Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
I've been really enjoying this thread; I'd have replied earlier but I'm limited to 56k at the moment so it's, uh, taken me a while to read through all the updates. Your hilarious commentary would make this a very impressive LP on its own, but the fact that you're also taking the trouble to translate everything yourself pushes it over the line to awesome.

Also, consider this a vote for Sumire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Bakanogami posted:

Same here, though I think that some of the SRW games would take first priority, since they've only translated the OGs IIRC.

There are also fan translations of SRW and SRW3 (by Aeon Genesis, so you know they're good), and AG have about half a dozen other SRW games on the backburner. I don't think you're ever going to see official translations of a SRW game besides the OGs, for legal reasons if nothing else -- sorting out all the intellectual property issues would be a nightmare.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Rose wood posted:

(Did they switch the colbert and crossarms emoticons? This post's going to look odd when they change that back...)

They've been like that ever since I signed up here, which leads me to believe they're not likely to be changed back in the immediate future.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

2) Played through the second chapter, but I sort of botched it up (and by 'sort of', I mean 'I think Sakura and Iris are going to team up to castrate Ogami').

Are we going to get to see the gory details of said botch-up? Because that sounds potentially hilarious.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Bakanogami posted:

:words::hf::ssh:

All of this constitutes more excellent reasons to vote for Sumire and not Maria. :colbert:

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

I'd heard of Sakura Wars before this thread but didn't really know anything about it. This is one of my favourite LPs at the moment, so it's great to see another update.

Also, the rest of the team needs to loving stop cockblocking Sumire. Metaphorically speaking, of course. I mean, she doesn't have a literal cock to block...

... right? :gonk:

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Grunduggerer posted:

2. Um, so why is Kohran naked while she's working on her laundry machine?

Because washing all her clothing at once is more efficient! :pseudo:

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Kanna, whilst, uh, impressive, is frighteningly mannish. My vote remains unswayed. :colbert:

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Morgenthau posted:

See, that's what I meant. Kanna blushing is so wrong, it's creepy.

And by "creepy" you mean "adorable". :colbert:

If it means we can see more of blushing Kanna, I just might have to change my vote.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Semiru posted:

:neckbeard: Hooray! Sumire's winning!

...Oh poo poo, Sakura's coming second. I fear something terrible is going to happen to Sumire... :(

You think that's bad? Iris isn't on the list this time, so there's no way of knowing where she places. :tinfoil:

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Apraxin posted:

Sumire is 16. Sixteen.

:what::hf::gonk:

Okay, I'm changing my vote to Kanna now.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Finagle posted:

....seriously, why are all super skilled heroes/heroines in their early 20s at BEST?

It's a pretty basic marketing strategy to make your main characters slightly older than your target audience: young enough that the audience can still identify with them, but sufficiently older to give them an aura of coolness. The theory goes that young kids want to hear about tweens, tweens want to hear about teenagers, and teenagers want to hear about young adults. You'll notice that as the average video game player has gotten older, so have video game protagonists.

(This raises some unsettling questions about the target audience of, say, Evangelion, given that the main characters are supposed to be 14 years old... :gonk: )

Also, what exactly is Ayame drawing on that blackboard? It looks like flying pairs of Y-fronts.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

I'd ask why on earth you'd think that a steam-powered mecha would need a scrotum, but I'm scared that you'll have an answer.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Icedude posted:

Actually, if it came down to deciding between Sumire and Maria, I'd vote Mario.

EDIT: Oh god, I mean Maria! MariA! :doh:

I'm a little disappointed that that was a typo because the mental image it conjured was hi-larious.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Canuck-Errant posted:

22 pages and still not gold? I'm surprised. v:shobon:v

You were saying?

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

Changing my vote to Kohran now.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

If I may quote you from earlier in the thread,

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

I am not sure what the gently caress I just read, but I hope there will be more of it.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Now if you can just get Sumire in there with you, you can bust out your secret sake stash and we can all enjoy a drunke{Transmission terminated for Violation of Common Decency}

Y'know, come to think of it, Sumire being 16 does explain the whole extreme alcohol sensitivity thing. She's not actually drunk, she just thinks that's how people are supposed to act when they drink.

(Or, then again, she might just be extremely sensitive to alcohol. My sister once attempted to single-handedly stop the Gulf War after one glass of wine, but that's a story for another time.)

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

And I'm definitely making new threads for the other games, and that's assuming that I won't have to make a NEW thread just for this game. On that note, does anyone happen to know the max post/page count per thread?

I don't think there is one as such, but if you start to see weird glitches like posts appearing out of temporal order it's time to start a new thread. I know that happened in a couple of the Obama threads, but they were running to 100 pages or more.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

This is both funnier and more disturbing if you know the original version of the story. Mostly the latter. :gonk:

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

I'm assuming it's an Iris plushie until evidence proves otherwise.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

YodaTFK posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1ruQefJ7B4&feature=related

Some kind soul uploaded a complete combination attack collection.

Man alive, Kohran's attack is awesome... and Sumire's is an interesting insight into her character.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Is it just me or is the Koi Koi video not working?

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

It's too bad we can't vote for an Ogami/Kanna/Sumire menage a trois. The three of them were clearly made for each other.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

ZeeToo posted:

I'm dense. I have no idea what you're trying to tell me.

Presumably Kanna is comparing Maria to some kind of terrifying Nordic warrior-maiden, and Maria is pissed off because Kanna got her ethnicity wrong.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

1. Sumire
2. Kanna
3. Maria

We need to give Sumire a chance to be useful in combat at least once.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

With a bit of lateral thinking, you can make a link even more unobtrusive.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Camel Pimp posted:

Aren't we, like, supposed to be dating Maria? I recall there was some big kerfuffle about that earlier, about who to date.... whatever happened to that?

Don't you have an LP you should be updating? :colbert:

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Slaan posted:

I thought M*A*S*H was about Vietnam, a war that ran on for 7(?) years.

It may have been about Vietnam, but it was set during the Korean War.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

wdarkk posted:

Spirit Armor hasn't posted anywhere since July :ohdear:

He hardly ever posted outside of this thread anyway, so it's not like that's an especially dire sign.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

PantsTheReaper posted:

Weird, that's the way I've always linked in emotes. Unless that's not it. I'm not very well informed on things like linking.

Long story short, many websites will prevent you from accessing images from anywhere except the site they came from in order to prevent image leeching. That's the issue here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Chapter 9 out of... oh wow, you're three-quarters of the way to being finished fixing all the old images. More than that, really, since half of Chapter 11 is already on lpix. Keep up the good work!

• Locked thread