Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AKILLATEHNUN
Nov 14, 2008

by Lowtax

Canuck-Errant posted:

Man, I'm going to wind up with methods for hiding images more complex than a GBS AR thread.

I see what you did there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

veekie posted:

I'm going to start viewing this thread's page source from now on aren't I?

At the rate we're going, we'll be needing a sentient Internet to weed out the images.

And while we're on the subject, why is there so little Kanna stuff out there? Or am I just bad at this?

Schadenfraulein
Dec 23, 2006
a front row seat to the gun show

CommissarMega posted:

At the rate we're going, we'll be needing a sentient Internet to weed out the images.

And while we're on the subject, why is there so little Kanna stuff out there? Or am I just bad at this?

Most guys don't appreciate a woman who could bench press them. :ssh:

But I'm not most guys. :iamafag:

Click here for the full 406x750 image.

Click here for the full 670x365 image.

Click here for the full 700x588 image.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Schadenfraulein posted:

You are a good, good person. Looks like I just have to practice my google-fu then.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Apr 6, 2009

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

CommissarMega posted:

You are a good, good person. Looks like I just have to practice my google-fu then.

Not just a good person, he's the best person.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Schadenfraulein posted:

But I'm not most guys. :iamafag:

Click here for the full 406x750 image.

Click here for the full 670x365 image.

Click here for the full 700x588 image.

I'd hit it like the fist of an angry god. Strong girls rock.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Thankfully, I'm at work, so the drama of following links becomes moot---but conversely, I have no idea as to whether the hidden link thing is overall good or bad for this thread. It can lead to amusement, or it can lead to people being Capital-C Creepoids.

I'm inclined to say bad. Please stop being creepy so we can just read the bloody thread.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Allen Wren posted:

Thankfully, I'm at work, so the drama of following links becomes moot---but conversely, I have no idea as to whether the hidden link thing is overall good or bad for this thread. It can lead to amusement, or it can lead to people being Capital-C Creepoids.

I'm inclined to say bad. Please stop being creepy so we can just read the bloody thread.

It is one of the only known ways to call a missing Spirit Armor to this thread.
It is as if he sensed a disturbance in the Force.

Plus you don't have to look at it, considering the links are invisible until you go looking...morbid curiosity aside.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.

Alright, the one-man support group has finally reached the last nutcase heroine on the list.

[Ogami]

Sakura-kun... why are you in a place like this?

[Sakura]

Well... I felt uneasy when I wasn't doing anything...

----

[Ogami]

Sakura-kun...

----
[Ogami]

... what costumes?

[Sakura]

Really, didn't I just say how many costumes I've mended, Ogami-san? This whole pile!

[Ogami]

You're pointing at thin air, Sakura-kun.

[Sakura]

No I'm not! That's discrimination against imaginary friends!

[Ogami]

... all play and no work makes Sakura a delusional psychotic, huh. Remind me never to let you have free time ever again.

[Sakura]

Hee~!

----

[Ogami]

Next time... we will definitely win. Because we must protect the peace of the Imperial Capital!

Of course, we've got to pick the answer choice that has very little to do with the actual conversation at hand is the most hot-blooded.

[Ogami]

... we'll win. Just believe that we will win.

[Ogami]

Protecting the citizens of the Imperial Capital is our duty... no. Isn't it our very pride!?

[Sakura]

... yes.

... I have to admit that given how ridiculously easy Sakura is to deal with (just choose any response that contains some measure of hot-bloodedness), I have the feeling that their everyday conversations would all turn out very, very similar if they ever got married (assuming that it wouldn't kill Ogami in the process, of course).

ESPECIALLY if he masters the art of replying to his wife while not actually listening to anything she's saying.

----
[Sakura]

Darling, what do you think of this dress?

[Ogami]

HOT BLOOD!!

[Sakura]

What do you think we should have for dinner?

[Ogami]

Never give up! COURAAAGE!!

[Sakura]

Darling! Good news-- I'm pregnant!!

[Ogami]

THIS IS THE POWER OF JUSTICE!!

----

[Sakura]

Because I... think that I'll be able to regain my courage by tomorrow.

[Ogami]

... I got it. In that case... see you tomorrow.

----
[Ogami]

[Ogami]

Would it be a problem if I locked the door behind me?

[Sakura]

... why?

[Ogami]

Well, I'll actually be able to sleep well tonight if I KNOW that you're confined in a locked room.

[Sakura]

I'm not staying locked in this room all night!

[Ogami]

Yeah, I figured that you wouldn't agree to--

[Sakura]

No, I mean, I can't believe that you thought a locked door would restrain me!

[Ogami]

... oh, right. What WAS I thinking?

---

Now that we've dealt with pretty much everybody, it's time for Ogami to do something responsible for the first time in MONTHS: ask for more money.

[Yoneda]

Yo, c'mon in.

[Ogami]

Please excuse me.

----
[Yoneda]

Ha ha ha no.

[Ogami]

But I haven't even ASKED yet!!

[Yoneda]

Well, it's gonna be about something that either directly or indirectly pertains to your physical or mental well-being, right?

[Ogami]

Well, not r--

[Yoneda]

Ha ha ha no.

[Ogami]

Manager Yonedaaaaaa...

----

[Ogami]

... yes, it is. The limits to the Koubus' abilities, along with our budgetary problems...
Manager... would there possibly be anything you can do about this?

----

[Ogami]

Hah...

----

----
[Ogami]

[Ogami]

You just used a roundabout way to tell me to shut up, mind my own business and do my job, didn't you.

[Yoneda]

What're you talking about? I've always appreciated the utterly useless contributions that you throw out in a hilariously bad attempt to validate your existence here at the theater, m'boy!

[Ogami]

... I kind of preferred when you DIDN'T sandwich your already-painful statements between layers of sarcasm, sir.

[Yoneda]

Yeah, but it's a great way of relieving stress. You're the greatest punching bag a manager could ever ask for, m'boy.

----

[Ogami]

... understood. Please excuse me here.

----

Now that he's gotten everything that NEEDED to be done out of the way, Ogami is finally free to socialize with normal people. People who, amazingly enough, AREN'T capable of tearing him from limb to limb: the theater girls!

[Yuri]

Isn't there... something ELSE that you should be doing?

Okay, so maybe he's kind of been neglecting the theater girls for the past few chapters.

[Ogami]

Grk...

----

[Ogami]

Yuri-kun...

----
[Yuri]

What I WANTED to tell you was GET BACK TO WORK, YOU LAZY BUM.

[Yuri]

... wait, dammit, that's not it either.

[Ogami]

You're really off your game tonight, aren't you.

[Yuri]

Well, YOU were really off your game in today's battle!

[Ogami]

(... GOD I wish we could just get to the multiple choice boxes alr--)

[Yuri]

What, so you can reduce every woman you talk to into an easy three-choice question!?

[Ogami]

Wh-- how the hell did you know what I was--

[Yuri]

I'm so pissed that my frustration's turning into the source of my worldly powers, okay? Jeez.

[Ogami]

That's not even--

[Yuri]

HURRY UP AND ASK FOR YOUR drat FORTUNE ALREADY.

----

[Ogami]

Um...

And create some freakish endless loop of apologies? NOT ON MY WATCH.

[Yuri]

It looks like I was a little irritated. Besides, all this must be... harder on you than it is on me, isn't it.

[Ogami]

----
[Ogami]

... you have no idea. Some days, I think the whole theater's out to get me.

[Yuri]

You only think that SOME days? Wow, we really need to step up our effo--

[Yuri]

I mean, that's too bad, Ogami-san~!

[Ogami]

... look, I honestly don't know how many more paranoia-inducing revelations I can take before I snap like a brittle--

[Yuri]

You don't KNOW how many more paranoia-inducing revelations you can take? Wow, we really need t--

[Ogami]

I GET IT.

----

----

[Ogami]

Yuri-kun...

----
[Yuri]

I mean, some days, we can't make nearly enough popcorn to last us the whole battle. And don't get me started on the freezy drinks and the 3-D glasses that Tsubaki keeps--

[Ogami]

I'll pretend I didn't hear that, thanks.

---

[Ogami]

I'm the one who always ends up being saved by you guys. It's only because you three are here that I can actually get to the battle.

... if this were a sitcom, this would be the audience's cue to go "Aaawwwwww" in a nauseatingly heartful fashion.

Since this ISN'T a sitcom, there are sick bags located underneath your seat for your convenience.

[Ogami]

... only what's true. And it's not just in battle. You guys are always helping me out.

----
[Ogami]

Yup, you guys sure do save me. Getting out the popcorn to watch me get thrashed instead of intervening and all.

[Yuri]

We WOULD, but Ayame won't let us take a crack at the Shogeimaru's main cannon.

[Ogami]

On second thought, too many cooks sending high-powered cannon blasts into our immediate vicinity spoils the soup, so you girls just keep doing whatever it is that you're doing.

----

[Yuri]

Ogami-san... I'll forgive you.
So... Ogami-san, you have to make an effort to forgive yourself, too.

[Ogami]

An effort to forgive myself...

----

[Ogami]

... aah. I got it.

----
[Ogami]

I mean, it's not like I was ever really blaming myself in the first place, it's just that the responsibility for our failure as a group will naturally gravitate towards me, so I figured that--

[Yuri]

[Ogami]

... er, what I MEANT to say was "woe is me, why am I such a bad commander, this is all my fault because this is the part where the protagonist always beats himself up."

[Yuri]

See? That wasn't so hard! You're halfway there already![/i]
----

... I'm positive that this is the first time that I've ever actually visited Yuri chosen this option. Might as well give it a whirl.

[Ogami]

If it's alright... could you give me my fortune? I want to know how my luck is.

[Yuri]

Okay then, I'll tell you your fortune using this crystal ball.
I see it!! Ogami-san, for this month...
Your lucky color is yellow. If take care to stay true to yourself, then good luck might occur!
A lot of effort from a lot of people will definitely bond you all together. Take care to remember that.
If you choose the perfect time and a quiet spot, then you will make progress in your work. Face your goals and do your best, okay?

... basically, getting your fortune told is a very literal glimpse into the shape of the upcoming plot Ogami's future, so we'll just leave that aside for now.

Once you speak to Yuri, the "talk to Yuri" option is replaced with the most basic form of information-gathering: good ol' fashioned rumor mongering.

[Yuri]

You're saying that the Koubu... might not be repaired?
To think that Kohran would so quickly give up on them...

... and now that we've discovered that Yuri really has nothing USEFUL to say to us... uh, we're done here!

[Ogami]

... Yuri-kun. I should probably be going now.

[Ogami]

Yeah, I got it. See you later... Yuri-kun.

NEXT TIME: An update that won't take two and a half weeks to post! Also, a minor path split.

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Apr 9, 2013

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Yay for updates!

This is from a couple pages back ( I went back to read it because I forgot what Kanna said because it was so long ago), but until now, I read this:

Spirit Armor posted:

[Ogami]

Welp, I just finished a conversation with Kohran without falling into a suspiciously unnatural sleep, with all of my organs intact, and without any strange foreign objects inserted into various parts of my body.

[Ogami]

[Ogami]

Holy poo poo, no WONDER something felt off.

Until today, I thought it had said "Holy poo poo, no WONDER something fell off."

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
You've... I could swear I remembered you talking to Yuri before.

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no
This chapter feels meta compared to other updates, Spirit Armor!

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Spirit Armor posted:

... I have to admit that given how ridiculously easy Sakura is to deal with (just choose any response that contains some measure of hot-bloodedness), I have the feeling that their everyday conversations would all turn out very, very similar if they ever got married (assuming that it wouldn't kill Ogami in the process, of course).

ESPECIALLY if he masters the art of replying to his wife while not actually listening to anything she's saying.

----
[Sakura]

Darling, what do you think of this dress?

[Ogami]

HOT BLOOD!!

[Sakura]

What do you think we should have for dinner?

[Ogami]

Never give up! COURAAAGE!!

[Sakura]

[Ogami]

----

This was the best part of the entire update. I was laughing my rear end off so loud I thought people in the next room were going to yell at me. Thank you, Spirit Armor, for brightening an otherwise lovely day.

And by all means, you don't have to wait until we summon you to update again. We won't be mad. Promise.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Theres a masochist option?

KarmikCykle
Nov 19, 2006

veekie posted:

Theres a masochist option?

If you look at it from Ogami's point of view, the events of this whole game are one continuous masochist option.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

quote:

[Ogami]

... all play and no work makes Sakura a delusional psychotic, huh. Remind me never to let you have free time ever again.

Ogami really is stupid isn't he? It took him more than 100 pages to finally figure this out?

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

This was the best part of the entire update. I was laughing my rear end off so loud I thought people in the next room were going to yell at me. Thank you, Spirit Armor, for brightening an otherwise lovely day.

And by all means, you don't have to wait until we summon you to update again. We won't be mad. Promise.

If this lets play has taught us one thing it's that is doesn't matter what you do, as long as you do it with HOT BLOODED PASSION!,
Math Homework prepare to face the power of JUSTICE!

GoodShipNostalgia
May 7, 2007

"The good ship Nostalgia for Infinity. Still very much as you left her."

Spirit Armor posted:

[Sakura]

[Ogami]

----

MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT HAS PIERCED YOUR VIR--er, I mean that's wonderful Sakura, we should celebrate.

GoodShipNostalgia fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Apr 8, 2009

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Vorpal Cat posted:

If this lets play has taught us one thing it's that is doesn't matter what you do, as long as you do it with HOT BLOODED PASSION!,
Math Homework prepare to face the power of JUSTICE!
Ideally, you need a big poster of a roaring flame, explosion, or dazzling ray of light to pose in front of whilst declaring so.

Schadenfraulein
Dec 23, 2006

Mile'ionaha posted:

Strong girls rock.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Revenant Threshold posted:

Ideally, you need a big poster of a roaring flame, explosion, or dazzling ray of light to pose in front of whilst declaring so.

Why use posters when you can have Kohran make a Mr. Volcano?

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Schadenfraulein posted:

I love you. Marry me?

Schadenfraulein
Dec 23, 2006
ANYWAY, MORE HOT BLOOD!!

Click here for the full 726x1000 image.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Schadenfraulein posted:

ANYWAY, MORE HOT BLOOD!!

THis is perfect. Seriously. Where did you get this?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Schadenfraulein posted:

ANYWAY, MORE HOT BLOOD!!

Favorite picture! :neckbeard:

I'm using that somewhere.

Schadenfraulein
Dec 23, 2006

CommissarMega posted:

THis is perfect. Seriously. Where did you get this?

Google Image Search.

Although the artist is Syutaro Yamada, and the source is this artbook.

I'd be happy to continue posting art between updates, if it would be welcome.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Well, we're already deep into a geeky topic. As long as the pics don't get creepy, sounds good to me.

Schadenfraulein
Dec 23, 2006

ZeeToo posted:

Well, we're already deep into a geeky topic. As long as the pics don't get creepy, sounds good to me.

Nah, I don't do creepy.

Just deeply weird.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Schadenfraulein posted:

Nah, I don't do creepy.

Just deeply weird.

certifiable nightmare fuel.

oh hey hopefully this means more updates sooner right? :unsmith:

Schadenfraulein
Dec 23, 2006

harperdc posted:

certifiable nightmare fuel.

oh hey hopefully this means more updates sooner right? :unsmith:

We can only hope.

Click here for the full 897x500 image.

Okay. Enough of that. Here's more, non-creepy artbook stuff, this time from Takehito Harada:

Click here for the full 800x1096 image.

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!

Schadenfraulein posted:

Although the artist is Syutaro Yamada, and the source is this artbook.

Hey, hey, I have that one :aaa:

Might as well contribute some Kanna pics while I'm here...

last one might be a little bit :nws:, but it is cool and I like it.

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Oh, my...this is quite possibly the most :3: thing I've seen today.

And, of course, this is the most :hellyeah: thing I've seen today.

Finally, we have the most :swoon: image.

Thank you, Schadenfraulein!

Son Conan fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 10, 2009

Schadenfraulein
Dec 23, 2006

Sennamontoya
Dec 31, 2008
Well, I am normally not one to do this but since I was only running on one hour of sleep for two full days I decided to do this and take a picture. http://superuberkubifan111.deviantart.com/art/Gino-s-is-lost-118955127
^^ and when I actually read this I realized that this page didn't have enough Iris references to it. Have fun, read the description on it, it helps understand it a little better.

Schadenfraulein
Dec 23, 2006

Sennamontoya posted:

and when I actually read this I realized that this page didn't have enough Iris references to it

You know I take requests, right?

Super Kayou Show fanart! :iamafag: Iris as Mytyl from Shin Aoi Tori.

Artbook contribution from Erika Kari, manga-ka of the hilarious, underrated Vampire Doll:

Click here for the full 732x1000 image.

I don't know what this is from, but I have a similar image with Sakura and Maria. I assume a third image with Sumire and Kanna exists, but I've not come across it.

Click here for the full 1636x1180 image.

Sennamontoya
Dec 31, 2008
Now... I'm wondering if I should have even bothered wit... what am I saying, nicely played. XD How about this? http://superuberkubifan111.deviantart.com/art/Kanna-s-apetite-119018432 I'm sure you can find some picture along those lines. XD

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
...Just... finished... 101 pages... :gonk:

SA, this has been/is a great LP. It reminds me of 6th grade and watching Tenchi Muyo...

Great Work!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

little_firebird posted:

last one might be a little bit :nws:, but it is cool and I like it.

that art style makes it look like it should be on the side of a van.

lishan1988
Mar 19, 2009

harperdc posted:

that art style makes it look like it should be on the side of a van.

A steam powered van which runs solely on BURNING SPIRIT and Ohgami's tears/screams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Canuck-Errant posted:

ED: gently caress, wrong button

Nothin' to see there. Nope.

ED2: Also, I'm at least conscientious. When I put :nms: and :nws: tags into a post, they're intentional.

They also prevent in-line loading of the images by SALR, so that's good too.

ED2.b: Except for this post, I mean; there's nothing NWS in this one. :ninja:

ED3:

Why, thank you. :D

Holy poo poo, those first three links... I think I love you.

• Locked thread