Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Bathroom
Dec 18, 2006

Master cylinder pants!
I have a rabbit which is named Hooch. Based on the Scrubs character because I like to say "Hooch is crazy!" when she gets up to her shenanigans. Video 1 and video 2. And a picture for good measure:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Bathroom
Dec 18, 2006

Master cylinder pants!
Well I'm moving my questions here from an independent thread because I was stupid enough to open one.

So I have a rabbit. I named her Hooch! Let's take a look at pictures.

Here's a picture of Hooch being a lazy sack of bones and fluff.

Eatin' some sweet greens.

Looking about.

She's 1 1/2. She is not fixed, mainly because she's an absolute sweetheart and I don't want her to change. She is very curious but pretty laid back about most things. I live in a house with 4 other guys, so theres a lot of people and guests and stuff, so its cool that she's not shy. She doesn't mind being picked up too much (as long as you're nice about it) and is a complete suck for attention. Loves her ears to be rubbed.

So some minor questions:

Firstly, my rabbit loves my bed. I wouldn't mind normally if she hung out on it as long as it's made, but experience has taught me that if she is given the chance, she will poo poo and pee all over it (or has in the past, hasn't happened in a long time but I haven't chanced it). She's pretty well litter trained (pees in her cage, doesn't poop much out of it either), but given the chance she's been known to go to town on my bed. I've read on one obscure page that she might find it comforting since it smells like me or something, but I don't know. She knows she's not allowed on it now but will sneak on if I'm not watching. Basically, it keeps me from trusting in my room alone, because other than that she's good.

The other thing is she likes to dig and rip. That's fine with me for the most part, I give her a full cage to dig in (with taller walls I added) and I build her box forts she can live in/on/tear apart and keep a phonebook in her cage to dismantle. However, outside of the cage she can rip up boxes that aren't "hers" or might try to dig up the carpet on occation. Just curious as to whether people with rabbits of similar habits know any other ways to keep her entertained. I've made her tunnels out of pop can boxes and she likes that too... but suggestions are welcome. Basically, most toys she don't care about at all.

That's it really. I'm trying to improve her litter training at the moment. I live with 4 other guys in a student house so it's rather tricky. I'm trying to slowly build up her territory... hallway (where the cage is), my room, the stairs (which she loves to run up and down) and now the living room downstairs.

I don't have a picture of the current set up, I literally just finished it. Basically, I had one of those pan and wire deals that pet stores sell. But I felt bad because she'd be stuck in it while I'm at school, so I built an addition. I put down a plywood board covered with an old towel and built a new level on top of the cage with a lid using wire cubes. I also cut off a section of bars from the side so she can walk in and out freely (which was the problem when I tried the addition before, I'd have to take her out manually). So now I can just unlock the front door and she goes freely. I will try to take a picture of her lounging in the afternoon sun on the new level.

Dr. Bathroom fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Feb 22, 2008