Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meta²
Sep 11, 2001

What the flip was Grandma doing at the dunes?

LOOKING FOR FULL-TIME GRAPHIC DESIGNER FOR CLOTHING
===============================================
I work at a medium sized children's clothing company based in Berkeley, CA. We are looking for graphic designers to work in photoshop/illustrator on graphic designs for t-shirts, and to adjust patterns. Email me at sweetpotatoesjobs@gmail.com or PM me. Send some of your work/illustrations/etc. I am one of the freelance designers at the company and I have a lot of fun working here, so if you are in the area hit me up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meta²
Sep 11, 2001

What the flip was Grandma doing at the dunes?

I just wanted to plug my school...
I am 21, went to UCLA for design but wasn't really happy with my program. I travelled a bit, worked at a web design firm in France, then moved back to Cali and started attending Art Center.
Love this school. The workload is insane, but you quickly adapt to it. I think it really is like a factory for good art and design. If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me about it. The school's theory regarding admissions is lax, they let you in and it's sink or swim. You really have to want it in order to get through the programs.
My first term as a graphics student, my type teacher designed the FedEx logo, my communication design teacher was the president of the AIGA, and they really broke us down and built us up as young designers.
I guess I am writing this post because I had some sour experiences studying design in university and found something that fit well for me, I want more good designers at school, and I learned a lot of my foundation through these forums so I wanted to spread the word.