have such a sudden and violent tonal shift. It will be interesting to see how graphic/crazy the movie gets.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Is the consensus that we're getting a 4th film or a new TV series?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Maybe if Idolmaster didn't exist, we'd get more chapters.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Sazabi posted:

Any other property and I might care what it looks like. But it's Berserk. So even if they did sock puppets I would still be pumped.
Same. Everyone is complaining about CGI, I am just happy to move past the goddamn Eclipse for the first time in 30 years. (in animated form)

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

dogsicle posted:

the answer is always to re-read the manga while playing the anime ost as background music.

e: hell, the movie osts have some good tracks too.
ADTRW's background music at all times: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73WWpKyuWL4

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Berserk is now Westworld

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It could be total poo poo but I'd still watch it because its more Berserk. I'm about half way in and I don't think it's terrible.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's really awful as someone who knows what's going on to try and parse that they've slotted in a Schierke knowing Griffith is bad thing immediately, as well as combining Isidro and Puck's introductions as well as combining Jill and Colette while still removing the Lost Children entirely.

I don't know what we gain by having Isidro introduced so early or why they couldn't have just summed up Lost Children/The Count real quick to explain how Guts got his Behelit in this episode and just gone ahead with Conviction next week. This is supposedly scheduled for 24 episodes, so how poorly dragged out is it going to be from here if we're already at Farnese? Are they going to do Millennium Falcon too?

I appreciate that they're trying to make the Dragonslayer come across as the pure slab of iron that it is but I'm not sure that the hollow sounding clangs they went for are at all fitting. I think it really ought to sound "booming". The voice acting's pretty on point overall and OST is pretty good too, some of the slower and more purposefully detailed CGI slots give a really, really good Miura impression but then it just shits on all of that. Guts' walk cycle looks like a PS2 era game, it's just straight bad animation.

All said and done though, I'm in it for better (lol) and worse (yep) because it's Berserk.
The most positive thing I had to say about the episode involved how the Dragonslayer sounded. I thought it was great. :shobon:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I don't know if this is the role or job of the new adaptation - but if you hadn't been familiar with the manga or previous movies/anime - you'd have no fuckin idea what's going on.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Let's all laugh together http://kotaku.com/the-new-berserk-anime-already-outshines-the-90s-origina-1782990737

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

They announced an Idol master VR game. RIP Berserk.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Khagan posted:

For a moment there I thought Episode 3 cut straight to the Kushan invasion.
..Didn't they?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The 90s anime was great and I would be hard pressed to find much complaint with it. Unless you feel they did it injustice by keeping the supernatural poo poo to a minimum until that great 'reveal' at the finale episodes.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I've always questioned what the God Hand's ultimate plan is. The barrier between worlds has been destroyed so now what? Eventually gonna run out of humans to eat / corrupt into apostles. Unless they're just hedonistic and don't care about anything. If Guts ends up killing Griffith, how does that fix how hosed up the world is now - especially if Griffith is the one protecting humanity from the worst monsters.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

You see this thing? It's a behelit. I've tried to make scrambled behelit before, but I just can't crack the thing.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Here's another translation from Skullknight: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=15084.msg242488#msg242488

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Griffith, not content to be King of Falconia, wants to wreck the rest of the world so they all need to congregate in his kingdom to make him the unified King of the world.

Makes sense with his ambition, but he probably won't be satisfied after that. I'm just comparing him to the arsonist fireman at this point - making poo poo worse so he can be the savior.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Guts: the lost JoJo

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's Berserk for better or worse. Mainly animation worse.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

We are all dragging a coffin of the new anime series and inside is the torn pages of the Manga

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

My entire character arc is getting that szechuan sauce, guts
I got rid of the band of the hawk and the king because they got in my way
I'm the patriarchal figure in Midland now guts
I couldn't come back without your dead baby or casca would never accept me

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Guts still needs his ultimate power before defeating Griffith. If it's giving in to the berserker armor or setting it aside and believing in the power of friendship and love.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The combination of Skull Knight's super cool sword and the death of cloud man ended up tearing down the wall that separated the physical world and the fantastical. All sorts of monsters and demons were able to exist in the real world.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

There's probably still something that has to happen before the God Hand can fully manifest in the real world. Although I'm not sure why Griffith would want that to happen beyond being Femto.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

"We'll fix it in post," CG Berserk 2016/17.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Winter, Nuclear

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Behelit, Forces or bust

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The world will get worse once Falconia isn't enough for Griffith. Maybe another slight from Guts or a rejection from able minded Casca.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Law Cheetah posted:

miura is obviously griffith

He obviously used and sacrificed his IRL friends to help create his magnum plus.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Hiatus ends on the 22nd.

Everybody wake up and get ready

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Eclipse

~ 22 years later ~

Casca: Hey what I miss

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Griffith: u up?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I hope it means this is going to end soon and we are all freed

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Oh no. Guts is the bad guy

Hiatus once more!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I can't believe Casca's first words were, "Berserk is on hiatus again"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The whole thing is going to end with Guts giving Griffith a big hug and saying I forgive you.

The idea of evil will explode into nothingness.