Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.
Oh my God I totally forgot I had Sakura Wars GBC. I should dig it out.

What's the other game? It looks like the same character designer as Trauma Center Wii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.

TheGreenAvenger posted:

Oh my God I totally forgot I had Sakura Wars GBC. I should dig it out.

What's the other game? It looks like the same character designer as Trauma Center Wii

Yeah... it's really kind of ridiculous, and not in a bad way, either. I've only ever beaten the first GBC game (and I didn't even know that there was a SECOND one until a few weeks ago, but that's a different story completely).

Also, the other game's Persona 3. Not only is it one of the few (semi-)dating sims ever brought over to America, but it has a pretty cool game over sequence, to boot.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
See guys? If we go with Kohran he'll become MECHA OGAMI and be able to lay waste to Tokyo himself!

That is clearly the good ending.

Dominic Hokage
Nov 11, 2003

Looks suspiciously like Persona art to me. <- this were beeten

But with Ogami in the infirmary, who will punch the tickets now?? :( It's not as though Ogami has a nephew who looks exactly like him or anything!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
...so who's been bathing Ogami? Or don't I want to know?

Shame Kanna's a karateka instead of a judoka, otherwise Ogami might be able to get some pointers for that counterpunch situation.

Anyway, Maria is probably up on a rooftop somewhere yelling TAICHOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU at the uncaring heavens or whatever.

...the Koubu don't do that my-robot-is-scraped-therefore-I-feel-pain thing, do they? Because Maria could just punch through some surface armor to land a headshot next time Gutpunch McCoward tries that.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Sindai posted:

See guys? If we go with Kohran he'll become MECHA OGAMI and be able to lay waste to Tokyo himself!

That is clearly the good ending.

Dominic Hokage posted:

But with Ogami in the infirmary, who will punch the tickets now?? :( It's not as though Ogami has a nephew who looks exactly like him or anything!

I beg to differ! Ogami doesn't look as good in a dress as his nephew does.

Glazius posted:

...so who's been bathing Ogami? Or don't I want to know?

I'm willing to bet that everyone took turns bathing him.

Everyone.

Glazius posted:

Anyway, Maria is probably up on a rooftop somewhere yelling TAICHOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU at the uncaring heavens or whatever.

...the Koubu don't do that my-robot-is-scraped-therefore-I-feel-pain thing, do they? Because Maria could just punch through some surface armor to land a headshot next time Gutpunch McCoward tries that.

Nope. It's just that compared to more gigantic mecha, there isn't a whole lot of armor separating the pilot from the outside world.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
I... Tha... Fwahaha oh god, what the hell just happened?

This is why I love this thread.

Spirit Armor posted:

(No seriously, what the hell. I've got nothing here. Except to remind you that you're awesome and doing an awesome job of it. You know that right? Otherwise someone should probably tell you.)

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Jesus Christ, if Kohran were to somehow end up with Mayuri Kurotsuchi from Bleach in the end it would be the happiest marriage ever.

Grunduggerer
Jan 20, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

Also, the other game's Persona 3. Not only is it one of the few (semi-)dating sims ever brought over to America, but it has a pretty cool game over sequence, to boot.

All the Shin Megami Tensei games have cool game over sequences. Nocturne especially. Cherubs carrying you off to heaven? Pretty nice considering you're trying (in the True Demon ending, anyway) to kill God and all.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Bobfly posted:

(No seriously, what the hell. I've got nothing here. Except to remind you that you're awesome and doing an awesome job of it. You know that right? Otherwise someone should probably tell you.)

Hoho, I know, I'm always awesome I try? v:shobon:v

Retromancer posted:

Jesus Christ, if Kohran were to somehow end up with Mayuri Kurotsuchi from Bleach in the end it would be the happiest marriage ever.

I'm sure this would mean so much more for me if I could keep track of 3/4ths of the characters' names. :sweatdrop:

Grunduggerer posted:

All the Shin Megami Tensei games have cool game over sequences. Nocturne especially. Cherubs carrying you off to heaven? Pretty nice considering you're trying (in the True Demon ending, anyway) to kill God and all.

... yeah, that's pretty loving awesome.

I mean, THAT'S gotta be one hell of an awkward afterlife. "So, uh... enough about how I came pretty drat close to killing you. Man, how ABOUT this weather, huh?"

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Looks like Kohran's medicine knocked out Ogami just long enough for everyone in the theater to perpetrate some kind of unspeakable horror upon the poor man's slumbering body.

[Ogami]

(There's someone... by my... side...)

It's Maria.

[Ogami]

(Ah... there's a hand on my head....)
(It's a cold hand.... but... it feels comfortable...)
(.............)

... it was Maria.

[Ogami]

(That.... cold hand.... I wonder who... it... was...)

No, dude, seriously, there are only so many platinum blonde Russian women in the theater.

It's--

WAIT, YOU'RE NOT MARIA :gonk:

Or... anyone who I'm trying to get to be my top pilot, come to think of it.

[Ogami]

Iris, huh... yup, I'm mostly feeling better now.

[Iris]

Oniichan... I was worried that you wouldn't ever wake up again...

----
[Ogami]

Awww, isn't that sweet?

[Iris]

Because the forbidden fifth rite of Ashnak the Devourer requires that the target sacrifice be fully awake as he feels his spirit being eviscerated by the Masticator of Heavenly Agony, otherwise the interior spirit will not properly bind to my omnipotent will.

[Ogami]

Hahaha, look at you! You've already starting to learn how to use grown-up words. I'm going to need to find a dictionary if I want to understand a goddamn word coming out of your mouth what you're trying to say.

[Iris]

... are you not listening to a thing that Iris has been telling you?!

[Ogami]

BEHOLD, for this is the power of an unhealthy denial of the grim facts of reality. Granted, I'm going to need a stiff drink when this is all over, but.
----

... alright, you know what? I'm SICK of constantly getting these Iris scenes. I could've had an elucidating, character-development-revealing scene with Sumire! Or Maria! Or, heck, Kohran! But I keep getting Iris.

By golly, it might be my destiny to become Iris's mind-crushed love slave, but I am at least choosing my top pilot! WITH THESE OWN TWO HANDS.

[Ogami]

It was a good vacation. I mean, I got to sleep the entire time.

And it all starts by being a gigantic dick to Iris.

[Iris]

Oniichan... you IDIOT!!

[Ogami]

I-Iris?!

[Iris]

To say something like THAT.... that's so mean! Oniichan, I HATE you!!

----
[Iris]

I HATE YOU!!

[Iris]

I HATE YOU SO.... MUCH...!!
----

Y'know... on hindsight, maybe I could've planned this out a little better.

[Ogami]

....... I suppose everyone was fairly worried about me.

(SOME TIME LATER)

[Ogami]

Ngh..... nnn....

[Ogami]

Ah, Maria.... what's wrong?

----
[Ogami]

Passing by?

[Maria]

Yes.

[Ogami]

... through my room, which only has one entrance and exi-

[Maria]

I AM JUST CHECKING TO SEE THAT YOU'RE ALRIGHT.

[Ogami]

Well, okay, why didn't you say that in the first--

[Maria]

I AM NOT SNEAKING IN HERE TO INSTALL HIDDEN CAMERAS SO THAT I MAY KEEP A WATCHFUL EYE ON WHATEVER IT IS YOU MAY BE DOING AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT, NOR AM I ATTEMPTING TO MAKE A TIDY PROFIT OFF OF SELLING THE VIDEOS TO SAKURA.

[Ogami]

....... not you too, man.

[Maria]

Okay, fine, so I have this bet going with Ayame as to which of the pilots in this theater will eventually be the death of you.

[Ogami]

Oh, okay, that's better- wait, but you're going to be selling these pictures to SAKURA.

[Maria]

... let's just say that I've got a shitload of money riding on your getting surprise-sex'd by Sakura, and leave it at that.
----

[Ogami]

I see... thanks.

[Ogami]

I'm sorry... that I'd let something like this happen to me, as the Captain...

... ruh-roh, Raggy.

[Maria]

Why... did you run out like that...

[Ogami]

... eh?

[Maria]

At that time, why... why did you run out like that! That's what I asking!

[Ogami]

That's because... that child was...

[Maria]

... Ensign. Allow me to say just this one thing!!
Your injuries during this last battle... they are entirely your own fault!
To let yourself be taken off-guard by just one civilian, and to let the enemy escape...
Which could result in the endangerment of even MORE civilians' lives... do you not understand that?

----
[Ogami]

Oh, you silly Maria, that's MORE than one thing--

[Maria]

THAT IS BESIDES THE POINT, ENSIGN.
----

----

----

[Ogami]

That's....

[Maria]

If the Captain dies in order to save a single civilian...
What will happen to the Imperial Capital?! Exactly WHO will fight against the Hive of Darkness?!

----
[Ogami]

... I was kind of figuring that you guys'd be able to take care of something like that.

[Maria]

Yes, but YOU are everyone's boy toy, and the focal point for everyone's horrible sadistically anti-social tendencies! If you weren't here, we'd be killing each other within exactly two days and a half!

[Ogami]

Good god, man, how did you people ever survive without me?

[Maria]

Just... just don't ever ask the Manager about the fifty-nine former would-be Captains of the Imperial Assault Force.
----

[Ogami]

That's....

[Ogami]

----
[Ogami]

I was thinking that I didn't want that child to die.

[Maria]

Well, okay, but--

[Ogami]

BECAUSE I WANTED TO KILL HIM WITH MY OWN TWO HANDS FOR BEING SUCH A loving MORON.

[Maria]

[Ogami]

I mean, did you SEE him?! He jumped out into the middle of a loving ROBOT BATTLE! He was just ASKING to get turned into a puddle of blood, viscera, and spare body parts, and I didn't want some stupid DEMON to get the honor of removing him from the gene pool before I ever could--

[Ogami]

GYAAAAAAAA--

----

[Maria]

It would be... the same as that time.

[Ogami]

... Maria?

----

----
[Ogami]

.... Maria, what--

[Maria]

Look, I'm only going to get ONE CHANCE to speak my mind to you like this, so shut up and let me savor the moment, alright? I want to get this JUST RIGHT.
----

[Ogami]

...... !

----

----
[Ogami]

... she JUST NOW figured that out...?
----

[Ogami]

Was I....
... mistaken...?

HOT BLOODED STUBBORNNESS, GOOOOOOOOOO--

[Ogami]

No, that's not the case at all! At that time, if I'd just abandoned the child...
I would regret it.... for the rest of my life.

For various reasons, as stated above.

[Ogami]

In any case, I should... go try and talk with Maria one more time.

Good god, I certainly HOPE that they hadn't kept poor Ogami in his ticket-clipping clothes all throughout his recovery period. Or at least while he was confined to his bed.

Granted, I'm pretty sure that Yoneda gave him a pajamas edition of his work uniform. He seems sadistic enough to do something like THAT.

[Kanna]

What in the world is wrong with you? Maria, this isn't like you at all.

[Maria]

[Kanna]

In that kinda situation, wouldn't it only be natural to save that child? Why are you so angry?

[Maria]

It has nothing to do with you.

:iceburn:, etc.

[Kanna]

Just what.... what exactly is that supposed to mean!
Even though we've known each other for this long.... what're you trying to accomplish by hiding things from me?!
Do you not trust me enough?!

[Maria]

That's not the problem at all.

[Kanna]

You're always like that, Maria. No matter what... you never try to rely on others!
If you don't just talk to me... I'm gonna tear this room apart!

And this is why Kanna makes such a lousy negotiator.

[Maria]

... I'm sorry, Kanna. It's really nothing...

[Kanna]

[Maria]

... even though it's been so long since we've last met.... I'm sorry.

[Kanna]

I hate you when you're like this.

[Maria]

[Kanna]

If you don't hurry up an' start feelin' better soon, I'm never gonna speak to you again for the rest of your life, okay?

There's really something to be said for being as blunt as a steamroller to the head. None of this pussy-footing around with politeness and niceties and veiled meanings: Kanna gives it to you like it is, ESPECIALLY when "like it is" involves wielding words like a sledgehammer.

[Maria]

Kanna.....

----

Naturally, there's only one right answer here because I'm fairly certain that we do not want Kanna to catch Ogami eavesdropping while she's in the mood to tear something apart with her bare hands.

[Ogami]

Ch'... I've got to hurry up and hide!

B-BUTTON DASH

B-BUTTON DASH

[Ogami]

Urgh... aw, no... my head's...

----

----
[Ogami]

... what the hell DID Kohran put into that medici-

[Ogami]

HnnnnGgggOOOOoooohhhhGooooDDDDdd IiiiIIIi'MmmmMMMmmm crrRRrraaAAaassSSshhHHhhhInnngggg SO BAAAD--
----

NEXT TIME (ETA- THE RELATIVELY NEAR FUTURE, AS MEASURED IN UNITS OF TIME ROUGHLY ANALOGOUS TO MUCH LESS THAN A HANDFUL OF DAYS): ... shall keep Ogami from those goddamn nightly rounds.

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Dec 7, 2012

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

I'm sure this would mean so much more for me if I could keep track of 3/4ths of the characters' names. :sweatdrop:
You may remember him as the evil mad scientist captain who was into face paint and body modification. Also has a sword that turns into a GIANT POISON BABY.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Too bad Ogami's not feeling up to zinging back.

I mean, there was one of the enemy's generals, himself off balance because he threw the entire weight of his mech into the punch, and everybody's focused on Ogami? Especially the people with long-range weapons?

Cardinal Rule of Mecha - if you fight like you're not afraid of dying, you're not going to die. Unless you're going to propose after fighting your last battle, then the universe itself will contrive Semtex into your cockpit.

Dominic Hokage
Nov 11, 2003

There are quite a few blondes in the world, but probably only one who's so frigid even her hands are clammy to the touch. :pseudo:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Oh Maria, so traumatized, so messed up, and yet, still so awesome.

And being a dick to Iris is the best choice you've made so far and I think I speak for us all when I endorse it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Moon Slayer posted:

And being a dick to Iris is the best choice you've made so far and I think I speak for us all when I endorse it.
Exactly. We could have had Sumire waiting patiently at Ogami's bedside, but nooooooo we get frikkin Iris. Anybody would have been better than Iris. Even Kohran, even though he'd wake up strapped to the machine again.

Dominic Hokage
Nov 11, 2003

:v: You know, it's actually supposed to be sweet that your 'little sister' is waiting by your bedside for you to recover. Not everything in anime involving preteen girls is pedo-suggestive by default.

JimmyT64
Oct 27, 2007
I'm Special!
But its IRIS.

Also, registering vote for Sumire. For her vast tracts of land.:colbert:

Mr. Moon
Oct 22, 2007
The sky is deep and dark and eternally high...

Moon Slayer posted:

You know, when you're in a situation as hosed up as Ogami's with no real chance of escape, pissing off an abomination unto the natural order of the universe sounds like a pretty good idea. I mean, you're hosed anyway, why not go out as spectacularly as possible?

(also your username makes me apprehensive)

Grunduggerer
Jan 20, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

Ok, now who expected Maria to rip Ogami's heart out and show it to him before he died? Raise of hands? (raises hand)

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Circumstances have gone beyond my control.
Wow haven't been checking in lately, but I'm glad the trainwreck is proceeding on smoothly! :)

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Update's not happening tonight. I've been somewhat busy; I don't foresee it coming up any earlier than Sunday evening, though a Monday update's a lot more likely to happen.

Sindai posted:

You may remember him as the evil mad scientist captain who was into face paint and body modification. Also has a sword that turns into a GIANT POISON BABY.

... oh god, HIM :gonk:

I have yet to slog through the anime, but the manga version of that sunnovabitch freaked the living daylights out of me. And if you combined HIS bioterrormodification powers with Kohran's technomancy... I dunno, you'd probably end up with the Shogeimaru turning into some kind of organic mecha or something like that.

Glazius posted:

Too bad Ogami's not feeling up to zinging back.

I mean, there was one of the enemy's generals, himself off balance because he threw the entire weight of his mech into the punch, and everybody's focused on Ogami? Especially the people with long-range weapons?

In their defense, I don't think they've ever been in a situation where the midboss completely wusses out of the usually-requisite boss battle. I mean... Satan stayed and got his rear end kicked, and Tenkai at least left behind the Kage-Samurai duo.

If you were in their position and the tough, badass boss suddenly disappeared after landing just one blow, wouldn't YOU be waiting for the other shoe to drop, too? :p

Glazius posted:

Cardinal Rule of Mecha - if you fight like you're not afraid of dying, you're not going to die. Unless you're going to propose after fighting your last battle, then the universe itself will contrive Semtex into your cockpit.

On the other hand, if you're a total wuss or pacifist, you'll live forever (though any hot-blooded or competent pilots that are on your side are as good as dead).

Dominic Hokage posted:

There are quite a few blondes in the world, but probably only one who's so frigid even her hands are clammy to the touch.

I'm just wondering how her hands managed to feel cold through those thick gloves of hers.

Moon Slayer posted:

If you can't boost your favorite pilots' happiness ratings high enough, then it's time to start taking everyone else down. :colbert:

CannonFodder posted:

Exactly. We could have had Sumire waiting patiently at Ogami's bedside, but nooooooo we get frikkin Iris. Anybody would have been better than Iris. Even Kohran, even though he'd wake up strapped to the machine again.

I've said this before, but I still have no loving clue how Iris is on the top of the roster, especially since I've been focusing much more on everyone else. :tinfoil:

Dominic Hokage posted:

:v: You know, it's actually supposed to be sweet that your 'little sister' is waiting by your bedside for you to recover. Not everything in anime involving preteen girls is pedo-suggestive by default.

I'd be a bit more at ease if Ogami's prior actions hadn't shown his potential to be something of a creep, and if Iris's attitude towards Ogami didn't send off warning klaxons in my mind.

JimmyT64 posted:

Also, registering vote for Sumire. For her vast tracts of land. :colbert:

Naturally. Vote noted!

Mr. Moon posted:

You know, when you're in a situation as hosed up as Ogami's with no real chance of escape, pissing off an abomination unto the natural order of the universe sounds like a pretty good idea. I mean, you're hosed anyway, why not go out as spectacularly as possible?

Besides, we've established that Ogami's got SUMIRE on his side (kinda sorta), and she's shown herself quite capable of deflecting would-be stalkers. It might not be a total slaughter.

Maybe.

Grunduggerer posted:

Ok, now who expected Maria to rip Ogami's heart out and show it to him before he died? Raise of hands? (raises hand)

Too messy.

She would at least had to have changed into more disposable clothes, on account of how much blood would be involved in something like that. :v:

Morgenthau posted:

Wow haven't been checking in lately, but I'm glad the trainwreck is proceeding on smoothly! :)

:patriot:

Dominic Hokage
Nov 11, 2003

Kanna is still the best. :colbert: Maria reminds me of that villain from Captain Planet with her hair covering the half of her face that's gone.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Without really thinking about it, I was kind of assuming throughout the thread that based on how they look, Ogami, Maria, Kanna and Sumire were somewhere from 20-23 years old, and Sakura and Kohran about 18. Looking at Wikipedia today, I found I'd been overestimating a little: Ogami is 20, Maria and Kanna 19 and a half, Sakura and Kohran 17 and a half.

Sumire is 16. Sixteen. Maybe I just suck at judging ages, but something really, really does not compute there. (Oh, and does this mean that a vote for Sumire is a vote for :pedo: ?)

Also, Maria and Kanna are 186cm and 197cm tall, respectively. Now, I know that no-one is likely to see them inside the cockpits, but maybe the most uber-top-secret unit of the armed forces shouldn't be giving its uber-top-secret pilots such a high public profile when you consider that among their number are the two most distinctive women in the whole goddamn country.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Apraxin posted:

Sumire is 16. Sixteen.

:what::hf::gonk:

Okay, I'm changing my vote to Kanna now.

Mr. Moon
Oct 22, 2007
The sky is deep and dark and eternally high...

Apraxin posted:

Also, Maria and Kanna are 186cm and 197cm tall, respectively. Now, I know that no-one is likely to see them inside the cockpits, but maybe the most uber-top-secret unit of the armed forces shouldn't be giving its uber-top-secret pilots such a high public profile when you consider that among their number are the two most distinctive women in the whole goddamn country.

Kanna is six foot five and a half? :gonk: I mean, I figured she'd be tall for Japanese standards but Jesus that's taller than I am.

Also registering a vote for Maria. Her insanity is subtle and calculated, and thus probably highly entertaining.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

Apraxin posted:

Sumire is 16. Sixteen.

If it's legal enough for the UCMJ it's legal enough for me!

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Ah, those crazy Japanese and their vastly lower legal age...

Why oh why

.... :gonk:

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Apraxin posted:

Sumire is 16. Sixteen. Maybe I just suck at judging ages, but something really, really does not compute there. (Oh, and does this mean that a vote for Sumire is a vote for :pedo: ?)

Surprising. I thought she'd be at least older than psychostalker Sakura.

Well, at least she isn't a 10-year old possessed by a satanic teddy bear, unlike some other pilots I could name (just one, actually).

:pedo: or :gonk:? Probably both.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Apraxin posted:

Without really thinking about it, I was kind of assuming throughout the thread that based on how they look, Ogami, Maria, Kanna and Sumire were somewhere from 20-23 years old, and Sakura and Kohran about 18. Looking at Wikipedia today, I found I'd been overestimating a little: Ogami is 20, Maria and Kanna 19 and a half, Sakura and Kohran 17 and a half.
The apparent age and listed age of an anime character diverge wildly? What a shocking development! :monocle:

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Sindai posted:

The apparent age and listed age of an anime character diverge wildly? What a shocking development! :monocle:

It gets even better when you consider that the apparent age, the actual birthdate, and the MENTAL age of characters can all have drastically different values. So Character X can look 10, be listed as 14, and act like they're 22 (yes, I'm thinking of someone specific here) and then you just have no clue what the gently caress.

Or a more relevant example, I have no clue how old Iris is supposed to be, but I'm betting it's somewhere around ~14 so that she's legal-ish. Despite this she looks like she should be in early elementary school, and her mental age is arguably lower than that, demonic possession aside. In her case it's just attempts to sidestep the law but still, this really gets tiresome after the zero-th time.

Grunduggerer
Jan 20, 2007

Apraxin posted:

http://www.12-to-midnight.com/Sumire.htm

Ok, born 1907 so she's 16??? 5'1"? 32/22/33?

Nah there must be some other Sumire out there.

http://www.12-to-midnight.com/Iris.htm

Iris is 10. :gonk:

Japan is a land of :pedo: That is all.

Grunduggerer fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 4, 2007

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Grunduggerer posted:

http://www.12-to-midnight.com/Sumire.htm

Ok, born 1907 so she's 16??? 5'1"? 32/22/33?

Nah there must be some other Sumire out there.

Actually it says she's 12. This is not an improvement, or anything, but I wanted you to have a factually correct and well-founded :gonk:. Now I am wondering if we can excise her from the series- just kind of delete her scenes and pretend she doesn't exist.

Hmm, but then Ogami's life would be easier, and we can't have that. drat. Maybe we can get a less :pedo: stand-in?

Edit: It also says Sumire is 18. Is this site accurate?

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
Well, this is anime (sorta). Everyone is around that age. I've never seen a 'young' character in anime over the age of 20. I bet Ôgami is like 17 too.

(Pedo apologists ITT :v: )

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

BlondRobin posted:

Actually it says she's 12.

Depends on whether it's 1925. Not that I looked terribly hard, but I didn't see anything about exactly when this game is set other than 'the 1920s' (though I assume the thread title must have come from somewhere).

Polsy fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Nov 4, 2007

Cuveball Sliders
Oct 9, 2007

Morgenthau posted:

Ah, those crazy Japanese and their vastly lower legal age...

Why oh why

.... :gonk:

They...they had her measurements.

Someone on wikipedia decided in writing that article they would get the measurements of a 4'9'' 14 year old girl.

:cry:

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Ah hah. Ah hah. AHAHAHAHA.

... update will not be tonight. :suicide:

Dominic Hokage posted:

Kanna is still the best. :colbert: Maria reminds me of that villain from Captain Planet with her hair covering the half of her face that's gone.

All I have to say to that is that Yoneda would make a loving awesome Captain Planet.

Apraxin posted:

Sumire is 16. Sixteen. Maybe I just suck at judging ages, but something really, really does not compute there. (Oh, and does this mean that a vote for Sumire is a vote for :pedo:?)

Yeah, I'm really not sure what the people in charge of the game were thinking when they assigned ages to everyone. It's like the people in charge of character design and the people in charge of calculating character ages worked in complete isolation from each other.

I'm inclined to think that a vote for Sumire isn't as bad as it could be, if only because time passes really drat quickly in this series. Why, she'll be 19 before you know it! Not that you'd be able to tell the difference, what with the art in this game and all.

Apraxin posted:

Maybe there's something to be said about hiding people in plain sight? And anybody trying to get to the bottom of this mysterious brigade and the identity of its members would probably think that they'd be looking for men.

On the other hand, the Imperial Assault Force uses a big flashy blimp and a big flashy subway train to transport its units in the most dramatic way possible. It's not like they know what the phrase "secret brigade" means, anyway. :eng101:

Thuryl posted:

Okay, I'm changing my vote to Kanna now.

Vote change noted!

Mr. Moon posted:

Kanna is six foot five and a half? :gonk: I mean, I figured she'd be tall for Japanese standards but Jesus that's taller than I am.

Also registering a vote for Maria. Her insanity is subtle and calculated, and thus probably highly entertaining.

I'm inclined to think that Kanna's taller than most of humanity.

Also, vote noted.

ManSedan posted:

If it's legal enough for the UCMJ it's legal enough for me!

That's, uh, one way of looking at it, I suppose!

Morgenthau posted:

A Link

... :wtc:

"Tabloid stories soon followed with raunchy headlines like "Busty 11-Year-Old Girl with F Cup Eases Cross-Strait Relations". The claim that [Saaya Irie's] pictures and words of peace led to a reduction in anti-Japanese attitude among the Chinese people is reputable, due to it first appearing in the pages of Shunkan Bunshun ( 週刊文春 ), a serious news weekly."
- Wikipedia

What. :gonk:

Wyvernil posted:

Surprising. I thought she'd be at least older than psychostalker Sakura.

I know- given the way they ACT (and, you know, Sumire's demeanor in general), you'd think that Sakura would be the younger one, but...

Well, age ranges in Sakura Wars are messed up, anyway.

BlondRobin posted:

Actually it says she's 12. This is not an improvement, or anything, but I wanted you to have a factually correct and well-founded :gonk:. Now I am wondering if we can excise her from the series- just kind of delete her scenes and pretend she doesn't exist.

Oh, how I wish I could do that.

BlondRobin posted:

Hmm, but then Ogami's life would be easier, and we can't have that. drat. Maybe we can get a less :pedo: stand-in?

Things wouldn't be nearly as interesting, though! :suicide:

And if you think he's :pedo: NOW, just... just try and imagine how creepy it would be if Ogami went down Iris's route. :cry:

BlondRobin posted:

The site's accurate. It's probably just taking its timeline from the OVAs or the sequels (which take place a few years later).

Yes, this still means that Iris is nine, though she's closing in pretty quickly on ten.

As you can imagine, this helps not at all.

Bobfly posted:

Well, this is anime (sorta). Everyone is around that age. I've never seen a 'young' character in anime over the age of 20. I bet Ôgami is like 17 too.

Truth.

It's a creepy thought, but truth all the same.

polsy posted:

Depends on whether it's 1925. Not that I looked terribly hard, but I didn't see anything about exactly when this game is set other than 'the 1920s' (though I assume the thread title must have come from somewhere).

Yup, the game's set in 1923, as it says on the title.

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 5, 2007

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007

Grunduggerer posted:

Christ, that profile pic blinded me as soon as I opened the page.

Spirit Armor posted:

I'm inclined to think that Kanna's taller than most of humanity.
[quote="Spirit Armor"]
I assume if Sakura Wars had a bad ending for each of it's characters, Kanna's ending would be Ohgami dying of a broken pelvis.

Oh, how I wish I could do that.
I look forward to the fun we will be having with the other token pedo girls in 2, 3, 4, and V. :) .... :gonk:

And despite me feeling happy for Tomizawa Michie's new phase in her life, screw her for leaving before doing a remake of Sakura Wars 2.

I want my Orihime loving damnit. :argh:

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Just a quick note: I've tallied up the "Who Should Ogami's Top Pilot Be?" votes that we've got thus far.

ONCE AGAIN TIED FOR FIRST PLACE, DAMMIT:

Maria and Sumire, at 16 votes apiece.

SECOND PLACE:

Kohran, at 7 votes.

THIRD PLACE:

Kanna, at 5 votes.

Aaaand Iris has four votes. That's just about how it's lined up right now, it seems!

Morgenthau posted:

I look forward to the fun we will be having with the other token pedo girls in 2, 3, 4, and V. :) .... :gonk:

Hahahahaha oh god don't remind me.

On the plus side, 3 and V's token pedo girls aren't nearly as frightening as Iris... as long as you don't count how the story can have Ogami/Shinjiro acting towards them. :cry:

Morgenthau posted:

And despite me feeling happy for Tomizawa Michie's new phase in her life, screw her for leaving before doing a remake of Sakura Wars 2.

I want my Orihime loving damnit. :argh:

It's not like she hasn't been coming back to Sakura Wars every now and then, and I THINK they're making a Monogatari game for the Imperial Capital folks just like they did with the Paris team, so there's still a chance that we'll see SOMETHING!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Switching my vote back to Sumire. :argh:

• Locked thread