Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

What fun is a project if it doesn't at least slightly ruin your life?
Here's my Mini-Rex Annie:

She likes my yard a lot, but it's getting harder to catch her as she gets more familiar with it :)

I rescued her from a shelter about 3 months ago, she's my first bunny and I'm still getting used to it. Shes about 11 months old I think, the shelter only had a rough date though. If anyone has any tips for a first timer, I'd love to hear them. By the way, those cube cages look awesome, I'll have to build her one.

Edit: after seeing all your bunnies running around the house, I thought: "Well she seems trained to use her litter box in her cage really well" so I let her roam around the living room, annnnnd she pooped a truckload behind my dad's computer. :(

Deceptor101 fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jul 22, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

Update! Annie now has a cube cage! I still have to get the wood bar to keep the upper floors from flexing and find some good carpet scraps. As you can see I gave it a chicken wire top, mostly for fun, but that way she can stand up fully on every floor.

Oh and she had a bit of a run in with a cat today while in the yard =(. The cat must have hopped our fence and I just saw her bolting towards me with the cat close behind. Needless to say, I scared the hell out of that cat, but she broke a nail getting away and it was bleeding a bit. Going to the vet tomorrow to make sure everything is ok. She was a bit shocked but she seems to be getting back to normal.

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

Moraine Sedai posted:

Two things to help prevent this: 1) Always check the yard before putting bun down for play and 2) if your yard is too large to really keep a good eye while she's out, block some of it off and let her just explore a safe area. You could whip something up pretty inexpensively that is also collapsible so you can put it off to the side when not in use if you like. :) Plus if you do this, it's easier to catch her again. ;)

Another thing you can try when you need to catch her is to have her favorite treat ready and bribe her to come to you. :P

Well, I have all routes of escape blocked off in the yard with patches of chicken wire, and I really had checked out the yard, but cats can climb 6 ft fences :(. I was thinking about a pen, but she seems to really enjoy the different levels and hiding places that the whole yard gives her. I've taken her out about 40 times and this is the first cat, so we'll see. Or I can just kill the cat, I mean, umm.... pet it.... yeah :-p. I've actually got a small pen, but it's only 6 feet in diameter and she really loves sprinting.

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

Moraine Sedai posted:

Oh! I didn't mean to imply you don't check your yard. I just know sometimes we all get a little lazy or in a hurry and don't always double check things.

As to ridding yourself of the darling feline who only wanted to be fwiends wif your bunbun (yeah right) instead of "petting" him, you can look into some deterrents. Someone mentioned mothballs in a thread a while back to keep strays away from their house. Since I'm assuming your yard is fenced in, perhaps if you drop some mothballs around the outside of your fence (where bun can't get to them, but the smell should deter the cat) and see if that does the trick.

That or put a lawn chair out in the middle of the yard and have a squirt gun or even a garden hose ready and if the little sneak pops a head over the fence, hose it down. :P

Those are some pretty good ideas, I generally keep a closer eye on her, but it's a pretty sizeable yeard, and the more familiar she's gotten with it, the more hiding places she knows about and the faster she moves through it. Oh and her run in with the cat cost me a sizable amount of dough. It was also her first trip to the vet so I had other stuff done but General Health Checkup+Fecal Centrifuge exam(supposedly once a year)+Bandage+antibacterial medicine= Me feeling like I dropped the soap in prison (~140$). I'll have to take her in a few more times to get the bandage redone until the nail grows back too. *sigh*

Also I remember somebody expressing a wish that they were handy enough to make a cube cage for their bun, so while I was making mine the other day, I took pictures of each step and hopefully it'll help those that aren't inheirently as handy. Check it out: http://playingwithmadness.com/blog/?p=49

Deceptor101 fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jul 24, 2007

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

girlscoutdropout posted:

My website is nearly complete. Go check it out!

https://www.therabbitresource.com

very very nice, simple, to the point, bravo! mine is just simple blogframework
I HAVE BEEN UPSTAGED~!
Seriously though, I read some things that I really needed to know, such as water bowl vs bottle, never read that anywhere else before. Out of curiosity, whats the specific reason to not use the drop treats? I used them when I had rats and naturally thought "why not?" for the bun.

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

vagina rodeo posted:

You mentioned using dowels to support the second and third story of the cage. How are the dowels going to be placed?

Check it out, I just put my dowels in today and updated the guide on my site:
http://playingwithmadness.com/blog/?p=49
The carpet will go in tomorrow, as will the bun (hopefully!) I'll update it with pictures then too. My email is in the post if you have any more questions. =)

By the way Girlscoutdropout, feel free to link to my page for your cube cage thing until you get your own pictures up.

Deceptor101 fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jul 25, 2007

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

Annie's toe nail got infected :(. She seems to be treating it more gingerly, and they had me up the antibiotics to 1.5ml twice a day. She also seems to be a bit more anti social. I never had a problem with her peeing on me before but since her injury she's peed on me twice. Is this just her being fussy because she's in a bit of pain? I'm about to get an apartment and the pickings are slim. Hopefully I won't get a place that says "no pets" but if I do, has anyone had any luck convincing their landlord the bun is way better than a cat/dog?

By the way, if anyone ever has any trouble getting their bun to take medicine (Annie refuses to take it any way from the syringe) you can use it as salad dressing! Hopefully her toe heals soon, my account can't take many more vet visits. (~270$ in 2 weeks)

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

Windy posted:

Actually, a lot of no-pet apartments will allow caged pets(in my experience anyway), you just have to call and ask about the guidelines. I've had ferrets in an apartment and never paid a pet deposit because they were caged. Not my fault the landlord never asked about what percent of the time the ferrets stayed in the cage ;)

that's what I've been hoping, she's theoretically caged, and whenever the landlord comes over she will be :)

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

I'm so sad to hear about pickle :(
I have a question for all you other house rabbit people: Whenever I have Annie in my lap and we're just chilling, she is always nibbling at my shirt. Its not hard enough to break the fabric but it hurts if I'm not wearing a sweatshirt. It's just constant nibbling. Look, nibble, look, nibble, sometimes she'll look up at me for like 20 seconds, then go back down and nibble. She can't be hungry (well too hungry, she is on a diet though). My only idea is that she's a bit antsy. Because of her toe she's not allowed outside, and until I move into my new place shes not allowed to free roam. So she's pretty cooped up and I guess my lap isn't doing it for her. It's taken a while to finalize her cube cage, but tomorrow it should be fully operational, so at least she'll get more exercise in there. Anyone have any tips until I move? (or perhaps another diagnosis of this nibbling?)

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

so, due to some added restrictions by my dad (probably a safe idea anyways) I juuust finished her awesome cube cage.

Once I move in about a week or so, then I can start looking into getting annie a new friend. I can tell she already loves the cage, she races around it!

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

girlscoutdropout posted:

Aww she looks so happy!

yeah she keeps doing her happy dance while racing around the cage!

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

So a friend of mine just sent me this absolutely adorable video, some of you may have seen it, if not, you really really have to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7a3ByQjDY4
it just makes me smile so much!

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

So I've been trying out new veggies with Annie recently and I found that she hates cucumber and collard greens (will not eat a single bite of it) and loves kale, however I just read on the HRS website that kale is one of the veggies to be used sparingly. Is there any more specific data on HOW sparingly? Like once a week? Not at all if you can help it? I suppose it probably depends on how your rabbit reacts to the goitrogens huh?
I've been thinking about getting her a buddy, but I'm moving to a new place next Saturday and my guess is that getting a new friend now, then moving him/her within a few days of it getting used to it's current situation would be bad, but also, moving Annie, then getting her a new friend might be a bit much for her too. So I'm thinking waiting about a week after moving. This sound reasonable to everyone else? I'm definitely hoping for a "love-at-first-sight" bonding experience. There's a city-owned shelter nearby with about 15 rabbits, and it's cheaper than the HRS adoption fee :).

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

KingColliwog posted:

Hey I have a couple of questions for you bunny fanatics!

Are bunny noisy? I suppose they just can't be but hey it's always better to ask.

Are they smelly? That's one of the reason I never considered bunnies. For some reason I think they must be smelly (they probably aren't though if you clean their cages well)

Are they bad for people with allergies (I guess they must be since I've never heard about hypo-allergic bunnies)

How much money do you think you spend on your house bunny each month on average?

sorry if my questions are stupid.

Bunnies themselves dont make noise, but if they're in a playful mood they'll bump things, rip up paper, that sort of thing. They definitely don't have a bark or anything of that nature

Their urine smells quite a lot, their feces hardly if at all. They themselves again are hardly smelly. If you have a bun, and use a good litter in their cage, generally the only thing you'll smell is hay.

If you're allergic in the least to rabbits, they're awful for your allergies. Cats lick themselves and then the saliva dries and gets into the air, bunnies do that, except apparently it's much worse. If you're allergic to buns, there's no way you'll be able to live with one.

And as posted above me, after the initial costs, they're really quite cheap. Find a good local grocery store and a pet store with cheap toys and it won't be a huge dent to your wallet (unless you make frequent trips to the vet)

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

sgocity posted:

For all those that created your own cages out of the cubes...

How do you make a door that you conveniently open and close (securely)? They look cool, but I don't get how this would work.

The way I did it was just have zip ties on the left or right side, depending on how you want it to open, then have something (i use a small carabeiner) which can be repeatedly used over and over to latch the other side together. Make sure you have the cage set up so that you don't need that vertical structural stability and other than that, it's fairly simple!

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

I've let Annie run around in my room for hours at a time now (shh, don't tell my dad) and once she's fully explored for the evening she likes lying down in my laundry like so

it's quite cute, but some part of me wants to worry, I don't know why =/

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

Well I finally got moved in and internets running, and Annie is LOVING the new environment. I have her running free whenever I'm in the room. The old room she was in was a bamboo floor and this new one is carpet so she'll occasionally show off her new traction and jet around. After reading Sgocity's story I am so thankful sh is how she is too. The only thing she seems to tear up are newspapers and the occasional shirt i've left out for her. She doesn't seem interested in my electrical cords at all(and shes had plenty of opportunity to). Frankly she seems to be adjusting to her new home quite well and I'm wondering if I could get her a friend sooner than the recommended month? Oh and just because it's the current subject, she came spayed and was free (normally 5$ but I volunteer at the shelter so she was free).

I also happen to be amazingly lucky and my friend works in a vet clinic and if he registers her as "his" bunny, he'll get 90% OFF of all work done. All in all, things are finally working out in bun-world for me. Now to just find an equally cool buddy for Annie :D

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

Aww I hope those buns find a home! By the way, has anyone really ever noticed their bun sleeping? Do they just take quick bun-naps while we're out of the room? Annie makes noise while I'm sleeping so I assume it's not then, but on my off-work days she seems to be up all day. When do buns generally sleep?

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

girlscoutdropout posted:

I want those enormous bunnies!

are you sure? just imagine if they weren't litterbox trained. Thats a LOT of bun poo. Just sayin....

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

So Annie refused to come out from under my roommates bed before I left for work. (She's now been pretty much banned from that room unless i have an hour before going anywhere) so I just made sure that her passageway to her cage couldn't close and went off to work and hoped for the best. I came home and the ONLY thing she'd chewed, was my limited edition signed comic book. WTF BUN?! Everything else was fine. Worst part was, I really wanted to be angry at her, but she's been cuter and friendlier than ever so I can't! Gah bunnies!

Update! Pictures:

(yeah I like CAD, it wasn't THAT important a limited comic)
Note the water damage from the drool, she was loving it!

and here she is being the little diva for attention that she is, with her chin as low as possible in complete bliss from the petting:

Deceptor101 fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 16, 2007

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

luscious posted:

Paterson hasn't chewed anything since we've moved back into my parents house except. Get this. A giant hole in the wall.

That's awesome. As far as Bitsy's toe goes, Annie actually had a very similar thing happen earlier this summer. If you're doing well on cash, you'll probably want to take her to the vet and maybe get some antibiotics. Although did the nail break like in half or did it break to the skin. I think it's a big difference. Annie's broke to the skin and it took a while to heal, the nail still hasn't grown back fully. (speaking of which i REALLY need to clip hers, but she doesn't trance well). Hope Bitsy is doing well :)

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

luscious posted:

it didn't break into the skin, I don't think. My uncle is a vet but doesn't treat bunnies but I'm sure that he'd be okay to look at her if he had to (how different is a cat nail then a bunny nail, right?). For now she seems okay. I bet it's still smarting since she's being sitting still. But she does that anyway. I'm keeping an eye on her but she's walking on it and isn't licking it excessively. I think she mostly scared herself, more than anything else. She didn't scream or anything so that's good. She didn't even flinch when I put the flour on it so yeah.

Sounds like it might be less severe than Annie's was, I'm sure your uncle could help you too, all they did for her was cut a bit of the hair away and clean it up and cut the nail back until it wasn't broken. So basically as long as people there know how to handle a bun without dropping her, should be fine.

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

Ok so You Are's post about the nail reminded me of my growing-more-urgent-every-day issue that at the moment I have little to no knowledge of how to clip Annie's nails. When she had her tear, they clipped them for me, but they've now grown back and I think they're really getting to her. She only trances if I hold her stomach and she comes out of it quite fast. Also I guess you could say I'm afraid of cutting them too short. She's not too good at sitting THAT still upside down. If only I could clip them when shes in her above position. Anyone have any tips? Is it possible to do without trancing? like just taking her in your lap and grabbing her paw? I know I could get them cut by the vet, but I'd like to A: save money, and B: be self-sufficient. Any tips? Annie is starting to warm up to my roommate, maybe she'd trance well with him petting and me holding and cutting? I dunno :(

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

speaking of bonding, Annie and I are going into Saveabunny tomorrow morning to start her bonding process with a (hopefully) litter trained, non destructive male bun like herself. Tomorrow is mostly speed-dating, and thursday morning we'll work on 1 on 1 stuff more. Don't worry goons, there will be pictures of the new bun the moment he gets home!

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

girlscoutdropout posted:

Even if the new bun is litter trained (and Annie) remember they both will probably lose all sight of litter habits when they are around each other until they are bonded. I've had Jack and Lucy for 3 months now and they still hop around each other's pen and poop everywhere, but anywhere else they are litter trained.

oh what love can do to you....
seriously though, poop I can handle, it's the pee I'm worried about. Ah well deal with it when it happens.

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

luscious posted:

I wish that the bunnies would come into the room that I'm sleeping in more. These last few days they haven't been but in the past I've woken up to Paterson sitting on my head, Bitsy licking my face like there's no tomorrow and perked ears and two sweet babies running to me whenever they hear me stir. I love having bunnies and I don't care what anyone says. They're the best things in the world :colbert:

also, the best thing that happened to me this week was definitely when I lay down all tired and Bitsy came and lay down back to back with me and let out her little baby sigh

Amen! Annie woke me up this morning and enjoyed some petting from me. She's sleeping over at Saveabunny right now to bond with this really cute boy named Ben (http://www.saveabunny.com/?q=node/2636) apparently things are going great, she's already grooming him! I really miss her though, my room feels so empty :(

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

luscious posted:

Bitsy wants attention right now but I don't know what she wants. What do you guys do to play with your bunnies.

I take it this is other attention than a vigorous petting of the head area? Other times I'll just playfully chase Annie around the living room, I can tell it's playing because she'll do a happy dance while running away. One thing I've noticed Annie likes (as odd as it is) is she loves to play in my hanging shorts whilst I'm putting them on, so I dunno maybe dangling some large fabric type thing over Bitsy while she dances around in it, kinda like a cat and string. Maybe my bun is just weird though =P

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

sunburnt_aphid posted:

Thank you very much for answering my questions. I will certainly adopt from a humane society, and always keep her inside. I read that a bunny can be literally scared to death by a predator, and being outside in the rain or wind, even if covered sounds lonely and boring. My bun will have a good caretaker friend in me! :)

One interesting statistic I heard which helps explain why rabbits are so on edge is that: A rabbit has so much strength in it's hind legs, that if scared enough, they can kick hard enough to break their own back. I'd be a little worried about the world if my own reflexes could kill me too. I'm off to pick up Ben and Annie, pictures upon my return!

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

girlscoutdropout posted:

Hurry! Must. Need. Cute. Bunny. Pictures.

(I'm also jealous that someone else did the bonding for you, did they say anything about what to do when you get home? Annie might get territorial once back at home, please be careful!)

Well they barely did any bonding at Save a bunny I couldn't have, what they really did that helped is put Annie through speed dating and found her a perfect match. These two have only been together since mid Wednesday and they slept together last night with no fighting! As far as the territorial thing goes, I purposefully set up a pen in the kitchen(where annie doesn't venture) that they can both hang out in. Annie doesn't seem territorial at all, she's more comfortable because I think she recognizes the smell of the house and Ben's still all new to it. With that said, PICTURES:

force snuggle (i hear it helps )

and sorry, don't know a single thing about Sugar Gliders, there's no sites out there?

*QUICK CUTE UPDATE UPDATE* I think Ben is getting more comfy!

Deceptor101 fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 28, 2007

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

amagad, buns are snuggling on their own now! I looove having two buns and I'm so happy it's going this well!

They're even forming a heart! I didn't even put em in this position, they just wanted to snuggle.
ground view:

one thing I've noticed is that Ben doesn't seem to close his eyes during bliss as much as Annie does. Gosh I love buns

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

sorry for the incessant posts, but I realize now that having a single bun is great, but having two buns, who are just so happy in each other's company that they can just sit, and be content, it's so great to see. Annie has seemed so much happier and more peaceful since we got home with Ben. I recommend it heavily to anyone who just has one bunny and has a shelter nearby that you can bring em to for speed dating.

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

girlscoutdropout posted:

Here's the next two additions to my household:

Lizzie: OOP (Out of Pouch) 8/11/07
Juliet: OOP 8/2/07

I need help naming them!

I pick them up Saturday!

(I'm suppose to be sent better pictures soon)

*I also made a whole thread about this, but had to share it on here too!*

Oh god those are cute! So I assume you found your answer about them and bunnies? I'm curious what the restrictions are.

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

a gaylord faget posted:

Anyone have any experience with bunny bald spots?
About a week ago, I was pulling loose hair from my bun (a mini rex if it matters) and a whole lot was coming out from her right butt/flank. Not at all near her butthole, but more like maybe her thigh?? I don't think it was me being overzealous with grooming because she seemed cheerful while I was doing it.

I didn't notice until later but the area is completely bald. The skin looks healthy and pink, like a chicken breast :3:

Is this part of normal molting or should I be concerned and ask the vet for more help?

Annie's a "mini"rex (we're working on the weight) and her butt area gets those kinda half-out tufts, but most of it won't really pull out, so this is not normal for rex's methinks. Definitely take her to the vet and get it checked.

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

girlscoutdropout posted:

And then the dom bites the subs face and they go at it in bunny war (at least in my household).

This makes me sad, you didn't have the luxury I had when getting my second bun, you literally rescued him, it's just too bad you have one of the really unlikely long-term bonds. Annie and Ben have been stupidly easy so far. They're already living in the same cage as of tonight! Don't lose hope though, everything I've read has told me that all rabbits are eventually bond-able, it just takes lots of patience and time, which you seem to have an admirable amount of :).

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

So I went by the animal shelter where I walk dogs (and where I found Annie) and just before leaving I think, "wonder if they have any bunnies?" So I walk over, and they have the most adorable boy mini-rex. He was almost starved to death before they found him, so hes still a bit light, but he's very cute, loves to be pet, box-trained and seemed comfortable being held. If any PI Bay Area, CA readers are looking for a bunny please go by the Berkeley Animal Care Services (http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/animalservices/) It's really not a great shelter for rabbits at all, so hurry!

Also, anyone have any real luck with name recognition? Ben doesn't respond at all, and sometimes Annie seems to, but other times there's nothing, so I'm not sure. Is it worth trying for or do they lack that cognitive ability?

Deceptor101 fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Oct 4, 2007

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

angelicism posted:

I feel terribly because I haven't been able to a) set up a bigger living area for my bunny yet (living issues; I was supposed to get a loft built in my room and it's hard getting it organized/done), b) letting her have more play time. Work has made me exhausted so I usually come home, let her out for an hour or so, and then meander my way to passing out. I assume this is nowhere near enough playtime, since she's still in a cage most of the day.

A 'playpen' area doesn't look like it's going to happen for at least a few weeks, because it has to be made post-loft (not enough room on the floor right now), and I'm too exhausted to watch her for more than an hour or two because she still hasn't gotten the hang of being litter trained. And she always pees the 2 seconds I'm not looking. :/ I figure part of it is she definitely still associates her cage as being caged, and I'll have better luck when I build her a pen area.

Is she going to get depressed in this period? This lack of time thing has been for the last week or two and I remember reading that bunnies get depressed easily, which scares me. Also, she still doesn't like any toys I've got her -- I got some of those bird toys to dangle from the ceiling of the cage for her to chew on if she likes -- so she's clearly bored all day too. I can't get her interested in anything but chewing on my pants. While they're on me. Which is really cute but shouldn't be encouraged.

Loft --> bunny pen --> litter training --> bunny friend. I hope this happens in the next some weeks.

When she's running around in the room, has she come out of her cage on her own? Or do you take her out. I noticed this had a huge effect on Annie and her peeing places she shouldn't. In her old cage I had to take her out of it, so she couldn't enter and exit freely, so her mind treated wherever she was as a "new home" and she was forced to find/make a new litterbox wherever she was. Ever since she's done all the exploring and mapped out the routes in her head, she's never done anything outside of the cage.

As far as the bored/depressed thing, I had Annie in a lovely little cage (wish I'd known better before spending 70$ on it) for at least 2 months, and her only out time was in the yard or in my lap. I could tell she was a little depressed, but my situation didn't allow me to do anything else. Once I finished the cube cage she seemed to just bound back immediately and she was so much friendlier and happier. If your time frame isn't too long,I'd say just do the best you can for now, and she should be alright. As far as toys go, since she likes pants, have you tried buying some 2$ ones from a thrift shop and seeing if she likes them despite not being on you? Cheap popular items in my house are pinecones, toilet paper/paper towel rolls, and apple twigs which I made myself. What size cage does she have right now anyways? That could make a huge difference for this transitional period.

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

So I just got back from my first vacation from my rabbits and their cage was a disaster! Apparently my roommate (who I've educated fairly well on buns) just did the basic minimum. Hay was EVERYWHERE in my room, especially along the path from the bag to the cage, the floor of the cage was also covered in hay and one of the litterboxes had been moved from the corner (oh god no) so the entire room smelled heavily of bun pee and i spent a good hour cleaning it last night. I guess they really do love that corner. One thing that's nice is they both seemed very glad to see me, although Ben is still very skittish sometimes. Annie seems to be losing some weight too,it's great to see her finally making progress. You guys have any tips for taking a vacation from your bunnies? (I won't be for a while, but it wouldn't hurt for everyone to know) I ziplocked the fresh veggies in freezer bags and labeled them so my roommate would know how much of what per day.

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

Queen of Roses posted:

Thank you SO MUCH, alcinor. You are fabulous. As soon as my guy gets home I'm showing him Sugar and Spice; I think I'm in love. :3:

For the rest of you, look at these guys: http://www.spcawake.org/site/PageServer?pagename=Adoptable_Other_Animals
They're the buns right underneath the snake picture.

ooh a mother and her kid. that's so cuuuute. They look like they have nice markings as well+added cute names.

Anyone have any tips to warm their bun up to them? Annie is wonderful but Ben is really jumpy most of the time and I can barely pet him. I give him treats and pet him while he eats and what not to try and help the situation, maybe hes just a less social bunny. Or maybe he's normal and Annie's just too social so when compared he seems less so....

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

I have a question for those of you with a bonded pair:
After the initial bonding, and they're settled in nice and good, it seems that Annie has completely stopped mounting Ben. Is her dominance asserted and she feels she doesn't need to or are they more mutually dominant? I've been noticing Ben nipping Annie in various areas and then the kinda start tussling and I break them up. They only seem to do it when they're out playing and energetic, and they still groom and snuggle in the cage. Is this just play fighting? Ben has gotten quite a few victory tufts... Am I just worrying too much? they still seem quite friendly most of the time. Annie chins Ben and I never see him chin her, so I would have to guess she's still dominant...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

So, apparently when fidgeting with the router 2 nights ago, i caused my 50 ft ethernet cord that's snaked all around the walls to balloon out from the wall. Needless to say, Annie found it, and chewed on it, and when I finished my movie last night "Local Area Network connection 2: A cable has been unplugged". Chewed in half... I may be able to save it, but thankfully I had a spare that I rewired in today. With of course a fix so that it cant get away from it's protection anymore. But christ, that's a good 50$ cord.... Bunnies sure know how to pick em...

In other news, they're adorable: