Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I live in the South, and your written Southern is pretty close, don't worry.

I studied in Osaka, but I still don't know enough Japanese to pick out the different dialects. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Spirit Armor posted:

Nnnnnot really. As far as I can tell, most translators just bullshit it play it by ear and hope for the best.

Heck, if you look at most manga/anime series, they can't really agree on what to do when confronted with a dialect of some sort. The earliest dub of Evangelion dropped Toji's accent entirely, while in the Azumanga Daioh manga, fans wrote out Osaka's accent into a Southern drawl while the official translation turned it into a New York accent, and I'm pretty sure the Excel Saga manga started dipping into (relatively) obscure British accents.

... meanwhile, I'm rendering Kohran's accent into what I think a Southern-ish accent sounds like without actually knowing anything about it. If anyone really wants to translate an accent from Japanese into English, I would not recommend following my example. :v:
Well, what's the Osaka stereotype supposed to be anyway?
If it lines up well enough, whatever works I guess.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

veekie posted:

Well, what's the Osaka stereotype supposed to be anyway?
If it lines up well enough, whatever works I guess.

Yea, my understanding is that Osaka has the same general stereotype in Japan that Southerners have in America so using a Southern accent is a decent enough way to do it.

Locus Cosecant
Jan 12, 2008

Spirit Armor posted:

and I'm pretty sure the Excel Saga manga started dipping into (relatively) obscure British accents.

Speaking as someone who follows the Excel Saga manga, I think it works pretty well, although I might have a different point of view if I were British.

Pirate_Mike
Dec 29, 2008

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
<3
---Love---<3
<3
----is----<3
<3
-Forever-<3
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
I'm British! I'm offended for no reason despite never having actually read that manga. :colbert:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Yea, my understanding is that Osaka has the same general stereotype in Japan that Southerners have in America so using a Southern accent is a decent enough way to do it.

From what I understand, Kansai (the Osaka/Kyoto/Hiroshima area) is considered to be more humorous and 'open' than other places. They have more comedians, the people use the polite forms of Japanese less, etc.

So, yes and no. They aren't more polite than general, unlike the South, but they are considered much, much friendlier.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Slaan posted:

So, yes and no. They aren't more polite than general, unlike the South, but they are considered much, much friendlier.

The South *can* have a reputation for being friendly - it's roughly a coin toss in a given situation whether the stereotype is Southern hospitality or the narrow-minded rural bigots who like to pretend the civil rights movement never happened. Still, it fits.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Slaan posted:

From what I understand, Kansai (the Osaka/Kyoto/Hiroshima area) is considered to be more humorous and 'open' than other places. They have more comedians, the people use the polite forms of Japanese less, etc.

So it depends on which aspect you're emphasizing then.

SaitoBatch
Jun 16, 2009

Cythereal posted:

The South *can* have a reputation for being friendly - it's roughly a coin toss in a given situation whether the stereotype is Southern hospitality or the narrow-minded rural bigots who like to pretend the civil rights movement never happened. Still, it fits.

It also depends on which state you're in. People in Southern states take their various sports seriously.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Well, there is a difference between South, and Deep South.

South is North Carolina, Virginia, and parts of Georgia/Florida/Tennessee.

Deep South is East Texas to South Carolina.

EDIT: VV True enough

Slaan fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 21, 2010

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Slaan posted:

Well, there is a difference between South, and Deep South.

South is North Carolina, Virginia, and parts of Georgia/Florida/Tennessee.

Deep South is Texas to South Carolina.

A lot of Texans would dispute membership in the Deep South. East Texas is undeniably part of it, but once you get out of there it's either Southwestern or Midwestern. That's what happens when you have a state the geographic size of France.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

Patter Song posted:

A lot of Texans would dispute membership in the Deep South. East Texas is undeniably part of it, but once you get out of there it's either Southwestern or Midwestern. That's what happens when you have a state the geographic size of France.

Pretty much it's the far-east part of Texas, and even then only if it's one of the smaller towns (Tyler, Houston, and the like are large exceptions). Still, nothing too bad about it, we love our crawfish boils.

As for the accents, I best heard them described this way:

Kansai-ben goes into a restaurant, has a bad meal, pays, and just never goes back.

Tokyo-ben goes into a restaurant, has a bad meal, pays, complains to management, and then might go back once more to give it a shot.

Osaka-ben goes into a resturant, claims the food was bad, the service was crap, kicked over the table claiming they've been poisoned, and leaves without paying.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

RedMagus posted:

Osaka-ben goes into a resturant, claims the food was bad, the service was crap, kicked over the table claiming they've been poisoned, and leaves without paying.

That is completely awesome.

GenericFootwear
Nov 4, 2009

veekie posted:

That is completely awesome.

Osaka folk take their food seriously.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

RedMagus posted:

Which is probably why dubbers go to Brooklyn for an equivalent if they don't go southern.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

GenericFootwear posted:

Osaka folk take their food seriously.

Oh its true! They have amazing food there, although I still think Hiroshima is still better.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

RedMagus posted:

Pretty much it's the far-east part of Texas, and even then only if it's one of the smaller towns (Tyler, Houston, and the like are large exceptions). Still, nothing too bad about it, we love our crawfish boils.

Personally, as a Southerner I regard Texas as a cultural entity unto itself, and one that is best not messed with. Although a couple of speculative fiction novels I've read amused me by having Texas as the leader and capital of the South in a second Civil War.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
I'm basically at the point this LP is at in my PSP version of the game, and I'm a bit surprised that the chapter ends were shuffled around a bit. I knew I was one number behind due to the Kohran chapter in this version, but then this one goes and ends a chapter right after the New Year's date while mine continued on...I'm starting chapter 9 where the LP starts chapter 11. Just thought it was interesting.

You may now go back to talking about accents and dialects.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.

... well, I guess absolutely nothing came out of that last "oh no! Ogami and Ayame were conversing like relatively normal human beings!" scene, so it's nighttime now.

[Ogami]

A lot of stuff happened today... maybe I'll try and sort it all out...

Yes, you're reading it correctly: the game is actually trying to recap the recapped information it force-fed us less than five minutes worth of gameplay ago.

I'm going to spare you guys this repetition and sum it up for you in two seconds:

1) Kouma are bad. We can't feed them the Majinki.

2) Sakura-Papa had the power of the Destroyer of Evil. Sakura does too. Papa is dead, can't teach her.

3) Sacred Demon's Castle was sealed four hundred years ago, demons want it back, gonna use the Majinki to DO THINGS AT IT.

Once you finish with the above three, you get this wonderful little thing. As that can go gently caress itself, we're going skip straight to the nightly ro-

KNOCK KNOCK

----

Dun dun DUUUUUUUUN!

[Maria]

Captain...

[Ogami]

W... what's wrong?

[Ogami]

N-No... t-that is...

[Maria]

It's... the type of thing you cannot reveal to me, isn't it.

[Ogami]

No, um... that's wrong!

----
[Ogami]

... Maria, why're you beating around the bush and forcing me into arguments that I couldn't possibly win?

[Maria]

Don't change the subject, Captain! Now-

[Ogami]

No, I mean, why are you even bothering to ask? Why aren't you just shooting at my non-essential organs? You're really scaring me, Maria...

[Maria]

... look, Captain, the rest of the Flower Division is outside, and they wouldn't let me go to bed unless we have what they call "the mandatory lover's tiff." Just act and play along.

[Ogami]

I... um, okay, but there's really not going to be a lot of acting on my part.

----

[Ogami]

Wh-what should I do!?

Well, on one hand, Ogami can bungle up and reveal a classified top-secret piece of information and suffer the wrath of EVERYONE RANKED HIGHER THAN HIM (and possibly doom Japan), or he can utterly fail at lying and suffer the wrath of the super psychic-ish woman standing right in front of him (and possibly doom Japan).

... or he could take the wishy-washy route and waffle more than a breakfast house that needs to dispose of its glut of maple syrup.

[Ogami]

U~m... well, you know...

----
[Maria]

In that case, as your superior in the Flower Division, I ORDER you to tell me what is going on!

[Ogami]

Maria, I outrank you.

[Maria]

I... I was ABOUT to tell you to "pull the other leg, it's got bells on it," but that really IS true, isn't it.

[Ogami]

... I wish I can feel any emotion other than tired resignation.

[Maria]

Don't worry, Captain. You will always also have bowel-clenching terror.

[Ogami]

THANK you, Maria, I totally needed that reminder.

----

MEANWHILE!

----

----

----
[Ogami]

Guys, I can hear you right through the walls.

[Kohran]

Yup, that Ogami-han sure is a womanizin' creep, ain't he? Ah never thought Ah'd see th' day.

[Sumire]

Honestly, he's an enemy to all women! Not that I expected anything more of the Ensign.

[Ogami]

Um, guys...

[Kanna]

Oh, we totally heard you the first time!

[Ogami]

Oh, that's... um, that's cool, then.

----

And with that, the night passes uneventfully.

I SAID, THE NIGHT PASSES- wait, the plot might actually be moving!

[Ayame]

Where are we going... I don't... I don't even know...

----

Somehow, this is the face I imagine Ayame making when she gets permission to roll out the ridiculous cannon blimp.

Or the Rolling Thunder.

Or any other high ordinance piece of equipment that she gets to pilot faster than Yoneda yells "OOH OOH SHOTGUN SHOTGUN I TOTALLY CALLED IT FIRST."

[???]

Now, what could possibly be troubling you? Hmhmhm...

And that's... just mildly worrisome.

[Ayame]

Who on Earth... are you...?

[???]

Hmhmhm... me? Have you honestly forgotten?

[Ayame]

Eh?

[???]

Hmhmhm...

----
[Ayame]

You're just going to... feed me vague lines... all night, aren't you.

[???]

[???]

You'll understand soon enough. Hmhmhm...

[Ayame]

Oh, you BITCH.

----

----

WOW, we have a singularly horrible security system in our theater. I mean, look at him! He's standing right on the goddamn weathervane!

[Satan]

Hmhmhm... just a little longer.

[Satan]

Fallen Demon "Shika"... you are present, aren't you?

[Shika]

Yes!

[Satan]

Sortie your forces. Wreak havoc amongst those meddlesome little girls until the most powerful Fallen Demon awakens!

----
[Shika]

The most powerful... um, sir, I'm already awake.

[Satan]

[Satan]

Would you like me to change that state of affairs, Shika?

[Shika]

... j-just trying to insert a little office humor here, sir.

[Satan]

Oh, no, Shika, I insist. I can make it so that you'll never have to worry about insomnia or anything of the sort ever again.

[Shika]

Really, sir?

[Satan]

Yes, Shika. By killing you.

----

[Shika]

Wreak havoc... yes, acknowledged!

[Satan]

The red moon... and then darkness... and destruction.
A truly fitting overture for a new world.

... you know, I'm pretty sure that most emo twelve year old kids could do a better job expressing their feelings than this chump.

Sure, they'd just write "pitch dark blackness of the obsidian depths of my heart plunged in the ebony darkness of black despair" over and over again, but at least they'd be TRYING.

MEANWHILE!!

[Ayame]

I don't know... something has...

----

----

MEANWHILE, AGAIN!

[Ayame]

What will become of me...?

[Satan]

Now!

----
[Satan]

[Satan]

Now!

[Satan]

[Satan]

Aaaaany second now.

----

[Ayame]

Exactly who AM I...?

MEANWHILE!!

[Ogami]

... hm?

----

[Ogami]

A-Ayame-san... what's wrong?

[Ayame]

Uu... kh... urgh!

[Ogami]

A-Ayame-san! What's the matter! Are you alright!?

[Ayame]

U... uuu...

[Ogami]

W-What's- uwah!

[Ogami]

U-Uwah! ... grk, gh!

----
[Ogami]

I-I'll... take that as a yes, then...!

----

[Ayame]

Ugggggh... gghhhk...

----
[Ogami]

And you might... have lost your ability... to actually speak, but that could just... be a That Time Of Month thing, like... Kanna...?

[Ayame]

MRGLEBRGHLE.

----

[Ogami]

A... Ayame-san! Hrk...
G... gwah! A-Ayame-sa...
Gh... gah... I-I can't breathe...
Ayame-san... please , stop...

[Ogami]

Kh... I-I can't... such strength...!

----
[Ogami]

(I know I'm getting horribly strangled and might end up falling unconscious due to air loss, but dammit, if I DO actually hit her, I'll probably get into shitloads of trouble even though this would be a perfectly good time to exercise my right to self-defense!)

----

[Ogami]

A... Ayame-san... please... stop...

[Ayame]

Gasp...!

[Ogami]

N... no... *cough*... I-I'm alright... More importantly... what in the world was that?

----
[Ogami]

If you REALLY had to choke a bitch, couldn't you have just sought out Sumire-kun or someone...?

[Ayame]

Her bitchiness ratio has been steadily decreasing over the past few months, so it's been-

[Ayame]

- er, I mean, no, that's a horrible thing to suggest, Ogami-kun.

[Ogami]

... look, I KNOW you were thinking it too, ma'am.

----

:eek:

Wait, what? Have all those countless months of dogged persistence in the face of cockblocking finally paid o-

... well, okay, so Ogami might be able to appreciate this sort of situation more if she wasn't on the verge of going completely apeshit insane.

[Ogami]

Eh...?

[Ayame]

I beg you... hurry...!!

----
[Ogami]

I never thought that I'd ever REFUSE a request like that, but, um, if I DO hug you, won't that just put me in range of your strangling hands?

[Ayame]

[Ogami]

O-Okay, then, um, could you at least make some sort of warranty that you WON'T strangle me?

[Ayame]

Just shut up and do it while I still have some sort of grasp on my sanity, Ogami-kun.

[Ogami]

Wait, you had sanity in the first pla-

[Ogami]

Er, I mean, 'kay.

----

----

[Ayame]

Please... more tightly...

[Ogami]

A-Ayame-san...

[Ayame]

Uu...

MEANWHILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----
[Maria]

(... not that I'm actually curious or anything. And it's not as if I would be so clingy or Sakura-like psychotic as to follow him or spy on him or anything.)

[Maria]

(I mean, it's not as if the Captain's sudden ability to keep SECRETS from us means that he has finally grown a pair. And even if he DOES suddenly have a spine, it's not as if he has months of repressed angst, abuse, and other semi-psychotic feelings that might cause him to lash out at those who he thinks are responsible for everything bad that's happened to him since he's entered this theater.)

[Maria]

----

[Maria]

(If I recall correctly, the Captain should be in the basement for his nightly rounds...)

DUN dun DUUUUUUUUUUUN!! The horror! The... something.

... you know, I'd be a lot more willing to accept this kind of plot twist if it weren't for the fact that this scene is copy-pasted for all the heroines. Meaning that they all react pretty much the same way.

Yes, even Kanna, who probably wouldn't bother hiding behind a corner. Hell, she'd probably just walk around the corner going "HEY GUYS WHAT'S GOING ON HERE LET'S KUNG-FU FIGHT".

Or Sakura, who would School Days our asses so fast that the game wouldn't even have TIME to roll out any nice boats.

Or, god forbid, Iris, who'll probably add another theater and a couple thousand more innocent civilians to her tally of utterly destroyed objects.

[Maria]

Captain!? What in the world...

KLAXONS!

[Maria]

Wha- enemies!? What...

----
[Maria]

... an unnecessarily forced plot twist to avoid the inevitable confrontation between me and the Captain over this equally contrived piece of romantic drama!

----

[Maria]

... Captain...

And then she walks away. Never mind the fact that Ogami and Ayame should have been able to hear her talking in an empty hallway, at least before the KLAXONS! went off.

[Ogami]

Ayame-san!

[Ogami]

Ayame-san... what in the world was that? Are you okay?

----
[Ayame]

... Ogami-kun, being crazy enough to STRANGLE you might count as 'okay' on some freakish alien planet. This is EARTH.

[Ogami]

It's also the IMPERIAL THEATER. It's REALLY not that hard to believe that the Flower Division might spontaneously decide to make today "Let's All Strangle The gently caress Out Of Ichiro Ogami Day!"

[Ayame]

We wouldn't do anything like that, Ogami-kun! That's in SEPTEMBER.

[Ogami]

... you're not really helping your case, ma'am.

----

[Ayame]

I'm sorry, Ogami-kun... right now... more importantly... hurry... the enemy...!

[Ogami]

B-But... Ayame-san.

[Ogami]

Ayame-san...

[Ogami]

Yes, ma'am...

Well, if she goes off the deep end again, it's not like she'll end up strangling anyone IMPORTANT. Except possibly Yoneda, but it's not as if he's needed for the theater to actually FUNCTION.

[Ayame]

O-Ogami-kun... take this...

[Ayame]

If... if something were to happen to me, do not hesitate- take that gun and shoot me!

[Ogami]

W-What do you mean!?

----
[Ayame]

... look, Ogami-kun, we do NOT have time for a tutorial on how to use a pistol.

[Ogami]

No, I... I know how to use a gun, Ayame-san. And even if I DIDN'T, you KNOW that the demons are usually nice enough to hold off the attack until I learn. Like that first time I piloted a Koubu.

----

[Ogami]

W-What do you mean, an order...? Why would it come to...

----
[Ayame]

I can't count on anyone else being stupid enough to actually follow that order to the letter.

[Ogami]

I... thank you, ma'am.

[Ayame]

Or stupid enough to do so and risk the eternal wrath of everyone else in the Flower Division.

[Ogami]

YES, ma'am, I know.

----

[Ayame]

Now go on, Ogami-kun!

[Ogami]

A-Ayame-san...

[Ogami]

Y-Yes'm!

And he runs off, leaving Ayame all alone with her impending crazy.

----

[Ayame]

... that's wrong. ... that's wrong... that's wrong!

----
[Satan]

(Are you crazy yet now?)

[Ayame]

(... no.)

[Satan]

(How about now?)

[Ayame]

(Nnnnope, still not feeling itHARGLEBLARGH.)

[Satan]

(Yay!)

[Ayame]

(... false alarm.)

[Satan]

(Oh for the love of- look, I'm going to go see if I can't do something about this goddamn cloud cover that's blocking the whole "red moon driving you crazy" thing and move the plot along. I'll be right back.)

----

NEXT TIME: The future of enemy spawning... has arrived!

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 15, 2013

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Whooooooooooooops.
poo poo hits the fan soon.
Gotta love convenient timing though.

JamMasterJim fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jul 26, 2010

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
THIS

SHOULD

BE

FUN :twisted:

And seriously, even without SA's interjections, I think this game would be enjoyable enough to prove that clichés aren't all bad.

GenericFootwear
Nov 4, 2009
Oooh, i'm enjoying Evil Ayame's antics so far.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

GenericFootwear posted:

I too, am enjoying her... antics :pervert:

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Uh... I'm not sure how to react to that.

The fact that you just c/p in the appropriate love interest's face is pretty :psyduck:, though.

Nethris
Mar 28, 2010

JamMasterJim posted:

Whooooooooooooops.
poo poo hits the fan soon.
Gotta love convenient timing though.

If we assume that the obvious foreshadowing is correct that Ayame's problem has something to do with the demons, the possibility that this set of enemies isn't completely incompetent, and thus capable of timing an attack, could explain a lot of the convenient timing. Not so much keeping Maria from confronting Ogami at the end there, but the romance option specific stuff has been bland enough so far that I'd buy that they were shooting for the assumption that the girl involved would be sitting there in shock, despite this not fitting most of the girls very well.

I will guess that Ogami is now given no option to mention Ayame choking him or being in some sort of pain, much less handing him a gun to shoot her "just in case," to anyone that might be in position to help take care of her during the mission, or would be near Ayame if some vague horrible thing warranting shooting her occurred during that time. Because he is somehow that dumb :downs:.

This should certainly be interesting assuming the writing isn't too :bang: inducing concerning Ogami not telling people and/or Maria's reaction to what she's seen.

The_Great_Danish
Mar 26, 2010

Nethris posted:

This should certainly be interesting assuming the writing isn't too :bang: inducing concerning Ogami not telling people and/or Maria's reaction to what she's seen.

It will be. This is Sakura Wars after all, and that's just half the fun.

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
Wait a minute...

Spirit Armor posted:

[Satan]

The red moon... and then darkness... and destruction.
A truly fitting overture for a new world.

Kuja?

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Nethris posted:

Not so much keeping Maria from confronting Ogami at the end there, but the romance option specific stuff has been bland enough so far that I'd buy that they were shooting for the assumption that the girl involved would be sitting there in shock, despite this not fitting most of the girls very well.
I kinda doubt any of them except maybe Sakura would hold out on confronting him right there. Unless they had payback in mind, then holding out is A-OK. It takes time to bribe Kohran to build something sufficiently amusing.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
You know, it's absolutely terrible of me but the whole red moon thing has me thinking that Ayame is the strangest Prinnie I've ever seen. I just hope she doesn't explode.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Reading this at work is a hazard to my job :(

And is it bad of me to think that the reason that Ogami doesn't get killed by that chokehold is because he has probably survived several each day? :cry:

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
So that scene where your Chosen Girl confronts you is copy-pasted. Meh. Yeah, Sumire had the same basic reaction when I went through this scene last night.

Can't wait for the rest of this portion, even knowing what was going to happen (and not being able to actually read the text), I still found it great.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Slaan posted:

Reading this at work is a hazard to my job :(

And is it bad of me to think that the reason that Ogami doesn't get killed by that chokehold is because he has probably survived several each day? :cry:

Not until September. Officially. But some people are pretty diligent about their practice.

So does your love interest start out the battle with terrible stats until you have a few support convos?

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Huh I wonder what would have happened if you had tried to hear her out instead of holding her.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Ryuujin posted:

Huh I wonder what would have happened if you had tried to hear her out instead of holding her.

More practice for September.

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.

Ryuujin posted:

I think it's a 'but thou must'

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.

GenericFootwear posted:

CommissarMega posted:

I too, am enjoying her... antics

But she hasn't done anything but be vague and prance around in barely-there leath- oh.

... ooooh.

ddegenha posted:

You know, it's absolutely terrible of me but the whole red moon thing has me thinking that Ayame is the strangest Prinnie I've ever seen. I just hope she doesn't explode.

JEEZ WAY TO SPOIL AYAME'S ONLY WEAKNESS

I mean

That's just silly. :colbert:

Slaan posted:

Reading this at work is a hazard to my job

... well, at least we're past the 'Helping Sumire Learn To Swim... IN THE BATHS' plotline. THAT might take some explainin'.

Glazius posted:

So does your love interest start out the battle with terrible stats until you have a few support convos?

IIRC, she's SUPER-HAPPY. You know, as is par for the course with Your Chosen Girl.

... I guess hugs make everyone feel better. Even those who're just watching.

Ryuujin posted:

Keeshhound posted:

More practice for September.

TheGreenAvenger posted:

I think it's a 'but thou must'

The latter, yeah. Which makes me wonder why they even bothered putting a multiple-choice question there in the first place.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

quote:

Yes, even Kanna, who probably wouldn't bother hiding behind a corner. Hell, she'd probably just walk around the corner going "HEY GUYS WHAT'S GOING ON HERE LET'S KUNG-FU FIGHT".

Or Sakura, who would School Days our asses so fast that the game wouldn't even have TIME to roll out any nice boats.
My life is complete with all your awesome references.:sun:

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.

Spirit Armor posted:

The latter, yeah. Which makes me wonder why they even bothered putting a multiple-choice question there in the first place.

I think I tried not to because I chose KANNA and she would have killed me in the face, but Ayame ends up falling on you.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

Personally, as a Southerner I regard Texas as a cultural entity unto itself, and one that is best not messed with. Although a couple of speculative fiction novels I've read amused me by having Texas as the leader and capital of the South in a second Civil War.

I know there was a "Let's Play" that involved Texas as the main country in a Paradox LP. I'll see if I can dig that up.

"Texas, Texas, Whiskey!" shall be our battle-cry :clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

RedMagus posted:

I know there was a "Let's Play" that involved Texas as the main country in a Paradox LP. I'll see if I can dig that up.

"Texas, Texas, Whiskey!" shall be our battle-cry :clint:

http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Victoria/

TEXAS, TEXAS, WHISKEY! :cheers:

• Locked thread