Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.
I'd just like to give a shout-out to whoever designed that WaffleUpload program thingamajig. gently caress yes, no more manually uploading each screenshot individually. :swoon:

---------
:siren: VIDEO! :siren:

Google Version!
Youtube Version Coming Soon.

"It may seem ludicrous to think that a squad made up of six to eight semi-experimental, steam-powered 'spirit armor' units would be able to protect an entire city's capital from the beginnings of a full-fledged demonic invasion by the newly-revived Tenkai.

"Mankind had just started scratching the surface of steam-powered robotics mixed with fledgling spirit energy-related technologies, while Tenkai had been fielding demon-driven mechanical soldiers for centuries on end. By all rights, it should have been a lost cause. Given all the resources that he had at his command, we can only speculate as to why Tenkai never allowed his commanders to field more than two handfuls of Wakiji at any one time. Currently, the venerable Commander Yoneda's thoughts on the matter continue to be the most widely accepted theory:

"'I guess the dumb bastard couldn't count past ten.'"

- Excerpt from the 1977 edition of "Samurai Spirits: The History of the Flower Division," written by M. Sunnyside.

---------

Now that we've been handed the key to beating this level, it's time to--

NO, Kohran. :cry:

Alright, a quick rundown of the stage: it's basically three islands connected by series of docks. The Flower Division starts off on the rightmost island, Setsuna's located on the leftmost island, and the island in the middle is filled with Wakiji and, more annoyingly, obstacles.

It's a little harder to visualize than that, so here's a picture.

There are only two bridges to Setsuna's island, and the closest bridge, the one on the bottom, requires you to trigger that switch (the green square) with the super-heavy barrel (the dark yellow circle). The barrels (the dark grey circles) and the Wakiji (Mr. Not-Appearing-On-This-Map) are loving everywhere.

This would be more relevant if there was actually a time limit or something to this stage. There isn't, so we're doing this my way: have a picnic while destroying everything in sight. But first, some housekeeping.

----
[Ogami]

N-no, Kanna, that wasn't meant to be "adorable and freakin' hilarious," I really AM serious about protecting-- if you'd just stop laughing and listen to me--

[Maria]

... I think Kanna's dislocated her own jaw from laughing, Ensign.

[Ogami]

[Maria]

Oh, stop pouting, Ensign. At this rate, she won't be able to stop laughing for HOURS.
----

Wind strategy, for speed!

And I send Ogami running to the top bridge. He'll help hit the switch.

Kanna Kirishima, probably one of the most brutal Koubu pilots on the entire team. She plays like a more extreme version of Sakura- pure melee, all offense, and paper armor.

Kanna's got a killer movement range, but more importantly, she's got the most useful skill in the brigade:

----

The ability to jump over any mech as if it weren't there. No getting stuck in a corner for HER!

No measly barrel will keep Kanna from her God-given duty of ripping and tearing. This, incidentally, makes her ideal for ruining the Wakiji's poo poo running interference before anyone else can get there.

----
[Kanna]

It's almost as if... as if this stage... it was made for me...

[Ogami]

K-Kanna?! Where are you going?! You're getting too close to the enemies!!
----

----
[Kohran]

Maria-han? What's wrong with Kanna?! She's blowin' all her spirit energy on a measly little Wakiji!!

[Maria]

Just stay back, Kohran. Once she gets into this mindset, there's no getting in her way.

[Kanna]

DRR... DRR... DRR... HURR, HURR, HURR.
----

----

"This'll hurt like hell when it hits!!"

"SUPER RINPAI!!"

----
[Ogami]

... o-oh my god... Kanna... Kanna's gone berserk...

[Maria]

Just try not to watch, Ensign.

[Ogami]

I-I never knew that Wakiji could cry like tha- wait, why's she getting out of her Koubu?

[Maria]

So that she can pulp its head with two of her index fingers?

[Ogami]

What? That can't be physically poss-

[Ogami]

Oh. Okay, so i-it IS possible. I think I'm going to vomit now.

[Maria]

In your own cockpit, Ensign? That wouldn't be very good, so try not to imagine her doing that to a human head.

[Ogami]

...... oh goddamn it, Mariurpihgblraghbbrragfgghbh. :barf:
----

----
[Ogami]

Y... you really don't want to know what I'M feeling right about now.
----

Kohran, not being Kanna, has to deal with this obstacle in a more conventional fashion.

Sure, we're doing all the work for the enemy, but no one cares about THAT.

The most sensible thing to do, of course, would be to wean Sakura of her addiction to Ogami by forcing them to remain separated.

----
[Sakura]

Oh, Ogami-san... even at this distance, I can smell your ambrosia-like scent. And that's wonderful.

[Ogami]

... um.
----

What? I said that that'd be the SENSIBLE thing to do.

----
[Sakura]

Oh dear, it looks like my Koubu's been damaged!

[Ogami]

... it looks fine to me? I mean, aside from the fact that you used your own sword to cut at your own Koubu's engine, but--

[Sakura]

Now I'll have to join Ogami-san in HIS Koubu and cuddle up with him so that I won't freeze to death.

[Ogami]

Wha...? Sakura, it's JUNE, I don't think--

[Sakura]

Whoops, looks like my clothes were damaged, too! Now I HAVE to go join you in your Koubu so that I won't freeze to death.

[Ogami]

... I'm going to need an adult. And five more restraining orders.
----

:gonk:

... fine, fine, I'll throw Maria in to act as her probation officer.

And with Sumire accompanying Kohran and Kanna, we've got three Koubu working on each avenue of entry.

[Sumire]

N... not at all. Who'd be worried about someone like you, Kanna-san...

[Kanna]

Heh heh heh heh! Well, that's just about what I'd expected~.

[Sumire]

Kiiiiiiii!! What is WITH that easy composure? Even though you're just a gorilla woman!

[Kanna]

Whoa, scary!! Right, let's get back to this battle. Seeya, cactus woman!

[Sumire]

Will you stop being so noisy?! ... honestly, you're just as irritating as ever!

... they bicker like an old married couple. :raise:

----
[Ogami]

Aah, I'll do my best!

[Kanna]

We're counting on you, Captain! The fate of the world is in your ha- snrkHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

[Ogami]

DAMMIT KANNA.
----

----
[Ogami]

... oh, those drat roadblocking barrels. So Setsuna's found a way to turn them against us, has he?!

[Setsuna]

... actually, they were like that when I got here.

[Ogami]

.... really?

[Setsuna]

Yes. Your government is actually made up of a bunch of sadistic voyeurs, which is why they transferred you into such a "secret brigade" and threw you into a ridiculously unlikely situation, where attractive women are always fighting over you and where your enemies are all idiots.
Since day one, you've been on candid camera, and people have been laughing at your exploits ever since.

[Ogami]

[Setsuna]

Also, I'm twelve years old. Kyaha~!

[Ogami]

I'll not be having any more of your filthy lies, demon!
----

Well, Kanna DID want me to take a guy down in one hit.

... and who am I to deny her?

There's just no pleasing everyone, is there. :(

----

Aww, isn't that cute? They're trying to block Kanna off with those barrels.

Y'know, as if those barrels have any chance of stopping her ruthless, bloody advance.

----

Aaaaand while Kanna's off crushing heads, Kohran keeps on trailblazing.

----

----

On the other side of the island, Sakura finally breaks through! Now she can actually get to the switch in a turn or so.

... at the cost of most of Sakura's life.

----

----
[Kanna]

You know, with how you bent time and space to protect me like that.

[Ogami]

HAH! Who's laughing now, bitch?!

[Kanna]

Whoa there, Captain, I think you're mistaken! We decided that SUMIRE's the bitch, remember?

[Sumire]

Wha- we decided no such thing!

[Kanna]

Yeah we did! When we were talking about the whole "dogs of the military" thing. Ain't that right, Captain?

[Ogami]

Hmmm, I see. You DO have a point there.

[Sumire]

DON'T BE SO EASILY CONVINCED!!
----

----

Meanwhile, Sakura continues getting her rear end beaten down.

----

... while Ogami scrambles and dashes over to protect Kanna whenever SHE'S in danger of being attacked.

----
[Sakura]

Isn't this discrimination?

[Ogami]

In the great religious ritual of life, some of us are just destined to be the ones who are bloodily sacrificed to the gods, Sakura.

[Sakura]

... I'm just a sacrifice?

[Ogami]

The scientific term is "meatshield," Sakura.
----

----

----
[Kanna]

Hahaha... ow, my arm.

[Ogami]

O-oh my god, Sumire just cut through Kanna-- are you alright?!

[Kanna]

This wound? Don't worry, Ensign, it'll just go away if I eat enough meat!

[Ogami]

W-wait. Are you telling me that you can grow back ENTIRE LIMBS?!

[Maria]

... we ARE talking about a woman who swam god knows HOW far to reach the capital, Ensign.
----

----

And now Ogami, too, knows how it feels to be cockblocked. :gonk:

Fine, I'll just go hang with Maria instead. :colbert:

----
[Ogami]

... well, while I'm here, I'd better see what's the matter with Maria. Why'd she be late to something like that?

[Ogami]

But-- I might piss her off if I'm too blunt. Alright, I'd better be subtle about it and not rub it into her face.
----

[Ogami]

Maria... what happened back there? To think that you'd be late to an emergency meeting...

[Maria]

----
[Ogami]

gently caress on a stick.
----

[Ogami]

Maria.....

----
[Maria]

No, and you're a dick for asking.

[Ogami]

Man, you thought THAT answer was bad? You should've seen my third answer choice.

[Maria]

Excuse me?

[Ogami]

You know... the little multiple-choice answer windows that pop up at the junction of every important decision?

[Maria]

[Ogami]

... don't you guys see the dialogue windows, too?

[Maria]

Dialogue-- ... ensign, what the hell are you talking about?

[Ogami]

N-nothing at all!

[Ogami]

... nothing at all.
----

[Ogami]

Is there something that's making you worry? If you'd like... I can become your strength.

[Maria]

[Ogami]

Maria....

[Maria]

Ensign... do you see dreams....?

[Ogami]

Eh...?

[Maria]

No... it's nothing. Thank you for your consideration...
Now then... closing communications.

[Ogami]

Maria.....

Well, now that Kanna's single-handedly cleared out half of the stage, we can come pretty close to wrapping this up.

"Ready your gun!"

"Ready your fists!"

Hells yeah, combination attack!!

NEXT TIME: Battle's Closed.
(ETA: Two Days)

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Dec 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.
You... you were uploading them individually!? :suicide:

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

seorin posted:

You... you were uploading them individually!? :suicide:

Yeah.

I didn't actually learn how to use WaffleUpload until your post in that How To thread. What's even worse is that I might've tried to install it before, but couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do afterwards.

HURR. :downs:

EDIT: Updated the Table of Contents in the thread's very first post. It actually looks like a Table of Contents now!

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Circumstances have gone beyond my control.

Spirit Armor posted:

And believe me, I plan to make it as far as V (however long THAT'LL take).

Godspeed, you glorious bastard. :patriot:

Spirit Armor posted:

Sorry, man. Granted, I've become a bit paranoid after getting probated, so let me know if you guys find anything that says otherwise (I know that one or two people have been uploading songs/soundtracks for their LPs, so....)

I dunno, would going through PM be safe?

The cameltoe... oh, the cameltoe... :gonk:

Grunduggerer
Jan 20, 2007
Kanna understands Sumire. See, the more you tease Sumire the more she likes you. And if one day the boat you're on mysteriously sinks and you have to swim from Okinawa to Tokyo, that's just Sumire's way of teasing you back. :3:

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Spirit Armor posted:

Yeah.

I didn't actually learn how to use WaffleUpload until your post in that How To thread. What's even worse is that I might've tried to install it before, but couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do afterwards.

HURR. :downs:

EDIT: Updated the Table of Contents in the thread's very first post. It actually looks like a Table of Contents now!

It actually took me awhile to figure out what it did after I installed it, too. We can be brothers in downs. :downs::hf::downs:

I'm glad my post over there helped somebody, at least :) The thread seemed to think awful fast after I wrote it and I was worried not a lot of people who could really benefit from it would see it.

Also, if you couldn't tell, I'm still reading and enjoying. I just don't think to post that often :sweatdrop:

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
is it too late for me to chime in for my vote for Maria?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ah. Now I see how Maria honed her sniper skill.

Just _trying_ to pick something off with Kanna breaking its face requires either surgical precision or indiscriminate mayhem.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Hokuto posted:

It's worth mentioning that Sakura Wars DS is due out in Spring 2008. All that's available on the site is very barebones information, with nothing about how the game will play, but if the splash image of 18 girls is accurate in any way, then jesus christ that's a lot of girls to hit on.

It's, oddly enough, a Roguelike, in the Mysterious Dungeon mode, but with girl interaction and party-joining available.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Has anyone kept count of how many votes have been put down, and for whom?

Also, exploding barrels. Totally called it. :clint:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Kanna's mech is the stompy to Kohran's shooty. Da red onez go fasta.

Dominic Hokage
Nov 11, 2003

Morgenthau posted:

You say that like it's a bad thing. :colbert:

Though one-piece swimsuits and skin-tight leggings would have been scandalous in 1920s Japan.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Morgenthau posted:

I dunno, would going through PM be safe?

... probably! However, it's another $10 to upgrade your account to be able to send/receive PMs.

Morgenthau posted:

... actually, I'm just curious as to how her foot bends like that.

Grunduggerer posted:

Kanna understands Sumire. See, the more you tease Sumire the more she likes you. And if one day the boat you're on mysteriously sinks and you have to swim from Okinawa to Tokyo, that's just Sumire's way of teasing you back. :3:

Sumire: Sinking boats with the power of money?

seorin posted:

I'm glad my post over there helped somebody, at least The thread seemed to think awful fast after I wrote it and I was worried not a lot of people who could really benefit from it would see it.

You'd THINK that something like that would be stickied, but... :confused:

seorin posted:

Also, if you couldn't tell, I'm still reading and enjoying. I just don't think to post that often

Don't worry, I know how that is. :v: Save for brick-making GBS threads situations, I tend to do the same thing with every thread I follow. Glad you're enjoying it!

Luckyellow posted:

is it too late for me to chime in for my vote for Maria?

It's far from 'too late'. Vote noted!

Glazius posted:

Ah. Now I see how Maria honed her sniper skill.

Just _trying_ to pick something off with Kanna breaking its face requires either surgical precision or indiscriminate mayhem.

Well, you have to remember that the two possibilities aren't mutually exclusive. :black101:

Hokuto posted:

It's worth mentioning that Sakura Wars DS is due out in Spring 2008. All that's available on the site is very barebones information, with nothing about how the game will play, but if the splash image of 18 girls is accurate in any way, then jesus christ that's a lot of girls to hit on.

Mandoric posted:

It's, oddly enough, a Roguelike, in the Mysterious Dungeon mode, but with girl interaction and party-joining available.

It looks like it's either going to be really awesome (every pilot from every series!) or really horrible (Mysterious Dungeon?!), but either way it's going to be all sorts of trippy.

I'm STILL not sure what it is they're supposed to be fighting in those screenshots. :gonk:

Wyvernil posted:

Has anyone kept count of how many votes have been put down, and for whom?

Also, exploding barrels. Totally called it.

I do!

... I'll post 'em later, once I tally up the newest votes. :iamafag:

Exploding ANYTHINGS seems to be a trend in this game. I wouldn't be surprised if trees or bushes exploded in a giant red fireball.

Sindai posted:

Kanna's mech is the stompy to Kohran's shooty. Da red onez go fasta.

This man speaks truth. :colbert:

Dominic Hokage posted:

Though one-piece swimsuits and skin-tight leggings would have been scandalous in--

Steam power did it. :geno:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Can I vote for Sumire and Kanna to get married?

Grunduggerer
Jan 20, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

Sumire: Sinking boats with the power of money?

I don't care if hundreds drown, captain! You are a Kanzaki Heavy Industries employee and so you must obey! I was MILDLY SLIGHTED by that woman! MILDLY SLIGHTED!!!

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I managed to get the PC version of Sakura Wars 2 running. Check out what you guys have to look forward to!

AAAGHGHGAGH :gonk:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Spirit Armor posted:

Well, you have to remember that the two possibilities aren't mutually exclusive. :black101:

Yes, and Kohran is the second possibility. Because Kanna wouldn't die from a little thing like a point-blank exploding shell. Or, y'know, 20 such little things.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

Can I vote for Sumire and Kanna to get married?

... sure you can! And as a bonus, I'll also be holding on to your vote for Sumire. :v:

Grunduggerer posted:

Sumire

That'll only make Sumire the second Flower Division member to send hundreds of sentient beings to their untimely demise. Ah, Chibi-Robo Army...

Hokuto posted:

I managed to get the PC version of Sakura Wars 2 running. Check out what you guys have to look forward to!

Good god! What have you done? You've spoiled the entire second game!! I was waiting until later to reveal that the sequel's actually called "Sakura Wars 2: All Iris, All the Time." :argh:

Glazius posted:

Yes, and Kohran is the second possibility. Because Kanna wouldn't die from a little thing like a point-blank exploding shell. Or, y'know, 20 such little things.

She's the motherfucking Kool-Aid man Kanna. There are few things that can stand in her way.

Also, votes so far:

Sumire: 16
Maria: 14
Kohran: 8
Iris: 4 ( :gonk: )
Kanna: 3
One vote to hook up with, and then dump, Sakura
One vote for Sumire and Kanna to get married

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Oct 22, 2007

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

---------
:siren: VIDEO! :siren:

The second half of the battle!

Google Version! It won't work no matter how many times I reupload it. :gonk: I'll figure something out later. For now--
Youtube Version is go!

"Recent excavations of the base of operations used by the infamous Hive of Darkness have revealed a startling number of long-lost artifacts and ancient documents, most of which have deteriorated beyond legibility.

"The most startling discovery has been a copy of what historians believe was Pale-Blue Setsuna's contract. Intriguingly enough, it appears that Tenkai merely paid him by the hour, which would explain the numerous discrepancies apparent in the government's report of the battle of Tsukiji (for instance, the fact that Setsuna had simply stood around for twenty minutes while the Flower Division chatted idly amongst themselves)."

- Excerpt from the "Imperial Capital Times," dated back to May 14th, 1973.
---------

[Kohran]

Heheh~n! Let's keep on truckin'!

:hurr:

And, after Sakura uses her Koubu to effortlessly push a barrel weighing as much as her OWN Koubu onto a ginourmous switch, there's our bridge to the boss. Sweet!

----
[Ayame]

Ensign Ogami, your text is leaking out of your dialogue box again.

[Ogami]

Ah, whoops. Yessir, I'll be more careful in the futu-

[Ogami]

... w-wait. You can see the dialogue window too? HOW?!

[Ayame]

Ufufu... that's classified information.
----

Better make sure that Sakura's health doesn't fall into dangerous straits.

Good god, why does Sakura attract so much incoming fire?

Watch out, Kanna, it's sneaking up on--

OH FOR gently caress'S SAKE. It's almost as if these Wakiji are able to pick up on Sakura's stalker aura, thus determining her to be the greatest threat.

Weeeeell. It's not like I actually need to SAVE UP their spirit gauge- this is the second-to-last Wakiji on the field.

----

Now to sit back, relax, and listen to everyone talk to Kanna.

[Maria]

That's true... how are you doing? Have your arms weakened at all?

[Kanna]

Heheheh, just leave it to me. These kinds of guys are like scraps of paper compared to me.

[Maria]

Hmhmhm... when you say that, Kanna, it doesn't sound at all like a lie. We're relying on you.

[Kanna]

Aah, of course! Maria... let's end this battle!!

[Maria]

Understood!

Interestingly enough, we've got an event this turn.

... an event as inescapable as Iris's overwhelming, all-seeing presence.

[Ogami]

Eek?! E, even if you say something like that...

W-wait a second.

Chapter One posted:

What in the world happened to THAT?!

----

Yeah, I'm SURE there'll be no problem with airlifting a nine-year-old girl into a battlefield dominated by mecha.

So... no.

[Ogami]

Be a good girl and stay patient, okay? Do you understand, Iris?

That's right, Ogami, put your foot down like a real man. No more being Iris's boy toy. :colbert:

And thus began the most asinine conversation you'll ever see in this game.

[Ogami]

Eek?! B, but.... we're in the middle of battle, and....

[Iris]

No... I want to play with you, Oniichan---!

[Ogami]

O... okay. We'll hurry and finish this fight, and then come straight home... okay?

[Iris]

"Come straight home"... what time?

[Ogami]

N, no, well... straight home means straight home. Just a bit longer, okay?

[Iris]

Okay... that's a promise. When you get back, play with Iris.

[Ogami]

Aah, I promise. Right then, I'm going back to the battle, so...

[Iris]

Yup! Oniichan, do your best!!

... :wtc:

There you have it, folks: that's our wonderfully courageous hero, the man who champions justice and gets pushed around by a nine-year-old demonspawn antichrist girl.

----
[Iris]

Are you done yet?

[Ogami]

Not yet, Iris.

[Iris]

Are you done yet NOW?

[Ogami]

... y-you've been asking the same thing every thirty seconds, Iris, now will you just--

[Iris]

Are you done yeeeeeet?

[Ogami]

NO.

[Iris]

[Ogami]

*BZZT* ALL UNITS RETREAT. WE'RE GOING HOME SO THAT ONIICHAN CAN PLAY WITH IRIS.
----

[Ogami]

You look like you've having fun, Kanna. But... negligence is our greatest enemy.

[Kanna]

I know, I know! Just who do you think I am? I'm the successor to the Kirishima school of Ryukyu Karate!
I can beat these kinds of enemies to a bloody pulp all by myself!

... she's got you there, man.

[Ogami]

I suppose...

You know, all one of them.

[Kanna]

Heheheh! I know, I know. Let's have some fun with 'em together!!
These fists of mine, trained by my father... this is the time to use 'em.
I'll tear into them in one go and kick all their asses!
Captain! Sitting in the back doesn't fit me at all. Let me fight from the front lines, alright!!

[Ogami]

Got it! Go in and knock them all down for us!!

Kanna is, of course, all too willing to comply.

----

----

----

----

Everyone was impressed by Kanna's display of strength and skill!

... maybe a little TOO impressed.

[Kanna]

But... I'm tellin' you, I'm a woman.

[Kohran]

That's right, that's right. But ya know... if you were a man, Kanna-han...
It's jes' that you'd make a great subject for a laboratory experiment.

She's not even trying to hide it anymore. :smith:

[Kanna]

A... a laboratory experiment subject?!

[Kohran]

Welp... it can't be helped, so I guess I'll jes' stick with experiments on Ogami-han.

[Kanna]

I, I'll just leave that to you, then.... ahahahahaha... so, uh, I'll just be going back to the fight now.

----
[Kohran]

But if ya ever find yourself wantin' a metal jaw or a pair of boob missiles--

[Kanna]

Haha, no, seriously, I'M FINE.
----

I'm guessing that Kanna's impression of the new recruits have taken something of a plunge after that conversation.

TRANSLATION: "Don't underestimate me. I see you as competition. You will pay."

[Kanna]

Aah, don't worry about it. If it gets bad, I'll jump in and help you out.

[Sakura]

Yes! Thank you very much!

TRANSLATION: "Thank you, you wonderfully idiotic fool, that'll give me the perfect opportunity to dispose of you while you're not looking, should the need arise!"

[Kanna]

A~lright! Let's hurry up and finish this up, jump into the baths, and get somethin' to eat!!

[Sakura]

Okay! I'll do my best!!

TRANSLATION: "... to make sure that you will never lay a single finger upon my beloved Ogami's finely-muscled arms, deliciously toned abs, or delightfully spikey hair!"

Aaaand from 6:15 on, there's really nothing left except for footage of Ogami and his team trying to get over that bridge.

Time skip!

It took way too long to get even ONE Koubu across that bridge. Cursed movement phases. :argh:

... you can tell who hadn't been listening to the briefing.

----
[Setsuna]

Hahahaha! Flower Division! I've fooled you!! All those barrels you destroyed... they were filled with KITTENS.
Weep and despair at your unintentional slaughter of HUNDREDS!!

[Sakura]

What? You horrible fiend!!

[Sumire]

I, Sumire Kanzaki, will never forgive you!

[Maria]

Did you really think this will stop us? You've only redoubled our determination to drive you back to hell.

[Kanna]

Yeah, like this'll hold us up from kickin' your rear end! I mean, I EAT kittens for breakfast!!!

[Sumire]

[Maria]

[Ogami]

... Kanna...

[Kanna]

A-ah heh. I meant, uh, "chips and fish." Haha, I must've misspoke.

[Maria]

... deep-fried, lathered in gravy, and cooked in their own sad little kitten tears, Kanna?

[Kanna]

Yeah, exactly! It ain't wholesome, but it's finger-lickin' delicious--

[Kanna]

-- gently caress.
----

Well... yes, since you just stood around for most of the battle while the team was having their afternoon chat?

Whoosh! Mecha acrobatics!

Along with meaningless, testosterone-laden shows of violence!

But forget THAT, it's time to rumble! gently caress YES, BOSS FI--

Wait.

... it's that kid. It's that kid from the very beginning of the battle.

You have got to be kidding me.

Yes. Because he didn't have the brains to get the heck out of dodge or to move AWAY from the barrel-smackin' Setsuna or even to just leave the house through the back door.

----

One second to make this decision--

----

Chunkachunkachunkachunka--

--chunkachunkachunkachunka

----

EXTREEEEEM PROTECTION!!

----

Yeah, kid, you'd BETTER run! You're about to have this man's blood on your hands in about t-minus three, two, one--

[Ogami]

GWWAAAAAaaaaarrrgh....!!

(CLANG)

----

... and Setsuna... flees after delivering that burn. :confused:

Hee hee, he runs like Donkey Kong.

----

And swims like a fish. Maybe.

---------
:siren: Optional Video of the Previous Scene!

Google Version!
Youtube Version Coming Soon.
---------

Well, now that THAT'S over with, would a victory pose be too much to ask for?

... Ogami?

----
[Ogami]

----

Uh. Hold on a sec, let's have an instant action replay on that hit. It couldn't have hurt him THAT m--

... oh.

Oh.

Well. drat. Nice knowin' you, Ogami. :patriot:

NEXT TIME (ETA 3-4 days?): Oh hoh, why not enjoy your afterlife?

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Dec 7, 2012

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

The last video doesn't work.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Reatheran posted:

The last video doesn't work.

Huh. I'm not exactly sure which video you mean, but...

The video at the end of the update (the battle's end one) works just fine for me-- however, it's the video at the START of the update (the battle p2 one) that's giving me problems.

If we're having problems with different videos, it might just be Google Video going bonkers. Thanks for the heads up, though- if it's not fixed by tomorrow, I'll re-upload both of them.

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

Huh. I'm not exactly sure which video you mean, but...

The video at the end of the update (the battle's end one) works just fine for me-- however, it's the video at the START of the update (the battle p2 one) that's giving me problems.

If we're having problems with different videos, it might just be Google Video going bonkers. Thanks for the heads up, though- if it's not fixed by tomorrow, I'll re-upload both of them.

I ment the first one, sorry. Just gives me an error message.

Dominic Hokage
Nov 11, 2003

An injured Ogami is a thinly-veiled excuse for all the girls to show their 'appreciation' of him. This is a law of dating games. What doesn't kill you will make you... Uh...

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Dominic Hokage posted:

An injured Ogami is a thinly-veiled excuse for all the girls to show their 'appreciation' of him. This is a law of dating games. What doesn't kill you will make you... Uh...
Raped?
Groped?
Brainsucked by Iris?

Cuveball Sliders
Oct 9, 2007

Sylphosaurus posted:

Raped?
Groped?
Brainsucked by Iris?

At first I read that as "brainfucked."

Which, given who we're talking about... :gonk:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Coulda been worse.

Coulda been nuns and dynamite.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

H'okay! The last update's been changed- I can't get the non-working video to work on Google Video, but I HAVE managed to upload it to YouTube.

... I'm going to go sleep for about thirteen hours now. Might tinker with the update later- it was kinda rushed.

Dominic Hokage
Nov 11, 2003

Spirit Armor posted:

... I'm going to go sleep for about thirteen hours now. Might tinker with the update later- it was kinda rushed.

By all means, have a rest! We can wait more than a couple of days between updates.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
So, does anyone want to speculate on how Sakura will react if Ogami really is killed?

Also, I voted Maria, right? Out of curiosity really, not a real liking. And having seen the voting as it stands now, I urge everyone not to throw your vote away on someone who has no chance!

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Tomn posted:

So, does anyone want to speculate on how Sakura will react if Ogami really is killed?

Also, I voted Maria, right? Out of curiosity really, not a real liking. And having seen the voting as it stands now, I urge everyone not to throw your vote away on someone who has no chance!

Curse you, I will vote for Sakura if I want to!

...okay, I don't want to. Also, I think that if Ogami was really killed, Sakura would pretty much go from 'creepy stalker' to 'psychopathic killer,' starting with everyone in the theater and working out until she murders anyone who might have even been vaguely related with Ogami's death (or until she's caught.)

So, probably not much different.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Hokuto posted:

:gonk: OH GOD GET IT OFF ME GET IT OFF ME!

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Tomn posted:

I urge everyone not to throw your vote away on someone who has no chance!
Bah! I'll vote for Kanna because she's made of win and awesome. I don't care that a certain emo russkie has the lead, this game isn't over yet after all.

By the way, do the sequels state who Ogami went for in the previous titles or do you start with a blank slate every time?

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Sylphosaurus posted:

By the way, do the sequels state who Ogami went for in the previous titles or do you start with a blank slate every time?

In 2, at the start, you get the option of choosing one person that you have a soft spot for, and you can have a nice little moment with them in the beginning of the game and have a chance to win a few points with them right off the bat. That's all I remember 2 letting you do.

In 3 for Dreamcast, it will check over your system file data from 1 and 2 at the start. When Ogami is spending time at the beginning reminiscing about all the good times he's had, you normally get sepia images of key events and characters, but for those whom you've gotten an ending for previously, their pictures are full color and bigger.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Having just finished this thread, I want to cast my vote for Maria, because she's the hottest. And because maybe if Ogami starts getting close to her, she'll turn out to be just as insane as the rest of the cast, and that would be great.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Votes noted!

Also- I'm really sorry, guys, but the next update's going to be (more) delayed (than it already is). I haven't actually had time to start working on it until last night, so it'll most likely be another two days until I manage to crank something out.

Regardless, I've been hopping around Wikipedia a bit...

Sakura's VA (Chisa Yokoyama) voiced a pretty wide range of characters, such as that green-haired, face-punching mecha pilot from a space opera/mecha parody, Ayeka's little sister in a classic harem anime and all its spinoffs, and even the lego men from that one Megaman spinoff.

Sumire's VA (Michie Tomizawa) is a Sailor Scout. She's also Marjorly from that weird singing game by Nippon Ichi.

Maria's VA (Urara Takano) is apparently the voice of Raichu. She also dubs for a whole lot of American shows in Japan, apparently. Like Montana Max.

Iris's VA (Kumiko Nishihara) voiced a cat, another cat, and what may or may not be Iris's true form.

Kohran's VA (Yuriko Fuchizaki) voices Keiichi's younger sister in that Dial-A-Girlfriend Goddess series, as well as the girl who gets slapped a lot from a fairly revolutionary mindfuck.

Kanna's VA (Mayumi Tanaka) voices a bald guy from Dragonball, a monkey from a pirate show (that's Monkey D. Luffy), and Another Megaman. She even voiced John Connor.

Now you too shall never see these characters the same way again! :iamafag:

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 28, 2007

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Spirit Armor posted:

Kanna's VA (Mayumi Tanaka) voices a bald guy from Dragonball, a monkey from a pirate show (that's Monkey D. Luffy), and Another Megaman. She even voiced John Connor.
Mind blown.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
While we're on the subject of voice actors, Michie Tomizawa's retirement was a really huge deal in the Sakura Wars community, where she and the others were quite active putting on musical shows and doing CD dramas even when not recording for any of the games or anime.

They even made it an official in-game event in Sakura Wars 4, where Sumire officially announced her retirement from the stage. This is why we don't have a Sakura Wars 2 remake for PS2. They also made a "Sumire Special" OVA as a last farewell in her honor. This does have a US release.

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 28, 2007

Grunduggerer
Jan 20, 2007
nevermind

Grunduggerer fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Oct 29, 2007

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Sindai posted:

Mind blown.

I'll never be able to hear Krillin without hearing Kanna's voice. Ever again.

Hokuto posted:

They even made it an official in-game event in Sakura Wars 4, where Sumire officially announced her retirement from the stage. This is why we don't have a Sakura Wars 2 remake for PS2. They also made a "Sumire Special" OVA as a last farewell in her honor. This does have a US release.

Huh, I never knew that they'd worked it into Sakura Wars 4. I probably missed it.

I've heard that Michie Tomozawa's been making cameos in Sakura Wars-related productions, even after her retirement- and if I'm not mistaken, they're making an Imperial Capital-based Sakura Wars Monogatari game similar to the one that was set in Paris. Sumire just might return after all? ... or I can always hope. :frogbon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

----
[Ogami]

Wh... where am I?

[Ogami]

... well, if you could get me out of the theater and reassigned to a safer mission, like in a warzone or something...

[Elizabeth]

I was referring to the immediate present... but that appears to be besides the point. Igor?

[???]

So he's awake, is he? Well then, let's get down to business.

[Ogami]

... huh?

[Ogami]

Wait wait wait-- I'm dead?

[Elizabeth]

Yes. Now, if you'd please come towards the light...

[Ogami]

You mean that I'd survived through these past months of being verbally, physically, and mentally violated by a gaggle of completely insane girls just to get offed by some kind of midboss midget clown?!

[Elizabeth]

Yes, that appears to be the case.

[???]

Hold on just a second- Ogami?! By god, is that you?

[Ogami]

Manager Yoneda?! Why was she calling you Igor--

[Yoneda]

Oh, I'm just filling in for the old geezer who usually works here. But... look at YOU! You haven't changed at all since the last time I saw you!

[Ogami]

... two hours ago.

[Yoneda]

More like a century ago, but who's counting?

[Ogami]

WHAT?! But- how- that- you're- I'm--

[Yoneda]

Now, now, don't sweat the small stuff, a bit of time paradox never hurt anyone!

--
[???]

Man, saving the world sure is simple!

[???]

I know, right? All we had to DO was go into the ruined future, find out about Lavos, and kick his rear end. Piece of cake.

[???]

*Beepbeepboopbeepbop* Wait, but... the ruined future isn't ruined anymore.

[???]

Hah? What're you talking about?

[???]

Don't you see? We defeated Lavos before he ruined the future, right? So you DIDN'T go into the ruined future and learn about the Lavos who ruined the future, because you stopped him from ruining the future in the first place.

[???]

... oh. Right. Well, it's not like we've created a giant loving time paradox or anythi--

... ALL THINGS BEGIN WITH NU....

... ALL THINGS END WITH NU...

[???]

... godDAMNit.
--

[Yoneda]

Anyways, we don't have a lot of time left- ask me anything you want!

[Ogami]

Well, it's not like things can get any MORE hosed up. How about a hint about the future?

[Yoneda]

Whatever you do, don't let yourself get assigned to the Imperial Assault Force.

[Ogami]

Too late.

[Yoneda]

... don't let Sakura Shinguji get too attached to you? Try not to enter Kohran's room if you can help it? Try not to sortie immediately after Kanna breaks your jaw in three places?

[Ogami]

Too late. On all three counts.

[Yoneda]

Son of a bitch. Sorry, Ogami, but it looks like you're completely loving screwed.

[Ogami]

... well, okay, isn't there anything that can at least mitigate the vast amounts of suffering littered throughout my future?

[Yoneda]

Well, for starters: don't drink anything Kohran gives you, don't get between any of Kanna and Sumire's fights, aaand try not to get stuck in close proximity with Sakura for an extended period of time.
Oh, and try not to say Iris's name three times at the stroke of midnight, especially if she's in her Koubu.

[Ogami]

When DOES Iris get her Koubu, anyway?

[Yoneda]

Pshaw, I don't think anyone'll ever be able to forget THAT day! It's marked in the history books as the beginning of Armageddon. It's on thhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee dddddddddddddddddddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa--aaa-aaa-aa-a-a-a-a-a...

[Ogami]

Son of... a... bi... tch.....
----

----

[Ogami]

(Who IS this!?)

[Tenkai]

Heh heh heh heh....
Heh heh heh, so you've finally fallen into our hands. Ichiro Ogami! With this, the Imperial Capital is finished.

----
[Ogami]

... are you kidding me? EVERYONE in my freaking brigade is stronger than me, and you've probably pissed them all off by taking away their boy toy slave thing.
----

[Ogami]

What.....?! Argh, my arms and legs... I can't move them!

[Tenkai]

Heh heh- now then, Ogami-kun. I shall introduce you to my skilled assistant!

Yup, I guess Setsuna somehow managed to capture Ogami. Even though he just sorta... turned tail and ran away.

... KOOOOOOOOHRAAAAAAAAAAN!! :arghfist::gonk:

[Tenkai]

Kukukuku- how is it, Ogami-kun? How will it feel to be upgraded by your former subordinate?

----
[Ogami]

... I feel like I'm back in the theater, actually.

[Tenkai]

Huh?

[Ogami]

Trust me on this, this kind of situation is distressingly commonplace for me.
----

[Ogami]

Wha.... what are you planning to do?!

[Tenkai]

You will be remodeled by our hands, and become the Hive of Darkness's new limbs!

[Ogami]

Wh-what did you say?!

[Tenkai]

Now, Kohran!! With your skills, bring about the birth of our new comrade, Shin-Ichiro Ogami!

[Kohran]

Awright, jes' leave it t' me!

[Ogami]

Stop!! Don't do this, Kohran!

[Ogami]

Nooooo! Stop! Kohran!!

[Kohran]

It'll be alright! I've never failed once when doin' my tests on animals!

[Ogami]

N, no, that's really not the issue at stake here...

[Kohran]

Now, this won't hurt at all, so... jes' sit tight an' leave everythin' to me!

[Ogami]

Noooooooo! Stooooooooop!!

[Sakura]

.... gami.... n
.... gami-san, Ogami-san!

[Kanna]

How's he lookin'?

----
[Sakura]

I can't figure it out... he hasn't woken up, no matter how long I yell at him!

[Kanna]

Are... are his ears are bleeding.

[Sakura]

I mean, I've even been yelling into his ears for the past couple of hours, so...

[Kanna]

.... Sakura, I think you've sent him into an even deeper sleep that he won't ever be able to wake from.
----

[Ogami]

Urgh.....

----
[Ogami]

..... it's no good. I think my eyesight's messed up.
----

[Sakura]

Ogami-san, are you alright?

[Ogami]

Er, yeah...

[Ogami]

... so it was just a dream.

[Ogami]

That's right....

[Ogami]

What happened to the child?

[Ogami]

Is that so...

----
[Ogami]

So you're saying that the kid who nearly got me killed through HIS stupidity is just fine and dandy, while I'm sitting here, wracked in pain and at the mercy of a bunch of psychopaths?

[Sakura]

Yup!

[Ogami]

[Ogami]

... remind me to go visit him later.

[Sakura]

Oh? How come?

[Ogami]

Oh, no real reason. -- hey, Kohran, can I borrow your glasses for a moment?
----

----
[Ogami]

Aaah. That's MUCH better.
----

----

----

[Ogami]

N, no... it was nothing...

----
[Kohran]

.... can I have my glasses back now? Your face is causin' property values in th' area to drop.

[Ogami]

Fine, fine.
----

[Ogami]

What... happened to me?

[Sumire]

It seems that your body was hit fairly hard.

----
[Ogami]

Thank you, Sumire, I never would have guessed.

[Sumire]

... on the way back home to the theater, I mean.

[Ogami]

Huh?

[Sumire]

Everyone was fighting over who'd get to carry you home, Ensign.

[Ogami]

Okay, so why-- wait, why are my arms and legs broken?!

[Sumire]

... let's just say that things got kind of messy when Sakura started using you as a bludgeoning weapon.
-----

[Ogami]

I see... come to think of it, I was done in by that guy from the Hive of Darkness...

[Kohran]

Ogami-han... you were sleepin' inside th' infimary's healin' pod for three days straight.

[Sakura]

Ogami-san... are you still feeling pain?

[Ogami]

(My... head hurts a little bit, I think? Well, if it's something this minor...)

[Ogami]

It's nothing big. I'm alright now.

No use trying to get sympathy from these girls. They already know how much pain Ogami's body can tolerate, anyway.

[Ogami]

Sorry, Iris... sorry for making you worry.

... for some reason, I can't really hear this line in anything other than a sarcastic deadpan.

[Ogami]

(... even though YOU tried to remodel me.)

[Kohran]

.... hm? What's up? You've been starin' at me fer a while. Is there somethin' on my face?

[Ogami]

No, it's nothing.

Awww, isn't that sweet? Medicine from Iris. It's probably just the distilled souls of men damned to a living death sugar in a packet or something. :frogbon:

(*GULP*)

[Ogami]

[Ogami]

Uwah... what IS this!? It's, it's so bitter!!

[Sumire]

Kohran... is it truly alright to give him that medicine?

----
[Ogami]

Goddamn it, woman, why can't you ask these kinds of questions BEFORE I ingest an entire freaking packet of god-knows-what?!

[Sumire]

Fufufu.
----

[Ogami]

K, Kohran, you made this...? This medicine....

So much for Yoneda's warning.

----

[Kohran]

Hmhmhm, that's right. It's some really potent stuff. His injuries'll heal up right before our eyes.
'Course, in exchange... its got th' side effect of makin' you really sleepy.

----
[Kohran]

I call it... the Mr. Date Surprise-Sex Drug!

[Ogami]

... so THAT'S why none of you warned me.
----

[Kohran]

Nighty-night, Ogami-han. It'll be alright if ya leave th' rest to Maria-han.
... huh? Where IS Maria-han?

[Sakura]

Well...

[Sumire]

In any case, let's go outside, or else we'll wake up the Ensign.

[Sakura]

You're right.... in that case, Ogami-san... good night.

====
NEXT TIME (ETA- Thursday/Friday Evening?): Neither Rain Nor Snow Nor Excessive Amounts of Injuries...

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Dec 7, 2012

• Locked thread