Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump

Mile'ionaha posted:

If I met a girl like Kanna: tall, strong, well endowed, and pretty fun to party with, I can assure you that I'd not be calling her a 'man' and kicking her outta bed.
Normally I'd let this slide but your avatar makes this totally hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Either way, I suppose this thread might only approach that level of insanity if all the games are done together in this one thread. Which I believe Spirit Armor has said will not be the case...
I hope he starts a seperate thread for each game; the more games you try doing in one thread, the harder it is to add to LPA, and the greater the chance that something will go horribly wrong and you end up with this.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.
Argh, sorry about the wait, I got a pretty late start on the update. It should be up later tonight.

Also, I'm starting a new thread for each individual game in the series. I'm not a masochist not that kind of masochist.

Dectilon
Aug 15, 2008

Remember that thou wast a servant in the land of LP, and that the Lord thy Master brought thee out thence through mighty balls and a stretched out dive.
Dectilon 5:15

Spirit Armor posted:

Argh, sorry about the wait, I got a pretty late start on the update. It should be up later tonight.

Also, I'm starting a new thread for each individual game in the series. I'm not a masochist not that kind of masochist.

Hah, it's great to finaly see you posting in real-time so to speak, having read through the entire thread in three days. Just in case you missed it after pages up and down of praise: you are awesome.

I wish I could play a game in this style for which you had written the script, man ^^

Terashell
Dec 19, 2007

Gaben-chan~

I got bored and had Jacobus Spades draw me something.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump

Terashell posted:

I love it!

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Oh God Thats Awesome.

Option 3!

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump
Ogami ought to have a move called the "Ticket-Taker" tho

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

----
[Ogami]

... well.

----

----
[Ogami]

I'd cherish this all-too-rare moment of peace and quiet if it didn't highlight the depressing fact that I am so very alone.

[Ogami]

... I mean, sure, they DO shower me with enough attention and enough tough love to rupture the more unspeakable orifices in my anatomy, and there's that whole connecting-on-a-spiritual-level thing, and everyone's kind of hot in their own vaguely disturbing ways, but...

[Ogami]

gently caress it! All these people do is use me! I'll show them that I'm not so starved for attention that I'll gladly latch onto their, their, their sadistic ways and their horrible abuse!

[Ogami]

This is my chance to rebel! If THEY can take up an entire chapter to develop their character and personalities, then I can, too! I'll show everyone the error of their ways!! I'll--

----

----
[Ogami]

Sumire-kun!?

[Ogami]

Y-you didn't forget about me?

[Sumire]

Of course not, you silly goose. Now come here and get down to your hands and feet so that I may use your back as a chair, I simply cannot be bothered to walk all the way to the chairs over there.

[Ogami]

S-someone appreciates me.

----

[Ogami]

What's up, Sumire-kun?

[Ogami]

Of course. I can certainly do that.

----
[Ogami]

Yaaaay, someone needs me!

----

----
[Ogami]

Wait a second, you just want to use me as manual labor because you're too lazy to--

----

----
[Ogami]

--scubblewubbleschlorp.

----

[Ogami]

Well, that's an honor... right, let's get to the dressing room.

[Sumire]

Yes... let's be off.

----

----

----

Suddenly, props which, uh.

[Sumire]

These are props from when we were performing "Seventh Heaven." A sword and shield, and a crown.

If you don't find your gaze immediately drawn to a point a few centimeters below the item pictures, then you're a stronger person than I.

[Sumire]

This prop was also used for "Seventh Heaven." It is a wig for Kohran, who played the part of a maid.

[Ogami]

Where should I return these to?

[Sumire]

These are all used in the theater, so perhaps they should go to the costume room or the props room.

----
[Ogami]

So the sword, shield, and crown go to the props room, and--

[Sumire]

What? No, the sword and shield are gifts of goodwill, Ensign. Do not forget to "Equip" your weapons and armor-- press "Select" to access the menu screen.

[Ogami]

Buh?

[Sumire]

You know full well what I am talking about! Your journey shall be long and arduous, Ensign, and you may be forced to grind levels on unusually large rodents, theater guests, or Kanna-san. So--

[Ogami]

No, I meant that... you honestly think that a sword and a shield will be enough to keep me safe from everything that roams the theater?

[Sumire]

Well, the sight of you clomping around with prop weapons should give you enough time to flee while your opponents laugh themselves silly.

[Ogami]

Well, okay, but everyone already laughs at me, so I don't see what difference it'll--

[Sumire]

... just nod, smile, and go on off already, Ensign.

----

[Ogami]

... I see. Right, I'll see you in a bit.

[Sumire]

I'll leave you to it, then.

It doesn't take too long for Ogami to reach his first destination.

In the meantime, I'll...

... skip the often repetitious...

... "I am now narrating the fact that I am now putting props on the floor! Whew, now I'm going to narrate the fact that I am now finished, yaaaaay :v:" dialogue.

Final destination.

All Fox, no CPUs, no stage hazards.

Items on.

Now that we've finished with the fetch quests, it's time to report back to Sumire and--

----
[Ogami]

[Ogami]

Wasn't I only gone for, like, two minutes? How--

[Sumire]

Well, you see, Ensign--

[Iris]

Yaaay, it's Oniichan!

[Ogami]

Oh, okay. Iris happened.

[Sumire]

N-no, Ensign, I just did my best.

[Iris]

Iris only got here after Sumire finished!

[Ogami]

Nope, you don't need to explain anything! Iris broke the universe again in some humorous manner and got the decorations finished in an inhuman amount of time, I completely understand.

[Sumire]

No, I honestly-- ... forget it.

----

[Ogami]

Hey, Sumire-kun and Iris. How are the preparations coming along?

----

----
[Ogami]

Ha ha ha, good work, Iris!

[Iris]

But Iris didn't actually do anything! This time.

[Sumire]

... Ensign, is it honestly that difficult to believe that I could do this on my own?

[Ogami]

Look, everyone has a special power, and it's a well-known fact that you specialize in being a lazy tit.

[Sumire]

WHAT did you say!?

[Ogami]

... well, okay, "a pair of tits" would probably be more accurate, but--

[Sumire]

Nevermind.

----

[Ogami]

Man oh man, I finally finished just now.

... yeah, Ogami really has no right to rag on Sumire about being a lazy tit. :what:

[Sumire]

Yes. All that is left to do is to wait for the party to begin, I see.
Ensign, please go check on how the others are doing.

Translation: This scene's done, go trigger another character-specific scene Go bug someone else.

[Ogami]

Got it. I'll go do that.

Me, I'm more worried about what Maria's up to in the kitchen.

[Ogami]

You said that you were cooking something for the party, right, Maria?

----
[Ogami]

Cooking up A BARREL OF PAIN, PERHAPS!?

[Maria]

... no, Captain.

[Ogami]

Man, no flair for the dramatic.

----

Haha, you're telling me... I have enough problems making food for one.

----

[Ogami]

Granted, my skill with cooking doesn't amount to much. I'd be glad if I could be of some use.

Later, Maria would realize that assuming that Ogami's help would SAVE her a lot of trouble was uncharacteristically naive of her.

I mean, it WAS established last chapter that all the man KNOWS about cooking is that LOVE IS ALL-POWERFUL.

[Maria]

Thank you very much! I will be the one dealing with the recipe, so please don't worry!

----
[Ogami]

Great! I'm happier when I don't have to think.

[Maria]

Oh, Captain, you and your jokes.

[Ogami]

[Ogami]

(Holy poo poo, she's perky and cheerful and not trying to chomp my balls off.)

[Ogami]

(... she probably has a fever or something. Poor girl.)

----

[Ogami]

Maria, what should I do?

[Maria]

I'm planning to cook something called "borscht"...

[Maria]

As expected, Captain. So you know of it.

[Ogami]

I haven't actually seen or eaten the real deal before, though.

----
[Ogami]

I'd just... y'know, eaten soup that may or may not have resembled borscht in a multitude of different yet passingly superficial ways.

[Maria]

You were guessing again, weren't you.

[Ogami]

Look, do you honestly believe that your average not-born-in-Russia-at-all person would know anything about Russian cuisine!?

----

[Maria]

I'm looking forward to what sort of stew we will end up with.

----
[Maria]

Preferably, we shall end up with something palatable and vaguely soup-like in texture.

----

[Ogami]

Eeh!? That wasn't what you'd said. Weren't you going to be telling me how to do the cooking!?

[Maria]

At any rate, it is because we're cooking for many people. If we do not divide up the labor...

[Ogami]

That's true... but just as long as I don't fail horribly.

I...

I was GOING to say "not if it kills them!", but then I remembered just what kind of women we're dealing with here. :pseudo:

[Maria]

Now, Captain. Let us do our best to cook up something delicious!

Yay!

... yeah, I just can't shake the vague feeling that Maria's gotten a lobotomy or something. :gonk:

[Maria]

First... please deal with these potatoes.

Probably because your day job and your entire loving fighting style are so focused on cutting things that you have an honorary master's degree in cutting things. :geno:

Anyways, getting this task out of the way isn't particularly difficult.

... though he's obscenely proud of his masterwork.

[Maria]

They've been cut into good-looking shapes... it's as if they were cut by a famous chef.

It. It's just cutting potatoes, Maria.

Granted, if all Ogami has left is "look at me, I can cut potatoes! :buddy:" and he's saying that with a glazed look in his eyes, then maybe it's best to humor the poor bastard. :unsmith:

[Ogami]

Heheheh... thanks. It's because back when I was in the navy... we made curry pretty often.

----
[Ogami]

The seasoning... of PAIN!

[Maria]

Seriously, will you just stop?

[Ogami]

Aw, c'mon, you can't just leave random ellipses lying around like that, you've got to use them properly! Strut your stuff!!

----

Yes, the quotation marks were present in the original. It's as if she expects Ogami to just kind of stare at her and go--

----
[Ogami]

Ketchup? What the gently caress is ketchup?

[Maria]

It's a type of condiment made from tomatoes, Captain.

[Ogami]

... that doesn't sound very hygienic.

----

[Maria]

I'll be making the ingredients for the pirozhki, so... I shall leave the seasoning to you.

----
[Ogami]

Man, I wonder what Maria's up to.

----
[Ogami]

I've never heard of pirozhki before! Sure, it's foreign and it might make us all go crazy and do crazy foreign things at each other, but it still sounds interesting.

----

----
[Ogami]

Then again, I've never been much of a bread person myself, it's mostly rice farmers where I come from.

----

----
[Ogami]

I still remember that kid next door who wanted to be a baker. Hah, those were the days! I--

----

[Maria]

Can't you find... the "ketchup"? It should be on that shelf.

----
[Ogami]

-- never knew that you could have spiritually-powerful bakers! What was his power called again? Solar hands? Oh, right, seasoning. Eh, "ketchup" can gently caress itself.

----

[Ogami]

Here, it's gotta be... well, a borscht with miso might taste pretty good.

... clearly, Ogami is to chefs what Frankenstein was to scientists.

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Apr 2, 2013

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

[Maria]

... hm, okay. This should do it for the pirozhki . All that's left is to fry it in oil... there.

Great, she didn't catch on. Now let's--

[Maria]

Hmhmh~m...

Wha--

----

Wait, that was adora--

[Maria]

It's fine to just keep it at a medium flame, so it is fairly simple... now then, I'm leaving it to you.

----

[Ogami]

... yeah, she'd probably go spare if that happened. There's only one path open to me, then.

----

----
[Ogami]

Better safe than sorry!

----

[Ogami]

This much should be fine...

[Maria]

Once you've adjusted the heat, all that's left is to let it simmer.
I am going to get the plates, so could you turn off the heat when the time's right?

[Ogami]

Aah, I got it. All I need to do is watch the pot, right?

----

----

"All that's left is to let it simmer," she says.

Well, nothing-- nothing-- in this universe is complete without one thing, and one thing alone:

Steam power. :colbert:

[Ogami]

Right... now to stop the flame and let it get steam-cooked. After all, what's important is to give it time.

One that's not dirty, I'd assume.

[Maria]

The borscht looks deliciou... wh--!!

----
[Ogami]

Hey, you have to admit that it takes mad skills to gently caress up a recipe so much that it becomes an entirely different dish.

[Maria]

No it--

[Maria]

Well, alright, I see your point, but that doesn't change the fact that we are left with a pot of pork miso soup.

[Ogami]

H-hey, I'm sure it'll work out somehow!

----

[Maria]

K-Kanna!? When did you...

----

[Kanna]

Because you didn't turn off the flame immediately after putting in the seasonings, the soup's innate flavor wasn't overpowered!

----
[Ogami]

Good god, Kanna, how in the world...?

[Kanna]

Well, what can I say? The nose kno--

[Ogami]

No puns.

[Kanna]

The tongue tel--

[Ogami]

NO PUNS.

----

[Maria]

N-no... it was the Captain who cooked this soup...

[Kanna]

If it's alright with you... could you become my cook? Your skills've stolen my heart!

[Ogami]

Eek!?

At this point, I think everyone but Maria and Kohran has propositioned Ogami in some way or other, and even then, don't quote me on that. :gonk:

And she dashes off.

----

What Can't Ichir--

Eh, you know the rest. :eng99:

----

Aaah... you can hear that old barely-suppressed exasperage building up.

Good ol' Maria.

[Ogami]

S... sorry...

[Maria]

It's thanks to you, Captain. Thank you.

But instead of rage, we get GOOD END.

... man. That one theory about every main character eventually drifting into something akin to Sakura? It's starting to look more and more likely at this rate. :smith:

[Ogami]

Even so, I didn't know that you could cook, Maria.

I... think that's her line.

Hell, I think that's EVERYONE'S line at this point.

[Ogami]

With that thing in the costumes room, I'm really seeing a lot of unexpected sides to you today, Maria...

[Ogami]

It's not... really something to be shy about, isn't it?

----
[Ogami]

I mean, if it was ME doing that, then yes, you'd be worried...

----

[Ogami]

Besides, it makes me happy to see those parts of you that are like a normal girl...

----
[Ogami]

'Cause I mean, god knows we don't get nearly enough normality in this place.

----

Pfft--

Pshaw, yeah right, we've already seen this pose last update. I'm used to this. I can totally handle--

[Maria]

Captain... please don't tease me so much...

----
[Maria]

Oh, and I still have to go cry over the fact that you have completely ruined the Russian soup that I have been planning to make for a good long while now.

[Ogami]

... you're still angry about that, aren't you.

----

[Ogami]

Aah, I got it. Now then, see you in a bit.

Fffffff--

FFFFFFF--

[Ogami]

Iris, what kind of preparations are you doing?

----

[Iris]

There just happen to be two memos, so let's split them between you and me, Oniichan.

That's the problem when the person you want to avoid is able to read minds: damned if you do, damned if you don't, damned if you try to weasel your way out of it.

[Ogami]

Understood. So what I have to do is prepare what's written on my part of the list, right?

[Iris]

Yup! Bring them to the dressing room when you find all of them, okay?

----

That's certainly an... eccentric list.

[Ogami]

I should be able to find them all if I go to the kitchen and the cafeteria.

IT CAME FROM FRANCE, PART TWO: RETURN OF THE IRIS.

[Ogami]

Uwah! You surprised me.

----
[Ogami]

Christ. Be more careful with those teleports, will you? The last thing I need is death by telefrag.

[Iris]

Telefrag?

[Ogami]

Yeah, you know, when someone teleports right into a space already occupied by another person, the latter explodes in a gigantic shower of--

[Ogami]

Uh.

[Iris]

[Ogami]

... oh why the gently caress did I tell you that.

[Iris]

Iris is going to--

[Ogami]

No testing this out on other people, Iris.

[Iris]

Not even if they're just NPCs, Oniichan?

[Ogami]

Especially if they're NPCs. That's a slippery slope right there, Iris.

[Iris]

Spoilsport.

----

[Ogami]

Wh-what's up, Iris.

He is helping you get cups, knives, and some matches.

It is not particularly challenging or praiseworthy. :gonk:

----

----

That's the fiftieth time she's thanked Ogami.

It's as if she's trying to work off all that past guilt from when she kept thrashing him from chapters one through three four final number unavailable.

[Ogami]

Likewise. It was a lot of fun. By the way, I came to pick up a few things for the party...

YOU-A HEART :buddy:

... yeah, I know I've said that at least thrice before, it's just that the way I translate their conversations they speak, these folks are just ASKING for horrible romantic cliches.

[Ogami]

I was told to bring back cups and knives... and also, some matches.

----

----

A cup.

A knife.

----
[Ogami]

Maria, I'm pretty sure you said PLURAL. Why is there only one of each?

[Maria]

If you want something done right, Captain, do it yourself.

[Ogami]

No, seriously, are you trying to recreate Six Girls One Cup or something like that?

[Maria]

Cups and knives are valuable commodities, Captain, I cannot simply hand them out to whoever shows up and asks for them.

[Ogami]

I-I've lived in this theater for months!

[Maria]

Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that someone who would confuse a Russian soup for pork miso soup lived here.

[Ogami]

Are you STILL mad about that!?

[Maria]

[Ogami]

Fine, fine, just give me the drat matches.

----

[Maria]

All that's left are the matches. I believe they were near the gas stove...

----

----
[Ogami]

Oh good, they're plural.

[Ogami]

... and they're soaked. Thanks, Maria.

[Maria]

Soaked in oil so that your head will explode when you try to light it.

[Ogami]

That's not physically possible.

[Maria]

You stand here in this theater, surrounded by girls who are basically walking spiritual energy generators and by steam-powered robots that actually become lighter when activated, and you try to claim that something is physically impossible?

[Ogami]

[Ogami]

I'm putting Iris on match-lighting duty.

----

[Ogami]

You've really helped me out.

[Maria]

You're very welcome. Please look forward to today's food, okay?

Well, THIS fetch quest's finally over.

----

----

... and all I got was this cut-and-pasted conversation.

[Ogami]

Here, Iris. I've brought what was on my list.

Not shown: Each picture of each item flying straight into Sumire's cleavage.

[Iris]

Thanks to you doing half of it, I'm already done with my work!

[Sumire]

Ensign, it is not good to pamper Iris so much.

You're one to talk, Ms. I Need Someone Else To Help Me Do One Person's Job. :colbert:

[Ogami]

It looks like you're about finished tidying up the dressing room.

[Sumire]

Yes. All that is left to do is to wait for the party to begin, I see.

----
[Ogami]

Look, could you just stop copy-pasting your replies?

[Sumire]

No. All that is left to do is to wait for the party to begin, I see.

[Ogami]

Fine! Be that way!

----

[Ogami]

Got it. I'll go do that.

----
[Ogami]

I'LL COPY-PASTE MY REPLIES, TOO!

----

It was a petty victory, but a victory nonetheless.

Ogami was quite proud of himself. :unsmith:

NEXT TIME: Backs are broken! Brains are broken! Ogami is-- you know.

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Apr 2, 2013

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

Spirit Armor posted:

[Ogami]

Besides, it makes me happy to see those parts of you that are like a normal girl...

:quagmire:

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Spirit Armor posted:

Not shown: Each picture of each item flying straight into Sumire's cleavage.
:( Disappointing.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Cups to hold the blood, knives to extract the blood, matches to light the candles of human tallow...

I wonder if they just got Iris to teleport the ceiling decorations into place, I don't think any of the girls are tall enough and Sumire isn't going up a ladder.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Spirit Armor Post 1 posted:

[Ogami]

Wasn't I only gone for, like, two minutes? How--

[Sumire]

Well, you see, Ensign--

[Iris]

Yaaay, it's Oniichan!

This almost seemed like a slip, but then I remembered Ogami-bot. Clearly there are multiple copies!

Spirit Armor Post 2 posted:

----
[Ogami]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/Sumiyoshi/ST%20LP/Ogami-Srsly.jpg[/IMG[
I mean, if it was ME doing that, then yes, you'd be worried...

And sorry to be nitpicky, but the tags on this one are messed up.

Other than that, great update! I'm guessing we skipped a lot of tedious stuff, there, and SA just kept bringing the funny.

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.

Spirit Armor posted:

----
[Ogami]

Oh good, they're plural.

[Ogami]

... and they're soaked. Thanks, Maria.

Soaked, but in what? :supaburn:

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

demota posted:

Oh...

Oh no.

EVERYONE RUN! THE ICE QUEEN IS MELTING!!

Vote Sumire!
Your affection will not cause her to melt!

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Oh...

Oh no.

EVERYONE RUN! THE ICE QUEEN IS MELTING!!

Vote Sumire!
Your affection will not cause her to melt!

Maria. Because if she doesn't melt, how w...

You know what? gently caress it, I can't even finish that. It is so far beyond the realm of bad taste and just general creepiness that I can't even finish the next few innocuous words.

07 Users Suck
Jul 21, 2007
They ought to stop letting people register.
What did they put into the girls drinking water to give them the same mental problems as Sakura? At this point I'm almost afraid Sakura is going to show up and literally drag Ogami off to some dark corner of the theater never to be seen again except in bits and pieces.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
What would have happened if you made the borscht correctly?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Silentman0 posted:

It... would have been delicious borscht?

Or maybe not, since there weren't any freaking BEETS in it.

I imagine there are combinations that any given person in the theater would find delicious, that perhaps you might find if you visited the kitchen in earlier episodes. At least that's where I'd put them.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Mmm, pirozhki. Delicious. And while I'm not a fan of beets in general, borscht isn't half bad either.

Pork miso sounds better, though. As long as I don't think too hard about the fact that the pork spontaneously appeared.

Spirit Armour posted:

:swoon:

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

ToxicFrog posted:

Pork miso sounds better, though. As long as I don't think too hard about the fact that the pork spontaneously appeared.
Building's so full of easily disturbed, psychic young women, you only need to poke reality JUST SO to have breaches in causality. I think sometimes we forget ALL the girls(and Ogami) are psychic, only Iris has more power to mess around with.

Probably how Yoneda gets his booze too, he just rips it right out of thin air.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

07 Users Suck posted:

Yare Yare Daze...

Hey, just as Sakura Wars would benefit from ridiculously over-the-top Jojo mojo, the Jojo series would totally improve if it started drawing from campy dating sim plots.

Just give me a second to figure out HOW.

TheGreenAvenger posted:

You bastard. I left SA for the express reason of returning AFTER you finished this LP.

You might have better luck in another year or so, I might actually manage to start the first chapter of the second game by then. :v:

ToxicFrog posted:

Whew! Finally caught up completely. This LP brings the awesome. And the giant walls of text and screenshots.

Of course, now I have no idea who I'm going to vote for. Or rather, I know who (Maria, Kanna and Kouran)*, but I have no idea what order to put them in. In particular, Kouran's chapter has messed things up; when she looks sad I have an overwhelming urge to :sympathy: until she feels better.

Yeah, I can see how sad Kohran could blindside most people, especially since she's so cheery that she's bouncing off the walls in previous chapters.

Well, uh, congrats for catching up! You've actually come in at a pretty good time, the voting's not as far off as it could have been.

Tomn posted:

Which reminds me, in that one scene where you told Maria that she should have tried on something like Sakura did in the play "Because of Love", does that unlock Maria looking for that shirt? Or does she do so anyways and Ogami just hit close to home?

The scene occurs whether or not you compliment Maria; he just managed to pin her down through sheer luck.

Which is kind of amazing, given that canon Ogami is usually about as sharp as a brick. :downs:

Roger Explosion posted:

I always like seeing the character that goes through the most dramatic character change have the good end, and lords knows, the poor girl needs someone to love her.

Pshaw, everyone in the theater loves Maria.

Admittedly, they love her in the same way that most people love gravity, since it's the only thing keeping everyone from going off the deep end.

Terashell, Grunduggerer, Canuck-Errant posted:

Spontaneous Song

You guys are nuts.

Don't ever change. :colbert:

Nick Buntline posted:

Not even remotely. There have been multiple people who have joined solely to express their support for Kanna's clear superiority, myself included. So don't fret - when the voting comes, we'll sweep the polls like a tidal wave.

...seriously though, Spirit Armor's going to have to start a new thread for the voting, isn't he? I mean, it's either that or have twenty pages of one-word posts in the middle of this one.

After sifting through replies from three pages back holy poo poo, I am now living in fear of what'll happen to this thread when voting begins.

I don't think it'd be kosher to slap open another thread, however. I mean, honestly, what's the worse that cokay I'm not finishing that sentence.

Dectilon posted:

God man... This game is 100% pure clichée. Every single character is a piece of cardboard with exactly 2 sides and nothing more. Everything... EVERYTHING is so predictable that it hurts.

Regardless of what "personality" a character starts out with she will eventually degenerate into Sakura. And you'll get to see more of that happening to whoever "wins" so to speak. So, if you really care for your character of choice, save it from such a horrible fate and vote for the complete opposite of what you want!

I've played a few games similar to this one (reflecting on it I'll be damned if I know why :/ ) and they always end the same way

HOWEVER! I've read all the way through this thing because of the power, inventiveness and comedic brilliance of our narrator, and I shall continue to do so! Bravo, sir, bravo. If your script was interjected into the game in place of the real one it would possibly be the best game ever made as opposed to another misogynist exercise among many : )

Yeah, that's true; continuous plot-driven dating sims tend to fall into the trap of letting their heroines blend together hem hem Galaxy Angel hem hem. I think Sakura Wars deserves props for throwing curveballs, though-- the timed answer selections, the ability to actually CHOOSE "no answer" by not answering, and an actual strategy game make a pretty large difference.

Also, glad you're liking the LP! Though if this was used to replace the actual script, you'd probably end up with some kind of survival RPG where Ogami's main job is protecting Japan from his teammates.

... also there's no way anyone will be able to degenerate into Sakura in this game. Trust me on this. :v:

Glazius posted:

If the unite attacks are any indication, Ogami's going to be the one who winds up changing. So, pick what you want: a science ninja in a bright orange jumpsuit, a bad boy on an Arrest Me Red motorbike, a happy-go-lucky beach bum, a hot-blooded secret agent in cold Mother Russia, a plaything in the mind of an Elder God, or... um... something so generic I forgot what it was?

This. This is the fine line that stops a dating sim from turning into a harem game.

... it doesn't have much to do with anything, but it's something that's been on my mind for a while. :v:

Morgenthau posted:

I shudder to think of where the next LP Spirit Armor does, as the other Sakura War games are hell more intricate and longer than this one (Except for 4. 4 was a cop-out.)

I'm most worried about 2, because 2 is fucklong.

On the other hand, I probably won't need to take as many pictures of the battles, what with the forced camera view and the Saturn-era graphics and all... but that doesn't address the issue of LOADS OF TEXT.

Terashell posted:

[quote="Terashell"]

Oh my god.

Frontpaged. Just... frontpaged. :iia:

Semiru posted:

Nitpicking

Never apologize for nitpicking, I miss tags left and right whenever I update-- I should be thanking you for pointing this out.

Also, I fixed the mistakes you pointed out. Your post now looks delusional. :iamafag:

demota posted:

I was ORIGINALLY going to follow it up with "soaked in oil so that your head will detonate in a gigantic fireball when you try to light it", but I'm pretty sure that it isn't physically possi--

Wait, since when did THAT stop anyone in this game from doing anything ever?

Silentman0 posted:

Glazius posted:

It... would have been delicious borscht?

Or maybe not, since there weren't any freaking BEETS in it.

I imagine there are combinations that any given person in the theater would find delicious, that perhaps you might find if you visited the kitchen in earlier episodes. At least that's where I'd put them.

What Glazius said.

Also, Silentman0, your avatar always gets that song stuck in my head. Also, nostalgia bomb on account of SRW EX.

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Circumstances have gone beyond my control.

Spirit Armor posted:

[Ogami]

So what parts of her that AREN'T of a normal girl? :gonk:

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Morgenthau posted:

So what parts of her that AREN'T of a normal girl? :gonk:

The parts of her that are a mecha pilot and a sniper that can outshoot grizzled veterans who've spent decades on a battlefield? :v:

Oh, and her ice-cold heart that beats with the memory of that night of the war that can never be forgotten etc.

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Circumstances have gone beyond my control.
Hey if anything anime has thought us, being battle-scarred and cold is the quintessential experience for a young girl's life.

Initially I was afraid Ohgami found out that Maria was hiding a 14-inch dick under her bathrobe or something.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Morgenthau posted:

Hey if anything anime has thought us, being battle-scarred and cold is the quintessential experience for a young girl's life.

Initially I was afraid Ohgami found out that Maria was hiding a 14-inch dick under her bathrobe or something.

No, that's Kanna.

Too easy, but sometimes you need to pick the low-hanging fruit.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

No, that's Kanna.

Too easy, but sometimes you need to pick the low-hanging fruit.

No, my commenting on the use of the phrase "low-hanging fruit" in reference to Kanna's junk is what's too easy.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I'M CUTTEN TATERS!

I don't know why, but I spent a good 5 minutes laughing my rear end off at that expression as applied to chopping a loving potato.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Spirit Armor posted:

Also, I fixed the mistakes you pointed out. Your post now looks delusional. :iamafag:

You... you bastard! :argh:

Keep up the good work!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Terashell posted:

I have an older idea but no ability to draw, can I get Jacobus Spades to draw me something? It's Sakura Wars related, but not quite as good as OHSHITITSIRIS

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

CannonFodder posted:

I have an older idea but no ability to draw, can I get Jacobus Spades to draw me something? It's Sakura Wars related, but not quite as good as OHSHITITSIRIS
Hit me up on AIM if you can't get him. If I think it's good, I'll take a crack at it. I'm no Jacobus, but I can at least give it form.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

GruntyThrst posted:

I'M CUTTEN TATERS!

I don't know why, but I spent a good 5 minutes laughing my rear end off at that expression as applied to chopping a loving potato.

Ogami needs BURNING SPIRIT for everything. If only to distract himself from reality.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump

veekie posted:

Ogami needs BURNING SPIRIT for everything. If only to distract himself from reality.
I think you're on to something. What if it's less "Noble spirit of the hot-blooded warrior" and more "OH GOD I NEED THE RUSH, GIVE ME MY COMBAT HIGH"?

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!

Kirbyoto posted:

I think you're on to something. What if it's less "Noble spirit of the hot-blooded warrior" and more "OH GOD I NEED THE RUSH, GIVE ME MY COMBAT HIGH"?

Ogami's brain was a lost cause the moment he stepped into the theater. His body, on the other hand, may not be able to withstand his daily overdoses of adrenaline.

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a heart attack in the middle of the final battle. :gonk:

little_firebird fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Sep 14, 2008

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

little_firebird posted:

Ogami's brain was a lost cause the moment he stepped into the theater. His body, on the other hand, may not be able to withstand his daily overdoses of adrenaline.

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a heart attack in the middle of the final battle. :gonk:

Hes already dead inside, just running on pure GAR now.

RattyZ
Apr 22, 2008

quote:

quote:

little_firebird posted:

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a heart attack in the middle of the final battle.

Hes already dead inside, just running on pure GAR now.

This thread has been a source of comedy timing gold for the past 40 or so pages.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
To truly be a hot-blooded master of everything, though, Ogami must learn the ways of Gurren Lagen Torren Toppa and explode enemies with the sheer power of his hot-blooded awesome.

Also, I wonder what it'll be like if Ogami took on sleeping/eating/walking to the market in his hot-blooded manner.

"HARNASSING THE GIFT OF EVOLUTION! INERTIA IS NO MATCH! TAKE THIS- TWIN! LEG! MOVE!"

Reallycoolname fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Sep 15, 2008

Verty
Jul 27, 2007

Oh my god! The puppy orphanage!

Reallycoolname posted:

"HARNASSING THE GIFT OF EVOLUTION! INERTIA IS NO MATCH! TAKE THIS- TWIN! LEG! MOVE!"

Dammit now I wish I had this internal commentary happening every time I go somewhere... It would be so EPIC!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terashell
Dec 19, 2007

Gaben-chan~

Verty posted:

Dammit now I wish I had this internal commentary happening every time I go somewhere... It would be so EPIC!

You don't? Man, you're missing out! Every moment of my life is like pure GAR/Spiral fueled AWESOME. :iamafag:

• Locked thread