Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

RFC2324 posted:

Its more solid/better coloration.

ah darn, here I was hoping it made it taste better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Ok Comboomer posted:

They seem to like it roughly the same, but the shelter did keep bales of orchard for some bunnies that didn't like timothy and were too old for alfalfa

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Ok Comboomer posted:

Dude, Cocoa Puffs aren't expensive.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
i hope all gardeners are using their poop for fertilizer btw, it's so good.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I feel bad every time I throw a black garbage bag in the dumpster, but apartment living means no garden.

I keep thinking about finding someone to take it, maybe on that Facebook neighborhood thing lol

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I have a backyard and some gardening projects and we still get more rabbit poop than we can use.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

I just let the bunnies poop while they are out in the garden anyways. That fertilizes it easily too

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Aren't you worried about rhvd2? I know around here they say letting them out at all is questionable, even if vaxxed

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

Aren't you worried about rhvd2? I know around here they say letting them out at all is questionable, even if vaxxed

I have a sheltered backyard which has been sealed to avoid any wild rabbits getting in and we watch rhe buns closely. Have talked it over wirh my vet as well. We only take them outside for an hour a day when it's nice out

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Kick rear end, I'm glad your buns are getting out 🥰

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

I have a sheltered backyard which has been sealed to avoid any wild rabbits getting in and we watch rhe buns closely. Have talked it over wirh my vet as well. We only take them outside for an hour a day when it's nice out

lol, I live in cottontail ground zero, they destroy all of my plants except for the euphorbias which bleed caustic sap, so now I have extra euphorbia propagates as guard plants around my satsuki azaleas, etc.

The hungry fuckers even climb stairs

I would never be able to bring my group outside

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
That is one chunky Dutchie, I love it.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Hieronymous you little poo poo! Don't escape your cage, chew my work iPhone charger in 4 pieces, run into my bedroom, jump on the bed and pee on my pillow!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Looks like they've been caught. What were they up to?!

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Nothing, he was just eating some lettuce and then sttod there looking like a big doofus.

I like that he's been coming up on the couch more often.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

My bunnies won't/can't climb up on my sofa and it makes me sad. I need to figure out a ramp or staircase or something for Delilah.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
I have one rabbit who won't jump up on anything, and another that loves to climb up on everything. But the one that likes to climb won't step off of the carpet, and the one that won't climb doesn't care about tile/hardwood floors. So each one goes somewhere the other won't.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Delilah wants on the couch(because she thinks she can get more grapes there) but is just too big to jump, while being barely too small to pull herself up. Poor giant bunny

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
When we had a tiny apartment ours got on the couch all the time, but now that she has a lot more room she isn't nearly as interested, which makes me sad

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
Getting two rabbits to look in the same direction is harder than it seems. I have no idea how pet photographers do it

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Has anyone else seen this? I tried it on my bun but didn't really see an extendo-tail, plus he hates having his butt touched lol.

https://twitter.com/Nameless_Coyote/status/1456755007060054020

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
My sister sent me that the other day. I tried it and didn’t get a lot of length out of ajax so that’s either fake or somehow breed specific

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Thumbtacks posted:

My sister sent me that the other day. I tried it and didn’t get a lot of length out of ajax so that’s either fake or somehow breed specific

I would never try to pull her tail, but Delilah has a good 4in of tail at the very least when she stretches.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
so I just got home and at some point during the day when I wasn’t in the smoke detector nearest the bun zone started going nonstop (maybe it needed testing, maybe it needs a new backup battery, maybe it’s just malfunctioning).

I have no idea how long it went off for but the poor things are loving terrified :ohdear:

when I came in they were alternating between cowering and running into the sides of their pen looking for an escape. It’s been like half an hour since I stopped the devil sounds and the two hotot/English spot brothers (oh I never told y’all that the four females ended up being three boys and a girl once their gonads fully dropped, did I. Not exactly a strong showing from the breeder there) are still refusing treats. And they never refuse treats.

At least the dutches seem to have gotten over it and are attacking some food with their normal gusto now.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Ok Comboomer posted:

so I just got home and at some point during the day when I wasn’t in the smoke detector nearest the bun zone started going nonstop (maybe it needed testing, maybe it needs a new backup battery, maybe it’s just malfunctioning).

I have no idea how long it went off for but the poor things are loving terrified :ohdear:

when I came in they were alternating between cowering and running into the sides of their pen looking for an escape. It’s been like half an hour since I stopped the devil sounds and the two hotot/English spot brothers (oh I never told y’all that the four females ended up being three boys and a girl once their gonads fully dropped, did I. Not exactly a strong showing from the breeder there) are still refusing treats. And they never refuse treats.

At least the dutches seem to have gotten over it and are attacking some food with their normal gusto now.

This happened to me once because we live in an apartment and our neighbors apparently had a huge fight while we were out and were slamming poo poo around and screaming, we thought Lillian was in stasis but she was just in abject terror because of all the noise.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Are you rabbit poop gardeners just sifting stuff out of the pelletized litter or what? We've tried composting it but the cob pellets just take forever to go away.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Chieves posted:

Are you rabbit poop gardeners just sifting stuff out of the pelletized litter or what? We've tried composting it but the cob pellets just take forever to go away.

I make tea in a big 5 gal bucket w/ lid in the back yard. Then you can sift it or just scoop off the liquid. But also I use paper and paper pellet ATM so it tends to break down given enough time.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Ugh, everybody is chill now except for Roast Beef. He’s been cowering the whole night and I’ve tried a bunch of tricks to coax him out. He’ll bolt out of his corner if you try to move him and if you leave treats near him and go away for a while he’ll disappear them, but I think he still pretty clearly connects my sudden arrival this afternoon to the horrible beeps.

He’s always been the shyest of the four by a notable margin, followed by his brother, but he was making such progress of late and really blossoming into quite the funbun :(

hopefully he calms down over the next day or so

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

they decided to roof my apartment today and my kids are flipping their poo poo, just running around the house looking for escape :smith:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Can you move them anywhere with less noise, or give them some music that partially drowns out the sound without being just as upsetting?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Halloween Jack posted:

Can you move them anywhere with less noise, or give them some music that partially drowns out the sound without being just as upsetting?

not really. I've been sitting in here with them, and they have started to write it off as just more random noises, but the first hour or two was super upsetting to them. They aren't happy, but they are eating and drinking so I'm not too worried

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

not really. I've been sitting in here with them, and they have started to write it off as just more random noises, but the first hour or two was super upsetting to them. They aren't happy, but they are eating and drinking so I'm not too worried

My old trio got used to road construction noise outside my apartment really quickly. It got to a point where one of them would thump a bit at the jackhammer at the start of the construction day but otherwise they’d chill.

This current quad still gets weirded out if the A/C fan isn’t running nonstop.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Ok Comboomer posted:

My old trio got used to road construction noise outside my apartment really quickly. It got to a point where one of them would thump a bit at the jackhammer at the start of the construction day but otherwise they’d chill.

This current quad still gets weirded out if the A/C fan isn’t running nonstop.

I sometimes forget that mine lived in a shelter, so are used to alot

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

I sometimes forget that mine lived in a shelter, so are used to alot

there’s a lot of old wives tales about rabs and their tolerances that get perpetuated online, even on relatively knowledgeable sites

like if rabbits were as stupid or as comically sensitive to stress as people make them out to be then they’d have never evolved, we’d have never domesticated them, etc

like the whole thing about rabbits forgetting their bondmates after a brief separation. It’s like—oh word? Does that mean that your rabbit forgets who you are every time you leave the house too? Like if you don’t see him for a whole workday, or a trip to the supermarket, or even a weekend trip....

Like obviously I’m not suggesting that anybody should ever be flip or laissez-faire about their animals’ comfort or mental well-being. But the way people talk about it sometimes is like “RIP Blueberry, heard somebody doing yardwork outside and went into stasis” “RIP Bananas, we tried to watch DUNE with the speakers turned up and he died of fright” “RIP Dandelion, the landlord came in to fix the bathroom and she never touched food again”

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
One good thing about rabbits is that with my HVAC out, I have to keep the parrots warm but the bunnies couldn't care less.

Can't let them run around downstairs while the wood stove is in use, though.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Ok Comboomer posted:

there’s a lot of old wives tales about rabs and their tolerances that get perpetuated online, even on relatively knowledgeable sites

like if rabbits were as stupid or as comically sensitive to stress as people make them out to be then they’d have never evolved, we’d have never domesticated them, etc

like the whole thing about rabbits forgetting their bondmates after a brief separation. It’s like—oh word? Does that mean that your rabbit forgets who you are every time you leave the house too? Like if you don’t see him for a whole workday, or a trip to the supermarket, or even a weekend trip....

Like obviously I’m not suggesting that anybody should ever be flip or laissez-faire about their animals’ comfort or mental well-being. But the way people talk about it sometimes is like “RIP Blueberry, heard somebody doing yardwork outside and went into stasis” “RIP Bananas, we tried to watch DUNE with the speakers turned up and he died of fright” “RIP Dandelion, the landlord came in to fix the bathroom and she never touched food again”

I just want mine to be happy, so I try to keep things chill. That leaves me a little neurotic about keeping it chill because of brainworms lol

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Things my rabbits were able to get used to:
-Car alarms
-Fire alarms
-Smoke detector
-Loud music
-Road construction
-Barking dogs
-Loud children

Things my rabbits never got used to:
-Squirrels

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
The new smoke detectors went off when I installed them the other day (they automatically run a test cycle) and strangely, they didn't seem bothered by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i found a shop on etsy that makes little cross stitch designs and i wanted to get my wife one for christmas since she's decorating her office anyway and has a lot of different art mediums in there, but no cross stitches. i found one that specializes in pictures and absolutely foul text, which is perfect. im thinking i get one of ajax and some text under it and i have no idea what text to put. most of our conversations about him revolve around what an rear end in a top hat he is and the idea of just making it say like "rear end in a top hat" with little sparkles and a heart and this picture is very funny to me

but part of me wonders if i should pick some better text, or perhaps something longer. "destroyer of cables", "capable of war crimes", etc.