Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heatherbomb
Dec 24, 2004

aw fuck
I'm a fresh graduate with a BFA in Game Art & Design aaaand.. I can't get a job. Its awful, I'm a walking e/n thread. :/
Looks like I'm not the only one struggling to get in the game industry though, but I'm not giving up.
Right now I'm just trying to get a crappy job on the side so that I can improve my portfolio, because its painfully obvious that I can't get a job with its current state.
I've been applying to jobs outside of the industry as well, but I still can't seem to get anything. I had a lot of teachers tell me that even if I can't get in the gaming industry, knowing a 3d program will definitely get me hired elsewhere, but where are these magical jobs of which they spoke?

Anyway, if there are any of you that are in the game industry, or even those of you who aren't, I'd appreciate it if you could look over my demo reel and tell me what I'm lacking to really get me hired.
I'm almost certain its my 3d skills though, and if I'm right, what can I do that would look good?

My demo reel and portfolio are on my site, http://www.unician.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU