Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

Spirit Armor posted:

True, though I wouldn't be sure whether to celebrate, cry, or get completely smashed.

... I'll probably just move on to Sakura Wars 2. :froggonk:

Come on, follows the example of our glorious leader and get all three at once! That's the Spirit Armor we know and stalk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!
I remember 20 Months for Deus Ex made me feel ashamed. :cry:

Then, when ShadowCatboy hit three years, I merely felt bad. :(

But it took Spirit Armor's five years to make me feel :smug:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Just think, when Sakura Wars 4 rolls around, you'll have young teenagers who weren't even born when this LP started paying 1000 earth coins to register and comment on your updates.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.

----------
[Ogami]

I can't be like this! If I'm going to boost everyone's spirits without getting insta-gibbed by the combined force of their rage or disgust or self-pity, I've got to come to terms with Ayame-san's death!

[Ogami]

... well, her death and/or demonification, sexification, or whatever the hell's wrong with her.

[Ogami]

Anyway, no more moping around like a wet rag or acting as if Ayame-san's still with us today! I'm grabbing this poo poo by the balls, that's what I'm doing! Forward ho!

----------

KNOCK KNOCK.

----------
[Ogami]

[Ogami]

Right, knocking for permission to enter isn't exactly a good first step, here.

----------

----

----------
[Ogami]

... what the hell am I even doing in her room in the first place?

[Ogami]

Well, it's- it's not like I'm snooping or anything. Ayame-san's gone and all, so I'm just making sure that there aren't any vital clues or plot points or things that I might have missed. Yeah.

[Kohran]

An' mebbe rifle through her drawer of unmentionables for jes' a little bit?

[Ogami]

Yes, and maybe rifle through-

[Ogami]

... I'm going to regret asking this, Kohran, but where the hell is your voice even COMING from?

[Kohran]

Well, let's jes' say that Ayame-han always DID like to keep tabs on everythin' going on in th' theater.

[Ogami]

... really now.

[Kohran]

Yup! Her room's kitted out with more snoopin', spyin', and sneaky sensory thingamabobs than- than-

[Ogami]

... than a thing with a lot of snooping, spying, and sneaky sensory thingamabobs?

[Kohran]

Well, Ah was goin' to go with "the info-gathering apparatuses of most first world countries' governments," but that'll do jes' fine. Anyway, Ah was the one who put it all together, so backdoor access ain't no thing for me.

[Ogami]

Why the hell does Ayame-san of all people need that much super-spy horsepower in her room!?

[Kohran]

Why not? She's th' boss, she can do whatever she darn well pleases.

[Ogami]

No, I mean- don't you guys have enough eyes on me already??

[Kohran]

... Ogami-han, not EVERYTHIN' in this here theater don't revolve just around tormentin' you, ya know.

[Ogami]

Oh. Right, I guess that makes-

[Kohran]

A whole TEN PERCENT of our activities here focus on other things in th' theater! Ain't that somethin'? Betcha can't suppress yer surprise, huh?

[Ogami]

... maybe. Do tears of crushing despair count as surprise? I can't tell anymore.

[Kohran]

Eh, close enough.

----------

In any case, it's ye olde point-and-click examination of the surrounding area! As usual, just about everything has a short blurb behind it...

[Ogami]

The man on the right... his face looks like Sakura-kun's. Is he Colonel Shinguji?
And the Commander hasn't changed at all. ... and there's Ayame-san's in the middle, huh. So there was a time when she could smile like this.

----------
[Kohran]

An' a time when she looked so smokin' hot in a ponytail that you could poach an egg on her stomach and eat it right off her.

[Ogami]

- can we PLEASE dispense with the running commentary on top of my own commentary!?

[Kohran]

Wow, you ain't even complainin' about the whole breach o' privacy thing?

[Ogami]

Well, no, but that's only because I've been living with a dedicated stalker and no less than two people who've put me under constant, slightly terrifying amounts of surveillance. More to the point, I'm going to stop speaking out loud now.

[Kohran]

Tsk. Killjoy.

----------

----------
[Kohran]

"Howdy-ho, Ah'm Ogami! Ah sure do like statin' th' obvious! This here's a window. You can see through it to things on th' other side. This one's really high-quality! Heck, you could even say that-"

[Kohran]

"- it's at th' top of its glass."

[Ogami]

----------

----------
[Kohran]

"An' these here are flowers! It's gotta be tough for these flowers to grow in a room that doesn't get a whole lotta sunlight, but Ah guess these flowers-"

[Kohran]

"- jes' rose to the occasion."

[Ogami]

... Kohran, please stop dubbing over my thoughts. Or at least knock it off with the puns. Where is your voice even COMING from!?

[Kohran]

Well, yer gettin' warmer, Ogami-han.

----------

----

----
[Ogami]

... though it's probably because of ALL THE NOISE that's been coming from the drat thing. And the wires.

[Kohran]

DING DING DING! We got us a winner right here, folks! Th' thing's a real beaut, ain't it? Look, it menaces wit' spikes of obsidian! Still, you're right about th' whole "standin' out" thing.

[Kohran]

In fact, y'all could say that it's-

[Kohran]

- out of this wor-

[Ogami]

PLEASE STOP.

[Ogami]

- and who is this strange man who keeps screaming in my ear!?

[Kohran]

Man, yer touchy tonight. Anyway, Ah got this lil' sucker from another dimension, thanks to a little machine that Ah like to call Mr. Dimension Hopper! This cross's got really good workmanship, an' all I had to do was go to some weirdo place where all th' men are short, bearded, an' perpetually angry and/or drunk.

[Ogami]

... Ireland?

[Kohran]

... eh, close enough.

[Ogami]

A-Anyway! Kohran, are you seriously telling me that you ripped a hole through the fabric of space-time to... buy furniture?

[Kohran]

Yup! Don't worry, it's 100% proven safe. Y'know, even for me. More importantly, take a closer look at th' thing, Ogami-han.

[Ogami]

What? I don't see anythi-

Obsidian Cross posted:

This is an obsidian cross. All craftsmanship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with platinum and encircled with marble. This object menaces with spikes of obsidian.
On the item is an image of a demon and humans in adamantine. A human is going stark-raving mad. A human is disappearing. A human is raising the Majinki. The humans are striking down the demon.
On the item is an image of Ichiro Ogami and pants. Ichiro Ogami is laughing. The pants are curled up in a fetal positi-

[Ogami]

... what the hell, Kohran?

[Kohran]

Ayame-han had been gettin' real paranoid about th' security in her room for some reason, so she's taken to inscribin' the contents of her journals an' documents all over the place.

[Ogami]

And... is it actually an effective security measure?

[Kohran]

Hey, you're th' one standin' in her room an' shamelessly readin' th' contents of her journals, you tell me how secure it is.

[Ogami]

... point taken. Well, it's time to do the only decent thing to do.

----------

----------
[Ogami]

Read 'em.

[Kohran]

Ah didn't expect anythin' less from our esteemed captain!

----------

Stating from the very FIRST option, here-

[KOUMA WAR DOCUMENTATION]

The "Kouma War" is the battle that took place between the Taisho Era's 4th and 7th years, fought against demons known as the "Kouma."
The damage from this war around the Nihonbashi area alone numbered in the tens of thousands of buildings, lands, civilians...
According to internal army estimates, the total cost of all damages is said to have amounted to about 100 million yen.

----------
[Ogami]

... wow, I remember back when the very prospect of 100 million yen's worth of collateral damage was terrifying and, you know-

[Kohran]

Not banal an' mundane?

[Ogami]

Yeah. Where DID it all go wrong?

[Kohran]

When y'all got called in to work here?

[Ogami]

... I was so young and innocent back then...

----------

[KOUMA WAR DOCUMENTATION]

Furthermore, according to military intelligence and historical analysis, the existence of "Kouma" has been verified from as far back as the ancient Warring States period.
"Kouma" are demons that possess living beings and grow by feeding on their negative emotions.
"Kouma" are a lower class of demon; those at the top are highly-developed, higher-class, humanoid Kouma.
The gigantic demon seen in during the "Kouma War" can be seen as a large-scale lower-class Kouma.
Furthermore, in the latter part of the "Kouma War," the individual strike force responsible for forcing the gigantic Kouma back underground-
- nicknamed the "Anti-Kouma Brigade"- suffered one casualty and one unit gone MIA. The brigade was subsequently disbanded.
This brigade's commander was one Lt. General Ikki Yoneda.

----------
[Ogami]

... aaaaand that's filed under "poo poo I've already known for at least the past few months." NEXT!

----------

IMPERIAL ASSAULT FORCE, FLOWER DIVISION - RECORDS

[Ogami]

The Flower Division... this is about us?

[FLOWER DIVISION - RECORD]

04/04 - Clear
Received a report that the Naval Ensign that Count Hanakoji transferred to us, Ichiro Ogami, has arrived at the Ginza base.
The one-year commemoration performance of "The Evening of Hashihime" was a success. With this, the theater's budget should remain stable.

04/05 - Sunny with some clouds
Received information that the Hive of Darkness has appeared in Ueno Park. Drawn out by what was probably the enemy's scouting force, this was the Flower Division's first actual sortie.
According to Commander Yoneda, Ensign Ogami's battle command was "good for a first-timer."

----------
[Ogami]

Really? All HE told me was "you fight like a limp-wristed flower-arranging wussosaurus" and flung an empty sake bottle at me.

[Ogami]

... though on hindsight, it WAS a really high-quality brand of sake.

[Kohran]

Awww, that's jes' his way of showing his love for ya, Ogami-han!

----------

04/12 - A calm and peaceful Japanese sky
Li Kohran is now attached to the Assault Force in Ginza. This was the mission she had been hoping for; she's fired up.
Commander Yoneda has ordered a final maintenance on the battle blimp, the Shogeimaru. Going to the Asakusa Flower Mansion by the Rolling Thunder.

----------
[Kohran]

An' Ah ain't ever stopped bein' fired up! Oh, the things Ah've learned an' the things Ah've seen!

[Ogami]

... oh, the things I've had nightmares about, and the pains I've experienced while under your knife...

[Kohran]

C'mon now, one man's trash is another man's treasure, an' all that!

[Ogami]

I- no, see, that saying REALLY falls apart when we're talking about my internal organs.

[Kohran]

An' some of yer external organs!

[Ogami]

... please don't remind me.

----------

05/13 - Clear
Met Ensign Ogami. A person pretty much as I'd expected, in a sense. I'm sure I can expect a lot from him.
The non-tactile control system has been completed. Completion of Iris' Koubu is drawing near.
The Shogeimaru's first sortie. Total amount of damages in the Flower Mansion's surrounding Asakusa area resulting from emergency launch are incalculable.

----------
[Ogami]

... but not TOO incalculable, given how many more times they launched the drat death contraption.

[Kohran]

That right there's like 50% of th' reason 100 million yen seems like jes' a drop in th' bucket, huh?

[Ogami]

And what the hell did Ayame-san mean by expecting things from me? Wasn't this basically the night she sucked my finger?

[Kohran]

Mebbe she jes' means somethin' like "well, if Ah sucked on his finger a bit, he'd become putty in my hands."

[Kohran]

... or mebbe "putty on my tongue" is 'bout right.

[Ogami]

Ah, the memories of my youth...

[Kohran]

- this written piece of work ain't a lemon or anythin', so keep yer thoughts on th' matter to yerself, okay?

----------

06/09 - Rain
Ensign Ogami was injured in today's battle; nothing major.
Kanna Kirishima has returned from Okinawa.
Maria is acting strange. She's hiding something out of uneasiness. Plan to try discussing with her soon.

----------
[Ogami]

... oh, yeah, "nothing major," she says.

[Kohran]

Well, not compared to th' usual, anyway.

[Ogami]

I guess that's true. And- drat, she really could have saved me a LOT of trouble if she'd actually bothered to talk to Maria.

[Kohran]

Mebbe she just wanted to... y'know-

----------

06/13 - Rain
Commander Yoneda brought before an investigative committee due to Maria's unauthorized individual sortie yesterday.
But it seems that Count Hanakoji and Tadayoshi Kanzaki were doing some work for us in the various military divisions.

06/14 - Clear
Commander Yoneda has returned to Ginza. Doesn't want to talk about what happened before the investigative committee.
Keeping this a secret from all the Flower Division members below Ensign Ogami. Will let Commander Yoneda's drinking habits pass today.

----------
[Kohran]

- watch Yoneda-han squirm a bit.

[Ogami]

Better him than m- I mean, I can't say I'm surprised.

----------

07/06 - Clear
Iris went on a rampage.
Received word from the Army's First Division that if she could not be stopped, they would open fire on her at sundown.
Ended without further incident, thankfully. Should ramp up Iris' rate of training by one level.

07/07 - Clear
Iris' rampage ended up in the "Imperial Capital Daily News." Commander Yoneda in a bad mood.
No summons from the investigative committee this time. To give him pressure from all sides?

----------
[Ogami]

It's a good thing I stopped her.

[Kohran]

'Cause you'd saved a lotta good Army folks' lives, huh?

[Ogami]

... well, more because the bullets and tank shells would only have fueled her rage, making her that much more terrifying when she inevitably cornered me.

[Kohran]

That too, Ah guess. Shame 'bout Robo-Ogami, tho'.

[Ogami]

... Kohran, how different do you suppose things would have gone if I'D gone on that date with Iris while the robot-me stayed behind in the theater?

[Kohran]

... you'd be dead as dirt while we'd have a gently caress-awesome robotic captain!

[Ogami]

Why did I expect any other answer?

----------

08/02 - Cloudy
Received reports from civilians; the first time that we were able to anticipate the Hive of Darkness' attacks before the fact.
The members chosen to investigate Fukagawa Mansion: Ensign Ogami, Sumire, Kanna.

08/03 - Cloudy
Fukagawa investigation complete. Choice of members was a success.
Ensign Ogami achieved a lot.
The enemy who called herself Miroku Hosokawa - Crimson Miroku- what did she mean by their "plan"?

----------
[Ogami]

"Achieved a lot"? ... you know, all I recall was being hurled off a cliff, in my Koubu, by my own drat squadmates.

[Kohran]

W- wait, Ogami-han, wasn't there somethin' else jes' as important? Y'know, like how Kanna an' Sumire-han opened up their hearts to you, an'-

[Ogami]

"Important?" They had the exact same life story with the details switched around a bit.

----------

08/16 - Clear
The understanding between Kohran and the rest of the division's members has deepened. Finally, the Flower Division has become one.
An extended performance of "The Journey to the West" has been decided. Sumire and Kanna's acting and Kohran's stage devices are popular.

----------
[Ogami]

Say, Kohran, whatever happened to those stage devices? You know, from that time you were annoyed that everyone said they could be scrapped after one use.

[Kohran]

They're livin' on in our hearts an' minds!

[Ogami]

... and in about fifty other devices, huh.

[Kohran]

I was being literal.

[Ogami]
(Don't ask don't tell don't ask don't tell don't ask don't-)

----------

09/01 - Clear
The Imperial Assault Force's steam-powered computation devices have succeeded in pinpointing the Hive of Darkness' main base.
However, lately, I've been sensing a bad feeling from the atmosphere.
Hopefully nothing bad will come from it.

----------
[Ogami]

Five months to pin down a base that had a main entrance on a busy street...

[Kohran]

Hey now, it didn't exactly occur to ANYONE to input mail addresses into th' search parameters. Th' hell were we supposed to know they went an' got themselves a mailing address goin' "Hive of Darkness"?

----------

10/10 - Clear
Every day of this past month has been like a storm. The Imperial Capital's facilities have recovered.
Ensign Ogami and the Flower Division are busy preparing for the theater's commemorative return performance.
This time's play is the "The Fiery Hell of the Serpent Woman."

11/23 - Clear
The final day of "Wings" with Kohran as the lead actress; though numerous problems came up during the performance, she did well.
Kohran's always aspired for an airplane. She was collecting parts at the Flower Mansion, bit by bit.

12/31 - Snow
New Year's Eve. A busy year has ended. So much really has happened this past year.
Right now, Ensign Ogami and the Flower Division are listening to "The Departing Year, The Coming Year" on the radio.
May next year be another good year.

01/02 - Clear
What we feared the most has become reality. The Kouma have suddenly appeared.
The demons that had been sealed deep beneath the earth.
"The Kouma War"... that tragedy must not repeat itself a second time.

[Ogami]

... it ends here.

----------
[Kohran]

Actually, there's a bit more on th' back.

[Ogami]

What, you mean like- more documents containing poo poo we already know, or more chronicling of my darkest days, or-

[Ogami]

----------

[Ogami]

... what is this...?

[01/01/1924 ~]

01/01 - Clear
The Flower Division has departed to the first shrine visit of the New Year (Hatsumode).
When I'm alone like this, I think of that person.
It's already been six years. Commander Yoneda, Colonel Shinguji, and... that person.
I wonder... how hard I looked for him?
How long have I been waiting for him to return?
I still can't forget... no, I won't forget. My memory of him won't fade.

01/02 - Clear
Aoi Satan. I sense something strange from him. Maybe it's because I fought him somewhere before?
No, that's wrong. I've met that man before. But when and where?
Aoi Satan... the leader of the Kouma. The traitor of the Hive of Darkness. He who sneers at justice.
I don't know. When I try to remember, I feel like my head's about to split.
... I don't know.

01/08 - Clear with snow
Sumire's birthday celebrations. For once, Sumire accepted everyone's blessings in an honest manner.
Sumire's changed quite a bit, along with me and everyone else.
Is this what it means to live?

02/02 - Clear
My headaches are horrible. Commander Yoneda is worrying about me.
Later this afternoon, I'll rest a bit.

02/09 - Rain
Remembered that Kanna is a licensed mariner, so I'm teaching her the controls of the Shogeimaru.
Planning to teach Kohran everything about managing the Flower Mansion branch.
So that they can do it all if I ever end up gone.

02/18 - Rain
When I looked at that photograph tonight, I couldn't stop crying.
That was our first and our last picture.
The Imperial Army's Anti-Kouma Brigade.
Back in a season when everything was brighter.
I can't ever return to those days.

02/22 - Rain
Lately, I've been seeing some strange dreams. Like when I'm looking at myself from the outside, there's something behind me.
What could it be?

[Ogami]

... it ends here.

----------
[Ogami]

And are you seriously telling me she's been going off the deep end for over a month and no one actually noticed?

[Ogami]

Kohran?

----------

NEXT TIME: Checking up on a few more giIA! IA! IA!
ETA: Five days? With some time taken to fix older images.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

BONUS
[Ogami]

So... when your dimensional splicer thing inevitably explodes, just like the rest of your inventions, it won't rip through ALL of space-time and blend dozens of dimensions into a giant clusterfuck world filled with stupid insane people from all over the multiverse, right?

[Kohran]

'Course not. That's jes' stupid.

[Ogami]

Oh. Good, that's at least one more thing I can cross off my list of terrifying things that could happen at this theater, I guess.

----
4-5 YEARS LATER:

[Ogami]

[Ken]

HADOOOKEN!

[Ryu]

FUCKYOOOUKEN STOP STEALING MY ATTACKS!

[Jin]

I'MFROMTEEEEKKEN!

[Akira]

RIDICULOUS-ATTACK-THAT-DOESN'T-RHYME-WITH-HADOOOKEN!

[Ogami]

[Sanger]

- and that's why a sword larger than my entire body couldn't possibly fit in my pocket, nor am I particularly happy to see you. Any questions?

[Morrigan]

IT WAS A EUPHEMISM, YOU IDIOT.

[X]

... so, Zero, IS that a sword in your pocket, or-

[Zero]

NO, X.

[KOS-MOS]

I suddenly require a cleaning and am not entirely sure why.

[Ogami]

[Frank]

I've covered wars, you know.

[Frank]

Wars.

[Ogami]

[???]

HOWDY PARDNER GIDDY-UP THAR ROOTIN'-TOOTIN' HIGH-FALOOTIN' YEE-HAW YIPPEE-KAYAY-YAY gently caress YEAH MURRIKA.

[Lei-Lei]

AIYA NI HAO XIE XIE LEI LEI ZAI JIAN YAMCHA CHOP SUEY KUNG POW ARU gently caress YEAH CHINA.

[???]

[???]

I'm French, so I speak Francis!

[Ogami]

[Ogami]

(How the hell could this possibly get any worse?)

[Sakura]

Hi! I'm the only other person accompanying you from the Flower Division!

And then ridiculous crossover shenanigans between Namco, Capcom, and Sega happened on the 3DS.

~THE END~

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 20, 2012

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

What the hell?!

At least Sakura Taisen isn't in Super Robot Wars.

Right?

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
Two spirit armor updates in a year? gently caress when did I die and why am I in heaven?

Also suffer Ogami suffer. oh dear lord I have missed this.

Is that a real game, or just a glory of Photoshop?

lishan1988
Mar 19, 2009

zerosix posted:

Is that a real game, or just a glory of Photoshop?

It's a real game :bravo2:
http://pxz.channel.or.jp/

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Which one is Pheonix Wright, which one is Waldo, and which one is Sissel?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This reminds me of why I'm still annoyed Kohran didn't win the vote. She's clearly the best.

PantsTheReaper
Aug 17, 2010

Spirit Armor posted:

BONUS SHENANIGANS

Please do more crazy poo poo. It is amazing on many levels.

Spirit Armor posted:

gently caress YEAH CHINA
Being a Chinese-American who's desperately holding onto the Chinese part, this has made me feel wonderful.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

This confuses me so much. All of these JRPG and fighting game characters and outta no where Frank loving West. :psyduck:

Also the fact that it looks like a Photoshopped picture doesn't help.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Roobanguy posted:

This confuses me so much. All of these JRPG and fighting game characters and outta no where Frank loving West. :psyduck:

Well, Frank is also a fighting game character nowadays so it still fits.

EDIT: Holy poo poo Resonance of Fate! I thought everyone had forgotten about that game!

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Aug 20, 2012

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Quick note:

Everyone posted:

IS THIS THE REAL LIFE, IS THIS JUST FANTASY

Oh,

it's

definitely

real

alright.

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 20, 2012

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Man, even his voice samples are hot-blooded :colbert:

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

You bastards have me mousing over emoticons in other threads.

Again.

I thought I was over this

why do I feel like an addict suffering a relapse

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
The dwarf-fortressy bits made me reflect that by the time this LP is done it will be a decent catalog of geek culture references for the first decade of the 21st century. It almost makes me want to go back and re-read from the beginning to see what else I can catch.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
It would be hard read. A lot of the pictures is missing from the beginning of this LP which makes me very sad, as I would love to read it. Well, actually, I haven't tried to get through it since last year, so maybe it is fixed?

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012

GrizzlyCow posted:

It would be hard read. A lot of the pictures is missing from the beginning of this LP which makes me very sad, as I would love to read it. Well, actually, I haven't tried to get through it since last year, so maybe it is fixed?

on this note: Spirit armor please, for the love of god, back up your hard drive TWICE. I don't know what i would do if it turns out that after the LP finishes a errant thunderstorm wipes your computer and we lose this LP to history.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Regular update!? YEAHHHHHHHHHH... the universe has right itself! Then Kohran broke it.

Love the bonus, please do more!

This thread deters me from using emoticons because I feel obligated to add a link to it.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
I think I have a problem. I read up to "he threw an empty sake bottle at my head" and though "that's just how he shows love!". Which was the next line.

I may have been reading this thread for a little too long :negative:

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Spirit Armor posted:

[???]

HOWDY PARDNER GIDDY-UP THAR ROOTIN'-TOOTIN' HIGH-FALOOTIN' YEE-HAW YIPPEE-KAYAY-YAY gently caress YEAH MURRIKA.

[???]

I'm French, so I speak Francis!

Judging by the fact that these characters are the only ones that don't have their names shown, is it safe to assume that they are from other Sakura Wars games?

Also, that sure was a recap episode!

Hooray, it's the apocalypse! Spirit Armor updated twice in less than 6 months!
Usually, the thread gets that many replies in that amount of time.

Schir fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 20, 2012

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Yeah, the red haired one is from So Long My Love, but I can't place the other one. Sakura Wars 3, maybe?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Schir posted:

Judging by the fact that these characters are the only ones that don't have their names shown, is it safe to assume that they are from other Sakura Wars games?
Yes, but you needn't worry about them because there are better characters in their respective entourages. :colbert:

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

Roobanguy posted:

Frank West confuses you but Ulala doesn't?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Longinus00 posted:

Frank West confuses you but Ulala doesn't?

Ulala's covered space wars. Those are way higher-test than regular wars.

Also, is that the first time you can read those notes, or can you sneak in at various other times? This seems like the sort of game where that would happen.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
In the old picture, who's that guy on the left next to Ayame? It's hard to tell because anime, but is that Satan?

CSI: Miami parodies still work no matter how many times I see them.

I don't know why, but that picture of Estelle posing next to Frank West just makes me crack up.

I basically don't recognize anyone from that image, but the girl in the red hat next to KOS-MOS seems naggingly familiar. Also, is Ragnite from Fire Emblem or something?

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Also, is Ragnite from Fire Emblem or something?

Pretty sure Ragnite was the Fantasy Super Crystal Fuel from the Valkyria Chronicles series.

You're probably thinking of Ragnell.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!

Raitzeno posted:

Pretty sure Ragnite was the Fantasy Super Crystal Fuel from the Valkyria Chronicles series.

You're probably thinking of Ragnell.

Or Ragnar, from Dragon Quest IV.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Artix74 posted:

Yeah, the red haired one is from So Long My Love, but I can't place the other one. Sakura Wars 3, maybe?

Yeah, Erica something-or-other. Haven't played SW3 at all myself, but I did run across this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVOHQbXD-Cg (Warning, SW3 spoiler. Duhhhhhh.)

...and yeah, the tradition of Ogami getting tormented by crazy women will never. Ever. End.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

I was wondering, most of the games in this mash up did come here in the west so is their a slight chance for this to come statesides? I also saw Capcom USA in the 2nd link so I wonder if that counts for anything.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

LaserShark posted:

...and yeah, the tradition of Ogami getting tormented by crazy women will never. Ever. End.
Until he starts pointing them at his nephew instead, anyway.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Whoop, delaying the next update a few days.

And then the update after THAT will probably be delayed for a little while longer, because we're leaving the country for a few weeks.

MORE INFORMATION FORTHCOMING ONCE I GET STUFF SORTED OUT

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Oh goody, no updates until mid-October! :v:

Everything is right (wrong?) with the world once again.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
You might want to lock the thread while you're out of the county just to be on the safe side. We don't want the mods to do it for you. :ohdear:

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Well at least we know why it's going to be delayed this time.

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Well at least we know why it's going to be delayed this time.

Didn't we know why the past times as well?

I mean, almost all of the time SA was delaying the updates because life was kicking his rear end.
At least, that's kinda what I assumed, what with him having law school and all that.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So I was reading about the Siberian Intervention (Japanese campaign against the Russian Revolution, cover for Japan's desire to steal the USSR's Pacific coast while it was still in revolutionary chaos) and it turns out the commander was one General...Tachibana. Made me think of our Maria.

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.
Probably her last name is a reference of some sort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stumbling Block
Nov 6, 2009
Well, all the girl's names are names of flowers if that's what you mean.

• Locked thread