Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Shotgun
Apr 28, 2007

Forget the hip surgery, get some rope!

ZergCow posted:

I have sent out over 50 resumes and a handfull of portfolios and have yet to hear back from anyone in any way shape or form. I want to get into game design as either a concept artist or some sort of artist in game design. my fall back is web design. any suggestions on good websites for finding jobs? Any sugestions on how to get the game companies to read my resume?

Yeah , the same thing happened to me. I'm a 3d animator/rigger and I have been sending out emails with attached resumes and webite/demo reel links to lots of companies in the area on top of 2-3 follow-ups. However, I have only heard back from one developer (Harmonix) that were nice enough to tell me they aren't looking for anyone right now.

Also, I wouldn't mind some general advice into breaking out into the 3d field (I just graduated with a degree in CG).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU