Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Thuryl posted:

Long story short, many websites will prevent you from accessing images from anywhere except the site they came from in order to prevent image leeching. That's the issue here.
Plus of course image leeching being against the rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsTheReaper
Aug 17, 2010
Dammit all. Thanks for telling me. I'll do better next time.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'
(No, not an update. Sorry.)

So, I've been reading through from the beginning again... or trying to, anyway. The vast seas of red Xs are something of a deterrent. The side commentary is still hilarious, but that's mostly because I remember what they're referring to.

SA: When you come back, do you think the dead links are salvagable? I kinda feel sorry for anyone trying to come into this thread fresh. Also, are you still planning to run through all the games?

(I did have to chuckle at a comment SA made in November 2007, to the effect of 'I have to speed up; I don't want to be here five years later LPing ST V!' Better pick up the pace, then! :v:)

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
After rereading this thread again, I think I'm going to go buy that copy of So Long My Love I saw at Gamestop. About how long are these games, anyway? Is it something I could knock out in a weekend? Are the newer games better or worse than this one (language barriers notwithstanding)?

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
It depends on your reading speed more than anything, but the three I've played (1, 2, and SLML) have all taken between 20 and 25 hours.

This LP is of the PS2 remake of the first game, so it took the later battle system (introduced in 3, I think?) and graphics. So SLML is going to be pretty close to this in terms of mechanics. Plot wise...it depends on your tastes, I suppose.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
How long has it been ever since Spirit Armor posted ANYTHING much less an update?

ACCEPT IT! THIS THREAD IS DEAD STOP BUMPING IT UP YOU JERKS!

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Luckyellow posted:

How long has it been ever since Spirit Armor posted ANYTHING much less an update?

It's only been four months. :v: If he can come back from a six month off period, he can come back from this. Anyway, the game's 95% done.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Luckyellow posted:

Well he is finishing up law school and we are used to these long wait beween updates, think of it as ones of those dinners that takes long to prepare but very good to eat.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Luckyellow posted:

Have you seen most of this thread? We've only just begun the waiting process.

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!
ShadowCatboy had to finish Med School before he completed Planescape: Torment. I be once Spirit Armor gets his lawyerin' degree he'll finish this one up lickety-split. :)

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

GetWellGamers posted:

ShadowCatboy had to finish Med School before he completed Planescape: Torment. I be once Spirit Armor gets his lawyerin' degree he'll finish this one up lickety-split. :)
And then one down, four to go. :v:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
How long is a law degree on average?

(P/S: None of this would've happened if people voted for Kanna :colbert: )

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

CommissarMega posted:

How long is a law degree on average?

(P/S: None of this would've happened if people voted for Kanna :colbert: )

3 school years (+1 if he's going for a joint JD/MBA), plus studying for the bar exam.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

I have a law degree. It's three years. If he's in his second or third year, he probably doesn't have much to do anymore. If he graduated, he's probably unemployed.

This lp is dead :smith:

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!
I've been having fun with the galaxy angel games. Anyone suffering from ST withdrawals should try them since they are pretty much this in space (with a more boring combat system imo). The first two pc games in the series are completely translated into English.

Agnostic watermelon fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Sep 1, 2011

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!

Spirit Armor posted:

Hey, I DID say that I was going to finish this LP no matter what, right?

Why, now that you mention it, I believe you did. ;)

... No images behind that emoticon, BTW. Couldn't bring myself to do it. In completely unrelated news, I need some brain bleach. :gonk:

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Just in case this thread dies for some reason (Unless Spirit Armor has half the thread backed up on his computer and can replace the pictures there's no way this is ever getting archived), Spirit Armor this is honestly the first thread I ever read on this site and was one of the reasons I joined.

Just wanted to get it out there that this thread is still attracting people to SA.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
I wonder how much money this thread made SA.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'm one of those who registered mainly to read this thread, so I'd say quite some money.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

I registered pretty much for this thread. Well, also that Persona 4 LP, but mostly this.

You jerks should have voted Sumire :argh:

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!
This thread was my original reason for registering as well. I actually managed to get a friend hooked on the series and he ended up registering to follow the thread, too.

Sakura Wars, the gift that keeps on giving to SA!

U.T. Raptor posted:

You jerks should have voted Sumire :argh:

Maria was clearly the superior choice. :colbert:

But not because I know what's coming, am a sucker for those kinds of scenarios and/or have a soft spot for her seiyuu's voice acting, no sirree.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug
Spirit Armor, if you wanna come back with an update, please reopen the thread.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.
((12/23/11 EDIT: Continued below!))

SOMEWHERE NEAR THE COAST

----

[Ayame]

Hmhmhmhm...

And... that's all we get to see of the game's long-running villain and suddenly-appeared-from-Ayame's-bloodless-death villain, respectively. At least for now.

But at least we get to see our brave protagonists, who remain undaunted in the face of such tragic treachery! Even now, filled with righteous indignation over the fate of their comrade, their fearless commander is putting together a foolproof plan, fueled by the flames of vengeance and aimed squarely at Satan's foul, blackened heart! And lo, Ensign Ichiro Ogami will work feverishly to cure Ayame of her demonic affliction and proceed to--

-- mope around like a goddamned ninny.

[Ogami]

[Sakura]

How could this have happened...?

To be fair, though, Ogami is joined in his moping by everybody else.

[Ogami]

But... now Ayame-san is...

[Maria]

I... what should I...

----

----

[Ogami]

I don't... I don't know, either...

[Maria]

This may seem harsh, but we have no way of knowing if or when the Kouma will be attacking us again.
If we don't get some rest...

--------------------
[Maria]

I still cannot believe that Ayame took the Majinki straight to Satan, and that you shot her in a futile attempt to stop her from doing so. And that she's now a demon.

[Ogami]

... thank you for that convenient and concise recap of what's happened so far, Maria.

[Maria]

Yes. I also cannot believe that you were, in fact, incompetent enough to completely avoid shooting Satan.

[Ogami]

Y-Yes, Maria, THANK you-

[Maria]

It was actually amazing how you completely missed hitting Satan, even though you shot Ayame straight through the heart.

[Ogami]

Maria... why...

[Maria]

I'm just saying it like it is, Captain.

--------------------

----

----

[Ogami]

Commander Yoneda...

[Ogami]

[Yoneda]

Could you go and see how they're all doing...?

--------------------
[Ogami]

Are you CERTAIN that's a good idea? I mean... they probably see me as the one responsible for Ayame's death, and since it's only been an hour or so, they might blame ME...

[Yoneda]

Nonesense, Ogami! They won't blame you at all.

[Ogami]

Yeah, you're right! I'll do my b-

[Yoneda]

They're gonna bend you over and pull your colon out through your toenails is what they're gonna do!

[Ogami]

... that's not physically possible. I don't think that's even anatomically corr-

[Yoneda]

Ogami, m'boy, has that ever stopped them before?

[Ogami]

... no sir.

[Yoneda]

Good! See, you're becoming an old hand at this already!

--------------------

[Ogami]

... understood.

[Yoneda]

And after you're done talking to everyone, come and drop by my office.

--------------------
[Yoneda]

'Cause it'll be MY turn to scapegoat the hell out of you!

[Ogami]

... y... yessir.

--------------------

And with that, our hero is left to his horribly depressing thoughts. Quick, mental healing, ho!

... no, the OTHER kind of mental healing.

Going upstairs and zooming out reveals that, while there is no timer, there are absolutely NO icons that'll help us figure out where people are.

In other words, it's going to be a matter of dicking around until we find every main character to go and talk to.

----

'Course, if the theater NPCs are found in their usual place, then it can't be THAT hard to find everyone else! ... hopefully.

[Kasumi]

Every time I try counting them, the numbers stop adding up correctly, and I just... well, I just can't seem to concentrate...

------------
[Ogami]

What kind of work do you DO that keeps you up this late, anyway?

[Kasumi]

Oh! Well, a few weeks ago, Manager Yoneda thought it would be a good idea for the Imperial Assault Force to start dabbling in selling insurance.

[Ogami]

O... kay. I guess we really need the money-

[Kasumi]

Against the possibility of the Flower Division destroying homes, lives, and other sorts of property.

[Ogami]

-- wait wait wait, we've been selling insurance against OURSELVES happening to people?!

[Kasumi]

Yes.

[Ogami]

... I... okay, how's that working out?

[Kasumi]

Well, you remember how the theater didn't actually have enough money to repair or upgrade the Koubu, right...?

[Ogami]

... oh. Wonderful.

------------

[Ogami]

Kasumi-kun...

[Ogami]

Kasumi-kun... it might be better if you rested a little. It's not good to push yourself like this...

[Kasumi]

I think it's wonderful that you're still so kind to others, even when it's tough on you...

[Kasumi]

However, right now... please use that kindness for the sake of everyone in the Flower Division.

[Ogami]

Kasumi-kun...

Why the hell does everyone have to psychoanalyze every single thing I say...?

[Ogami]

[Kasumi]

Ogami-san... please, hurry to their sides.

------------
[Ogami]

... are you SURE I can't just hide here for the rest of eternity?

[Kasumi]

Ogami-san, the longer you hide here, the-

[Ogami]

Yes, yes, the more painful it'll be when Iris locates me with her psychic powers and reams me where the sun does't shine, before she calls the rest of the girls down to take turns pulling me apart and letting Kohran heal me so that they can do it again and again and again and-

[Kasumi]

Actually, I was just going to say "the less work I'll be able to get done."

[Ogami]

... WOW, that's... that's just cold.

------------

[Ogami]

I got it... see you later, Kasumi-kun.

((CONTINUED, 12/23/11))

Now! Who could be in the music room? Could it be Maria, so that we may bite the bullet and face our destiny like a true man? Iris, so that we may get the token OH MY loving GOD IT DRINKS OUR MORTAL TERROR AND WILL CONSUME OUR SOUL? Kohran, who will hopefully be dealing with her depression and feelings of helplessness by creating the world's first singing, soulful, music-powered robot?

[Ogami]

Ah... Yuri-kun. You were all the way back here?

... oh. SORRY GUYS, FALSE ALARM, IT'S JUST YURI, who is listening to her steam-powered records.

[Ogami]

Yuri-kun...

[Yuri]

Hey... Ogami-san, what do you do to bring your spirits back up whenever you're feeling sad or down?

Escape reality through the power of song.

[Ogami]

Let's see...

[Ogami]

When the going gets tough... I guess I listen to music too.

Like I said: escape reality.

Possibly while curled up with twenty metric tons of ice cream and tissues used to soak up his bloody tears.

[Yuri]

And once you feel better... split some of that happiness with everyone else as well, okay?
Right now... I bet everyone's trying to figure out how to pick themselves back up.

[Ogami]

Yuri-kun... I got it.

---------------
[Ogami]

Should I paint a bull's-eye target on my chest now or later? Oh, right, I should grab some rope, too, and get someone to hog-tie me and string me from the rafters...

[Yuri]

... I Was thinking of a pick-me-up that's a little LESS violent, Ogami-san. I mean, they might seriously just need someone to talk to--

[Ogami]

Ha! Ha! Ha! HahahahahahaAHYAHYAHYAHYAHYA--

[Yuri]

[Ogami]

Oh... oh, wait, you were SERIOUS, weren't you.

[Yuri]

Ogami-san, they ARE normal people, too--

[Ogami]

Ha! Ha! Ha! Hahaha-

[Yuri]

Ogami-san!

[Ogami]

I-I'm sorry! It's just... you remind me of a time when I used to think like that, too, and I can't help but cry bitter tears at my own naivety...

---------------

[Ogami]

Okay... see you later, Yuri-kun.

WELP, we might as well cap this off with the last of the three theater girls-

[Ogami]

Tsubaki-chan... what're you doing in a place like this...?

[Tsubaki]

Because... if they're locked up, Ayame-san won't be able to come back in...

Okay, I'll admit, that's... pretty soul-crushing.

[Ogami]

Tsubaki-chan...

[Ogami]

Tsubaki-chan... when she comes back, we've got to welcome her back with a smile.
If you make a face that gloomy, won't it be tough for Ayame-san to come in?

----

[Ogami]

Yup... I knew it, it's best when you're smiling like that.

----------
[Ogami]

Why can't the other girls be more like you...?

[Tsubaki]

What, innocent and all sorts of illegal?

[Ogami]

Wh- NO! No! I mean- kindhearted and heartrendingly sweet and... you know...

[Tsubaki]

Not homicidal?

[Ogami]

Oh, no, I... don't care about the homicidal part as much as I do about... you know. The Ogamicidal part.

----------

[Ogami]

Aah... see you later, Tsubaki-chan.

And... here we go. It's time to talk to the actual main cast.

And who ELSE would be stuffing her face immediately after the death corruptification of a good friend?

[Ogami]

... having dinner?

[Ogami]

Well... I guess...

[Kanna]

Don't sweat it, Captain! I'll bring her back even if I have to drag her by the scruff!
So... hell, have something to eat to bring your spirits back up. 'Kay, Captain?

[Ogami]

Kanna...

And as is his wont, only ONE of the things that Ogami can think of saying will guarantee that he leaves this conversation alive.

[Ogami]

Right then, thanks for the food. Let's see now...

[Ogami]

Ackpphbt! Kanna... isn't this a little too salty!?

[Ogami]

Kanna...?

------------
[Ogami]

Come to think of it, what kind of meat IS this?

[Kanna]

Oh... well, I used up most of that one super-forgettable deer midboss, what was his name-

[Ogami]

Shika?

[Kanna]

Yeah! Shwhatshisface. Guess I oversalted ALL of his meat, so I'm gonna have to throw it out.

[Venison]

EVEN IN DEATH, MY FLAVOR IS THE STRONGEST!

[Ogami]

YOU SHUT UP.

-----------

[Kanna]

What's wrong with me!? I'm so pissed at myself for not being able to do anything...

[Kanna]

Dammit... dammit...

[Ogami]

Kanna...

[Ogami]

Right... but you should get some rest. Okay?

----

Ogami wasn't sure what bothered him more: the fact that Kanna was depressed...

... or the fact that Kanna was so far gone that she wasn't even bothering to actually destroy anything, as she was wont to do when sad, excited, happy, frustrated, or any and all of the above.

NEXT TIME: Two more of the main cast, and a possible diversion! ... thing.

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 23, 2011

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.
Thanks for holding down the fort for this long, guys, and... sorry, this update is probably NOT worth the wait, so I'll be going back and editing that last post intermittently over the next few days.

By hell or high water, I'm going to spend this Christmas break refurbishing the rest of the thread- mostly by fixing all the broken image links in older updates- while working on the upcoming updates.

Confused Llama
Jan 15, 2008
The llama is a quadruped which lives in big rivers like the Amazon. It has two ears, a heart, a forehead, and a beak for eating honey. But it is provided with fins for swimming.
My god, the thread lives! Welcome back, Spirit Armor! My fiance and I were just playing So Long, My Love and wondering what the hell had happened to you the other day. :)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's good to have you back, Spirit Armor. Been lurking in this thread long before I actually registered and just chiming in to know that your hard work is much appreciated.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Just take your time.
It'll be great if all the old posts are fine when this is finished and archived.
Troops will keep holding the fort

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Fixing the old updates? It really is Christmas. Missing bits there has kept me from showing this off to a few people who I think would like it.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Oh hell yes it lives!

quote:

It was actually amazing how you completely missed hitting Satan, even though you shot Ayame straight through the heart.
Very good point there, why not shoot the bad guy while you're at it?

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
How could I leave?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
How could you not put a horrible anime picture behind an emoticon? :colbert:

Spirit Armor, welcome back! :swoon:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
My dried out eyes are wet with tears again. :911:

This will be a warm Christmas. :ohdearsass:

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Slaan posted:

How could you not put a horrible anime picture behind an emoticon? :colbert:

Spirit Armor, welcome back! :swoon:

I've been busy fortifying the fort with entrenched defensive positions and setting up FPFs and reference points for artillery.

(The fort that is this thread, I mean.)

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
I was going to let this thread sit in my bookmarks to eternity and back again, but thankfully it didn't take that long.

So glad to see the thread come back from the dead :3:

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
It's a drat Christmas miracle indeed. Good to see you back, and good to see the story move forward.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Oh wow, it's the LP that would never die! Glad to see it back :cheers:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Spirit Armor lives! I knew the evil Law couldn't keep you down.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Holy poo poo, this is the best christmas present ever! :dance:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Much like Iris, the thread is eternal.

Done with the bar exams, I take it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Blind Eye
Dec 12, 2011

As a man who has three younger sisters I must say I have never laughed so nervously at a cartoon before. That said it turned to hysterics when the music started, oh God this is hilarious.I love anime I love you Japan. I'm sorry I doubted this season. I love you Shinbo and Nisio Isin and ADTRW.
Yes this thread is back! spirit armor the LPs haven't been the same without you.

Question: after in hot blood do you still plan on attempting the rest of the series?

The Blind Eye fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Dec 20, 2011

• Locked thread