Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.
I have no loving clue what's going on with Google Video; I've reuploaded both videos at least two times each, and they've been showing up as unavailable since forever. Probably going to try Youtube uploads instead.

Confused Llama posted:

While I'm emerging from lurkerdom, this is an amazing LP, Spirit Armor, and it just keeps getting better. It was a terrible disappointment to finally catch up, and realize that I was going to have to start waiting for updates along with everyone else...

We've still got a good number of chapters to go... I'm praying that the LP won't take another year to finish. :gonk:

... four more games in the series to go!

07 Users Suck posted:

Does anyone know where to get a decent translation for the game?

All I'm familiar with is GameFAQs. I guess it depends on which system you bought Sakura Wars for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

GruntyThrst posted:

It's...the power of love! :swoon:
Kohran has analyzed the power of love and developed a machine that converts it into pure destructive force with 90% efficiency. :science:

Vote science vote deathrays vote Kohran.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Sindai posted:

Kohran has analyzed the power of love and developed a machine that converts it into pure destructive force with 90% efficiency.

I thought Huey Lewis & the News analyzed The Power Of Love.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Allen Wren posted:

I thought Huey Lewis & the News analyzed The Power Of Love.

Alas it was incomplete, lacking rectal probing.

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Circumstances have gone beyond my control.
MOTHERFUCK, I've got to tell myself not to forget checking in once in a while. Shifting through 500+ posts of backdated replies and insanity is not good for your mental health. :downs:

Glad to see the trainwreck of love coming along! I estimate around two more character chapters before DECISION TIME.

07 Users Suck
Jul 21, 2007
They ought to stop letting people register.

Spirit Armor posted:

All I'm familiar with is GameFAQs. I guess it depends on which system you bought Sakura Wars for?

I got it for Sega Saturn.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

--------
:siren:VIDEO LINK!:siren:

Boss Battle Time!

Google Version! - Google ate this clip, will do something about it later.
Youtube Version!
--------

Well, it's a pure seven-on-seven match at this point in time, and the midbosses have us surrounded.

Frankly, it could be a better situation. :sigh:

In any case, Protect first!

Next, let's see just how much damage a final attack'll do to one of these guys. Th--

----
[Ogami]

Goddamit, could someone shut those drat things up!? I can barely hear myself think!

[Maria]

... Captain? What are you talking about?

[Ogami]

What? Don't you hear those bells? It sounds like someone's trying to hold a drat wedding here!

[Sakura]

Ogami-san, I don't hear a thing. Are you sure you're not imagining it?

[Ogami]

... what. You don't? Oh God.

[Sumire]

Ensign! Save me!!

[Ogami]

Sumire-kun!? What's wrong!? W-wait, let go of my Koubu's arm! What're you--

----

----
[Ogami]

... Kohran. Spirit energy readings. Now.

[Kohran]

Through th' roof. Also, I think they're playin' th' mambo.

[Ogami]

The... what? Good lord, what've we unleashed upon the--

[Sumire]

Ensiiiiiiign!!

[Ogami]

S-Sumire-kun!!

----

Let the Ogami x Sumire Final Combination Attack begin.

----

VROOM.

----

Motherfucking VROOM.

----

----

BAM!

SKREEEEEE--

--EEEEEEEEE

"Come! Sumire-kun!"

----

"Yes... Ensign!"

----

"The Virgin Road... to eternity."

----
[Maria]

... any word on their condition, Kohran?

[Kohran]

Not really. They've jes' been sittin' there, unresponsive, and droolin' for the past thirty seconds.

[Kanna]

Shouldn't we be, uh, doing something? Those giant red bee guys are gonna attack any second now, and--

[Kohran]

W-wait! My Koubu's sensors are pickin' up a really big reaction from th--

[Ogami and Sumire]

Yaaaaay!

[Iris]

Huh?

[Ogami and Sumire]

We're married!

[Sakura]

What the f-- OH MY GOD--

----

----

----

----

----

----
[Ogami]

[Ogami]

... hah!? What the hell have I been doing for these past five minutes? What--

[Kohran]

Well, y'see, Ogami-han...

----

----

----

----

----

----
[Kohran]

I think y'all jes' won th' game. Also, ya owe me five hundred yen for usin' my steam-powered motorcycle without permission.

[Ogami]

What? Already!? But, what, wait, that was just something that had to do with the spiritual plane, I didn't ACTUALLY use your motorbike!

[Sumire]

... Ensign... are bizarro spirit-powered weddings legally binding under law? If it is, you might very well have to be arrested for coercing an underage girl to--

[Ogami]

I was the one who SAVED you from getting married!!

[Sumire]

Well, we WERE getting pulled over by the police right before we came back to the real world.

[Ogami]

That's not-- can we just get back to kicking Miroku's rear end now?

----

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jan 29, 2013

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

--------

Post-Battle Hijinx.

Google Version! - Google hates the human race with the burning passion of a thousand suns, so I'll have to reupload it sometime.
YouTube Version!
--------

----

Given that they'd destroyed your trump card in under a minute, I'd say that this counts as overkill. :v:

----

GETTER BEEEEEAAAAAAM!!

... shut up, I'm an old-school giant robot fanatic.

----

And while their attention is fixed on Sakura's Koubu getting blasted by the overwhelming power of pink...

----

Something hitches a ride.

Look to the left...

Look to the right...

... completely miss your chance to cut Miroku down where she stands...

[Sakura]

Hm? That didn't work at all!

[Miroku]

Hmph... don't think that it's over!

----

And Miroku disappears in a shower of transparent green one-eyed fish, which are left to flop around on the ground and suffocate to death.

----
[Ogami]

I mean, ASIDE from the fact that we all stood around and picked our noses instead of, say, killing one of the remaining leaders of the Hive of Darkness and saving us a shitload of trouble in the future. Or spotting what the hell she was up to. Anyone got any excuses?

[Sakura]

I was getting zapped by Getter rays.

[Sumire]

But it is much too early for me to get married, there is so much left for me to do--

[Kohran]

If I'd taken a shot, I woulda blown all of us t' the mooon.

[Kohran]

... not that that woulda stopped me. I was outta shells.

[Iris]

I have something in my eye!

[Maria]

I wasn't sure whether I should be shooting Miroku or Sakura, in case she was suddenly possessed.

[Kanna]

I was facing the wrong way!

[Ogami]

R... right, right, I get it.

----

[Kanna]

In that case...

[Sumire]

Here we go!

----

[Sumire]

Go!

. . .

It was certainly the most brutal battle that the Hive of Darkness had ever had to deal with, so... :v:

[Ogami]

But... Kanna and Sumire-kun. You fought really well.

The enemies are all defeated, we're closing in on Good End, and two of the Flower Division's fiercest rivals have managed to work together for once.

Does everyone know what time it is now?

That's right! IT'S BONDING TIME! :haw:

[Kanna]

... I mean, I wouldn't have been able to find that key on my own. Er... I've changed my opinion of you.

[Sumire]

And I believe that it is thanks to you, Kanna-san, that we were able to escape... so... you were very helpful.

[Ogami]

Yup, Sumire-kun's wisdom and Kanna's strength... the both of you together are invincible, huh.

[Kanna]

Dammit, you ALWAYS start pushing things too far when someone praises you!! What YOU have is just shameless craftiness!

[Ogami]

B, both of you, knock it off! Even though you just started getting along... urk... my stomach's starting to hurt...

FUN FACT: Between this and the manga, it's extraordinarily likely that Ogami is well on his way to developing a stomach ulcer due to stress.

... which really wouldn't be very surprising at all, given Ogami's everyday life with the Flower Division.

(No surprise here, Sakura's just itching for the chance to get her hands on Ogami.)

[Sumire]

I shall be the one to treat the Ensign! Sakura-san, you stay back!!

[Kanna]

What're you saying!? If anyone's gonna be doing it, it's me! Argh, Sakura, you're in the way!!

[Sakura]

Eh!? Er, um... kya--!

[Ogami]

Th... thanks. But it seems like... you kind of sent Sakura-kun flying back there...

[Sumire]

It should be alright if you leave her be! More importantly, I shall treat the Ensign ve~ry thoroughly.

WELL HEY if you really want to put your hands all over him to try and heal an internal stomach pain, then there're no complaints here.

:iceburn:

[Sumire]

If he were to be treated by someone as violent as Kanna-san, the number of wounds would simply increase.

:icebu-- okay, she's got a point there.

[Sumire]

What did you say!?

[Iris]

Aa~aah, they've gone back to being the usual Sumire and Kanna.

[Maria]

I guess it can't be helped. But it IS said that the better two people get along, the more they fight...

[Kohran]

So it could be that even though th' two of 'em act like this, they really get along pretty well, huh.

[Sakura]

We've repelled the Hive of Darkness, so it's a "happily ever after!" isn't it?

... says Sakura, through a mouthful of GETTING PUNCHED BY KANNA AND SENT FLYING.

[Ogami]

Urgh... my stomach... ... he~y, someone, help me out here~...

Meanwhile, Ogami writhes on the ground in mortal pain, totally ignored by his entire brigade.

Happily ever after!

. . .

[Satan]

Hmph, it will start very soon... those fools' little party...

Happily ever after except for the foreboding shot of evil at work, which would be a helluva lot more foreboding if this screenshot didn't make Satan look so :downs:.

--------

Post-Chapter Cinematic Sequence.

Google Version!
--------

AND AS IF WE DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH FOREBODING

----

----

A master is out.

The critter had been waiting in the Koubu for its master's call, without food or water or even air conditioning.

But now the critter can go back to master!

It did a good job because it loves master! And now master will love it forever and ever.

Master must be so proud of it!

... was the critter's last thought before Miroku crushes it into a splattering of goo and blood. :smith:

[Miroku]

Found you.... hmhm... hmhmhmhm...

Because she is a colossal dick. :gonk:

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jan 29, 2013

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

--------

Next Episode Preview.

Google Version! - Subtitled and Without Subtitles.
--------

Next Episode!

[Kohran]

This is th' era of science!

[Kohran]

With my inventions...

[Kohran]

The Imperial Capital's future...

----

[Kohran]

... is a million watts!

----

[Kohran]

With a bang an' a boom...

[Kohran]

They'll get everyone to laugh!

----

[Kohran]

Next time, on Sakura Wars!

[Kohran]

Unspeaking Companions!

[Kohran]

A storm of romance amongst the Taisho cherry blossoms!

[Kohran]

Machines aren't... born to do things like that...!

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 29, 2013

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Spirit Armor posted:

[Kohran]
Machines aren't... born to do things like that...!

:pervert:

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Oh boy.

Dominic Hokage
Nov 11, 2003

Wait a minute, machines are born!? :gonk:

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump

Dominic Hokage posted:

Kohran developed biotechnology just so the little kamikaze robots would feel pain before they died.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
If I had known that Sumire's combo attack was actually an ORBITAL STRIKE OF LOVE I would have ranked it higher than Kanna's.

Still not as cool as Kohran's though. :colbert:

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I'm so excited for the next chapter I'm not going to point out that half of your videos are broken!
(specifically the first video and the post-battle video.)

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
I rather like Sumire's music, it's rather catchy. Also, that had to be one of the most perfect ways to run a boss fight ever.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I think everybody's combo attack is an orbital strike of love. It's just that when it happened with Maria, there was only one left.

Miroku's schtick during her boss fight will be to take out her own Wakiji to power up before the Flower Division can, seeing what's happened so far.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Curse you in advance Kohran chapter! And we just got people to start going to the Kanna side :saddowns:

Curse you Kohran and your explosive explosives! :argh:

Greaseman
Aug 12, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

[Ogami and Sumire]

We're married!

Well, it's over, all of you who voted for someone else. You lose.

Forever.

maybe

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

I am the culmination of all that is wrong with japan.
It is now Kohran's time to commit Ogami to the loony bin. Until then shes gonna enjoy every nook and cranny she can find(and make some more in the process).

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Just popping in to say--

GruntyThrst posted:

I'm so excited for the next chapter I'm not going to point out that half of your videos are broken!
(specifically the first video and the post-battle video.)

-- GOOOOOOOGLE!! :argh:

Reuploading and/or putting up Youtube links.

EDIT: Youtube links (for the unavailable videos) up!

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jun 5, 2008

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I have been waiting for this chapter for so long. :science:

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Spirit Armor posted:

Hm. Just noticed that these giant robots look a bit different from usual...

Does that mean we're getting some sort of hyper-advanced steam robot upgrade this next chapter? Cool. :)

Terashell
Dec 19, 2007

Gaben-chan~
C-Could it be?! KOHRAN'S CHAPTER AT LONG LAST!? Praise Mecha-Jesus!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Spirit Armor posted:

-- GOOOOOOOGLE!! :argh:
And Google doesn't even let you have a little avatar next to your videos (I saw you changed it to Bike Ogami :3: )

That was officially the cheesiest win for a boss fight ever.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Spirit Armor posted:

[Sumire]

If he were to be treated by someone as violent as Kanna-san, the number of wounds would simply increase.

:icebu-- okay, she's got a point there.

Indeed

[quote=Spirit Armor

But now the critter can go back to its master!

It did a good job because it loves master! And now master will love it forever and ever.

Master must be so proud of it!

... was its last thought before Miroku crushes it into a splattering of goo and blood. :smith:

[/quote]

First the poor Wakiji and now the cute lil thing? Shes one lousy boss to have.

Spirit Armor posted:

[Kohran]

This is th' era of science!

For Our Lady of Explosions! Everything must explode! Maybe we can catch her converting the theater into a giant mecha.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

quote:

D'awwww :3:

quote:

:gonk: J-Jesus Christ!

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Awww, poor little hairy gremlin :(

redux
Apr 23, 2008
Oh man, that was the greatest boss battle EVER. :roflolmao:

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Circumstances have gone beyond my control.

Dominic Hokage posted:

Sure they are. I'll bet Kohran nurses those robotlets of hers in her uterus of love before sending them off to kamikaze the enemy.

Makes them more explodier.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I have never so sincerely wished a post didn't exist as I am right now wishing the above post didn't exist.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Morgenthau posted:

Sure they are. I'll bet Kohran nurses those robotlets of hers in her uterus of love before sending them off to kamikaze the enemy.

WHY YOU DO THIS?

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Morgenthau posted:

What do you think shes been doing in Ogami anyway? She wouldn't operate on herself, that a bit awkward to do. So the chibi death robos are stored in the same place as the Giant Steam Bazooka.

Forgot to mention it in my previous post, but boss battle ended by Wedding Crasher Ion Cannon in one blow is awesome.

Grunduggerer
Jan 20, 2007

Morgenthau posted:

The next chapter is all about Kohran and her illicit affair with the Flower Division Koubu. All of them, perhaps at the same time.

"Unspeaking Companions" :pervert:
"A Storm of Romance among the Taisho cherry blossoms" :pervert:
"Machines aren't born to do things like that!" (Until Kohran came along, anyway) :pervert:

(Is Koubu plural for Koubu? Koubus?)

Grunduggerer fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jun 5, 2008

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Morgenthau posted:

MOTHERFUCK, I've got to tell myself not to forget checking in once in a while. Shifting through 500+ posts of backdated replies and insanity is not good for your mental health. :downs:

Glad to see the trainwreck of love coming along! I estimate around two more character chapters before DECISION TIME.

You estimate correctly!

Also, you think catching up on 500+ posts is bad? Think about all the people who go through the entire thread for the first time. :v:

07 Users Suck posted:

I got it for Sega Saturn.

... oh god, you're right, I looked through the DC FAQs too and it's all Sakura's route.

The PS2 LIPS guides could kinda work for the scenes specific to other characters. Maybe.

LightWarden posted:

I rather like Sumire's music, it's rather catchy. Also, that had to be one of the most perfect ways to run a boss fight ever.

I was planning to save Ogami and Sumire's final combination attack until the boss fight anyway. I'd actually forgotten that it was seven mini-bosses instead of one giant boss fight, but the sheer amount of destruction worked out nicely. :haw:

Glazius posted:

Miroku's schtick during her boss fight will be to take out her own Wakiji to power up before the Flower Division can, seeing what's happened so far.

She probably crushes her employees, grinds them down into cereal, and eats them for breakfast anyway, so.

Ganduro posted:

I have been waiting for this chapter for so long. :science:

Yeah, I noticed! There's also the fact that the Kohran fans are starting to pour out of the woodwork.

She's blinded EVERYONE with science.

Wyvernil posted:

Hm. Just noticed that these giant robots look a bit different from usual...

Does that mean we're getting some sort of hyper-advanced steam robot upgrade this next chapter? Cool. :)

... it's a long story, but I can assure you that that's not what you think it is.

CannonFodder posted:

And Google doesn't even let you have a little avatar next to your videos (I saw you changed it to Bike Ogami :3: )

That was officially the cheesiest win for a boss fight ever.

I never change it manually. I think it just shifts to the midpoint thumbnail of one of your most recent videos. I kind of like it, though.

Mo' like the best win, amirite? :iamafag: If only all the other boss battles were so short and easy to screencap for.

Classtoise posted:

:gonk: J-Jesus Christ!

Who else here was expecting that she'd de-summon it or tuck it into a pocket or something?

The hairy gremlin thing wasn't even evil or anything! :gonk: If circumstances had been different, it probably could've been the Flower Division's annoying little mascot pet or something.

Morgenthau and Friends posted:

Kohran's Uterus

Just... no. I really don't want this thread to get weird weirder. :cry:

EDIT: Touché , Wyvernil. Touché.

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 6, 2008

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Spirit Armor posted:

Just... no. I really don't want this thread to get weird. :cry:

Weird-er, you mean. 'Cuz some of the stuff in this game is already pretty frickin' weird.

Spirit Armor posted:

... it's a long story, but I can assure you that that's not what you think it is.

My second guess is evil Koubu clones, but they're kind of missing the goatees.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Ah, finaly an explanation to the weird Cross-Eyed Koubu. I know Reni and Orihime drive them if the Sakura Wars OVA Intro is to be believed. but I didnt know about ones for the other Flower division members.

This should be interesting. And more Kohran is never a bad thing! :science:

Schadenfraulein
Dec 23, 2006
a front row seat to the gun show
The mystery Koubu...are they Eisenkleids from the first, failed European Hoshigumi? But there are five, not four, of them...

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I was reading up on the Hanagumi's real life counterpart, Takarazuka, and the parallels are pretty cool.

Just like the Takarazuka Revue, the Imperial Floral Acting/Assault Troupe has a Hanagumi (Flower Troupe), Tsukigumi (Moon Troupe, their ninja recon/intelligence group), Yukigumi (Snow Troupe, their spiritualist group that shows up in some of the anime, with priests, mediums, etc.), and Hoshigumi (Star Troupe). Takarazuka also has a Soragumi (Cosmos Troupe), but that was added in 1998, after the release of the first couple of ST games, so it's not included in the imperial groups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simpson fan
Jan 24, 2008
Great thread. The more Kohran the better.

• Locked thread