Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katisu
Jul 14, 2006

cadbury. she doesn't like the camera flash and brownie is trying to protect her from it (plus brownie's a ham for the camera). i don't have any close-ups at work. boo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katisu
Jul 14, 2006

a gaylord faget posted:

For all of you with dogs and bunnies, how did you get them to be friends? I'm moving into a new house, but if/when I get bunny she'll be the first critter in the house. Also the impending dog is a gigantic 150+ thing. Her cage will be in my room and I doubt a gate would work to stop that dog so I'd probably just leave the door closed if they fought. Will this work or will I have to be constantly vigilant about the dog terrorizing bun?

it wasn't hard to introduce our dogs. we slowly got them used to each other with the dog on a leash and the bun hopping around. we did this several times and then slowly allowed the dog to get closer, constantly petting the rabbit and saying "gentle". now, if they get too rough for her, we just have to say "gentle" and they'll settle down. brownie is now cadbury's protector and herds her around. maggie is a little more playful, so we have to keep a better eye on her. still, we never leave the room when the dogs are with the rabbit. when we're gone, the rabbit is in her cage and the dogs are in their crates in a different room and the door is shut.

candeh posted:

Trotting out my cube cage pictures for yet another bunny thread :)

last time i saw this, i was amazed. it has inspired us to make our own mutilevel cage for cadbury. we're not as crafty, so were making it out of two premade cages.

and...we're trying to adopt another bun! if the bonding does not go well, i'm sure have a million questions for everyone.

Katisu
Jul 14, 2006

you can use hay as litter, but i don't. i have my hay in a bin feeder and litter in the box. i usually use Carefresh, but picked up some Critter Litter. the new type of litter seems ok, as it is not made of clay, has no dust, and is not a clumping type. i'm still a little nervous about it because i can't find any information (good or bad) on it. she does well with it, though. i like it so far. anyone heard anything about this kind of litter?