Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
Here’s a video of my half lame one eyed rabbit still trying to rush over to me so I can pet her head

https://youtu.be/y_B6fMt86K8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Poor baby

She’s perfect in her own way

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

I.... Where do you get a rabbit wheelchair?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hug your house bunnies, everyone.

RIP Cosmo 2009 - 2020 :smith:

I don't really post here much, but I just wanted to say thanks for all the good info over the years.

Stuff we learned in this thread helped Cosmo live a long and happy life :gbsmith:

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Sorry for your loss, that's a real cute bun there :(

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Sorry Ehud, I'll give Broussette a hug for you when I come home. I mean, another hug.
I went through your post history to find more pictures of that cutie (no luck unfortunately) and it's obvious you took really good care of your bun, so props to you for that. Most bunnies don't get that luck unfortunately.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

That reminds me I took a cute video the other day, this is often the first thing I do when I wake up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPghTPVtF0k

(sorry, portrait mode I know!)

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
My rabbit has stopped walking entirely and won’t even stand up anymore. I have no idea what to do.

Silverfish
May 23, 2005
graaaaaaaagh

Deadite posted:

My rabbit has stopped walking entirely and won’t even stand up anymore. I have no idea what to do.

What does the vet say?

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
The vet just says it’s muscle loss and arthritis due to being elderly. We have an appointment next week for x-rays. She’s still eating and drinking and gets excited for treats, I just have to move her around otherwise she will stay in the same spot forever. It’s worrying that she isn’t changing position at all while I am asleep.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

My friend's buns are fully bonded. I love this picture so much! Nutmeg is clearly top bunny.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
Rabbit died. RIP bunny, you’re licking the furniture in heaven now. 2010(?)-2020

She was a stray in a park in Boston and brought to a shelter where we adopted her. Hope we gave her a good life.

Silverfish
May 23, 2005
graaaaaaaagh

Deadite posted:

Rabbit died. RIP bunny, you’re licking the furniture in heaven now. 2010(?)-2020

She was a stray in a park in Boston and brought to a shelter where we adopted her. Hope we gave her a good life.

Aw I'm so sorry. It looks like she had a great life with you.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Deadite posted:

Ten years? That's a great run, and definitely a sign that you took great care of bunbun. Don't beat yourself up - it looks like you did pretty good to me.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Yes, I didn't know what to say, but it sounds like she had a good run. I hope I get 10 years with my next rabbits.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

That reminds me I took a cute video the other day, this is often the first thing I do when I wake up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPghTPVtF0k

(sorry, portrait mode I know!)

It's amazing to me when rabbits are that calm when you do that, Ajax is a bat out of hell the second I put food near my bed. I'll have to take a video later.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Deadite posted:

I'm sorry about your bunny :smith:

It's been really hard losing our bunny this week. I keep thinking, "oh I gotta go feed Cosmo" and then I remember and feel awful again.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
switching from Oxbow to Small Pet Select hay is the best thing I've done for my rabbit in ages. she LOVES this stuff and has gone from 50% pellets 30% greens 20% hay to 60% hay 20% pellets 20% greens

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

The Walrus posted:

switching from Oxbow to Small Pet Select hay is the best thing I've done for my rabbit in ages. she LOVES this stuff and has gone from 50% pellets 30% greens 20% hay to 60% hay 20% pellets 20% greens

Mine get a quarter cup of pellets in the morning, a handful of greens in the evening, and unlimited hay.

I get my hay locally, it's fresh and loving amazing quality and really reasonably priced. Less than $30 for a 50-pound bale. See if you have any farm supply stores nearby; even Tractor Supply has Standlee compressed bales for like $20 for a 50-pound bale - though the quality has gone to poo poo of late.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

"Hi, Daddy! I'm a cute rex-lionhead mix and you should love me even though I make it a point to pee UNDER my litterbox instead of in it!"

See? I'm even letting your tiny human monster pet me!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I don't know how they manage to do that.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Lil just sometimes misjudges where her butt is and pees off the edge of the litterbox, which then I think runs down the side and under it. It pisses me off but luckily it doesn't happen that often.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

RichterIX posted:

Lil just sometimes misjudges where her butt is and pees off the edge of the litterbox, which then I think runs down the side and under it. It pisses me off but luckily it doesn't happen that often.

They make litterboxes with tall sides for this

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Electric Bugaloo posted:

They make litterboxes with tall sides for this

We used to have one and it did help with this, but she had a tendency to perch on the edge of it which would sometimes cause it to flip. I'll take the very occasional pee cleanup over pee-soaked paper catapulted out of her pen.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

RichterIX posted:

All of my rabbits have done this

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

RichterIX posted:

We used to have one and it did help with this, but she had a tendency to perch on the edge of it which would sometimes cause it to flip. I'll take the very occasional pee cleanup over pee-soaked paper catapulted out of her pen.

That’s why you also punch two holes in it and wire it to the side of the cage, duh. Why no, this totally never happened to me a bunch too why do you ask?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
cleo was Top Bun on reddit the other day and I forgot to post her here. its pretty loving cute, so cute I won't even bother reuploading it to youtube and will shamefully just relink the reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/Rabbits/comments/f7ux7l/cleo_crashes_hard_and_then_immediately_starts/

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Walrus posted:

cleo was Top Bun on reddit the other day and I forgot to post her here. its pretty loving cute, so cute I won't even bother reuploading it to youtube and will shamefully just relink the reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/Rabbits/comments/f7ux7l/cleo_crashes_hard_and_then_immediately_starts/
This is such a cute rear end rabbit

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://i.imgur.com/Ezvh98C.mp4

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
when a rabbit with only one hind leg still manages to flick her heel at you it is simultaneously impressive while still stinging even harder than a regular heel flick.

IM SORRY I FORGOT TO GET MORE KALE

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

The Walrus posted:

when a rabbit with only one hind leg still manages to flick her heel at you it is simultaneously impressive while still stinging even harder than a regular heel flick.

IM SORRY I FORGOT TO GET MORE KALE

You're history's greatest monster

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I finally managed to capture video of what Ajax does when I shake his treats at him.

This will continue until the end of time unless I just give him the banana, he does not tire and he does not forget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys3ibiK2_Qo

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

We rearranged the house this weekend. As previously said, we have about a dozen rabbits left from October of '18.

As it stood, we had 2 cages on either side of the entertainment center, 4 in the dining room, and 4 behind the couch. After getting our new couch on Saturday, we decided we wanted our loving living room back.

So now, as I work at the dining room table, I have my back to 4 additional cages. I can feel big bunny eyes on me, including Jobie's New Zealand red eyes :tinfoil: At least we have our living room back, but drat if I'm not loving sick of nasty bedding, hay and pooballs all over the loving house, and being petrified every morning of waking up to another random Penny-esque death/near-death bunny.

We have a couple of local rescues willing to help out but they don't have space right now; they're our first choice because they vet prospective adopters. It's a lot for anyone to do this. I'm sorry to vent...but it's really loving frustrating and nasty and I don't want to know how many thousands we've put into these loving rabbits over the last year and a half. I love them all so loving much but I'm almost considering letting the Humane Society take a few, even if it means not knowing what happens.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I was going to plug Bunfest again by way of all the pictures I took at the shelter last weekend. But I just lost one of my pet chickens and don't have the energy. I'm still really looking forward to it!

We filled a trailer full of bunny playhouses and swag last weekend. I was also happy to learn several bunnies were adopted out over the past couple weeks!

https://midatlanticbunfest.com/

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I should have taken this shot of Bert and Ernie after I put up the new lighting panels.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

Those are some pissed-off-looking lops. What'd you do, steal their poops?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
They do that every time we clean their pen.

This guy gets it:

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

All right, weird question. Every time I leave a towel on the bathroom floor, Sidney immediately abandons his litterbox and uses that towel exclusively. Is there a reason he might be doing that? It's warm in the bathroom, could that make a difference? Is there something about terrycloth that makes a bunny go "this is for pooping and peeing on and nothing else"?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Confirming my bun also hates having her tiny dragon horde of poops infringed upon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Remora posted:

All right, weird question. Every time I leave a towel on the bathroom floor, Sidney immediately abandons his litterbox and uses that towel exclusively. Is there a reason he might be doing that? It's warm in the bathroom, could that make a difference? Is there something about terrycloth that makes a bunny go "this is for pooping and peeing on and nothing else"?

Did Sidney have a previous human maybe litter train him on an old towel? Or put an old towel under his litter box?

Alternatively: Does he have a history of marking and claiming stuff as “his”? Rabbits often choose to poop and pee on stuff/locations they want to scent mark and claim. If you’ve ever bonded rabbits then you know that making the enclosure adequately smell like “home” to both of them is crucial, and it’s also a big part of dominance behavior.

If he’s allowed to free roam there’s probably tons of furniture around the house that smells like you and other humans. When he sees a novel piece of “furniture” hit the ground that smells like your body, and that he can stand over, he races over to stake a claim. He’s trying to dominate you. He probably wishes he could poop all over your sofa and bed....if only he could just get up there. Congratulations.

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Mar 11, 2020