Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

I remember checking out this thread when it first started. I skimmed it, but then for some reason decided to ignore it. Then, after seeing that it was still going, I thought I'd take another look.

I can't believe that I ignored this thread. The way you've been handling this game is freaking incredible. And, as a plus, the game itself isn't bad at all.

For a long time, I've been torn between voting for Kohran (BRAINS!) or Kanna (BRAWN!), but seeing as how so many people have been voting for Kanna, it seems that Kohran gets my vote (for now).

Son Conan fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 18, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Okay, this update just might be one of the funniest things I've seen today. The way that you handle all of the "unofficial" dialogue and characters is amazing.

My vote continues to go with Kohran.

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Wow, and here I thought the whole "Iris is a Dark Lovecraftian God of Destruction" was a JOKE.

Fortunately, we have the lovely Kohran and her God-given gift of :science: to deal with this threat.

Or we can have Kanna jump-kick her. That'll work too.

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

:swoon:

I'm finding it real hard to choose between Kohran and Kanna right now. Everytime I start leaning towards one of them, something like this happens that just drags me the other way.

Also, Iris as Magus was just plain awesome.

Son Conan fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 1, 2008

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

I only have one thing to add to the Kohran love-fest:

GIANT. STEAM. BAZOOKA.

Son Conan fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 16, 2008

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Locus Cosecant posted:

Isn't Sumire the Japanese name for some sort of flower? Yeah, hitting up the Japanese-English dictionary: "sumire: violet (any flower of genus Viola, esp. the Fuji dawn, Viola mandshurica)".
Actually, ALL of our favorite fighter girls in this game are named after flowers (courtesy of Wikipedia):

Sakura: Cherry Blossom (perhaps the most obvious one for Japanese)
Iris: Iris (again, obvious)
Sumire: Violet (as you mentioned)
Maria: Tachibana Orange
Kohran: Japanese for "Crimson Orchid" (also, her last name, Li, means "plum")
Kanna: Canna Lily, but also Paulownia tree (Kiri) and Kirishima azaela

Edit: also, I find Kanna playing Sun Wukong to be VERY amusing. I'm also assuming that Sumire is playing Tripitaka (although I keep thinking she should be Zhu Bajie (Pigsy))

Son Conan fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 4, 2008

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Chairon posted:

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Yeah, Kohran might be outclassed in the "tracts of land" category, but when it comes to legs, she's got everyone beat.

But I agree with you, choosing between Kanna and Kohran can be a pretty tough choice.

P.S.: Those little facial expressions of hers are just plain ADORABLE :glomp:.

Son Conan fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Apr 8, 2008

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Schadenfraulein posted:

Kanna's sad face is more adorable.

Kanna is cute. :colbert:
:sympathy:

Of all your muscles, Kanna, the biggest one by far is your heart.

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Schadenfraulein posted:

Here's a full-length image of Kanna in her Son Goku costume.

Still cute. :colbert:

Cute: Debatable
120% Kickass: Absolutely

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Classtoise posted:

:colbert: Goddammit people, Kanna is adorable.
Oops, sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I completely agree with you that Kanna is adorable...except when she's in her Son Goku garb.

Of course, this is mostly due to the fact that I have a hard time associating the Monkey King, in whatever form, as "cute." A lame excuse, but there you go.

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

YodaTFK posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1ruQefJ7B4&feature=related

Some kind soul uploaded a complete combination attack collection.

You know, just when I think that I cannot love Kohran and Kanna even more, something like this comes along that just raises the bar.

Son Conan fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 20, 2008

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Sumire, with her "OH HO HO HO HO HO" laugh, will probably pass herself off as a ghost, so she's not in any real danger. Therefore, let's go with Kanna.

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

:sympathy:

It looks like someone needs a good cheer-me-up explosion.

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Finally, a light in the (just plain WRONG) dark!

And a Not-Sad Kohran (just Bloody Furious) to boot!

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

This could definitely be one of the greatest things EVER.

Also, choosing between Kanna or Kohran is like choosing between cake or ice cream.

Son Conan fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 8, 2008

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Now Iris knows what it feels like to be at the mercy of someone with no regard for their physical (or mental, or emotional) well-being.

Speaking of which, Sumire has just guaranteed herself a taste of Kohran's specialty dish: Gunpowder-stuffed egg rolls with a tangy nitro-glycerine dipping sauce.

PS: The whole "cake and ice cream" comment was supposed to be saying that it was almost impossible to choose between the two, but that was, unfortunately, the only thing I could think of at the time.

Son Conan fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jul 16, 2008

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Ladies and gentlemen, Our Lady Kohran, patron saint of Explosions, is BACK! :woop:

Also, I'm pretty sure that if it wasn't for people like Ogami and their so-called "common sense," the Grand Imperial Theater-Bot would be a reality.

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Man, no sooner does Kohran pull out her Giant Laser of Love, then we see Kanna wrestle a bull. Honestly, how do you expect me to choose between these two when they keep pulling these Crazy Awesome stunts off?

Listen to Ogami, Tsubaki, and the warmth of your love will indeed melt the ice of Maria's heart. Or get you shot in the head. One of the two.

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Schadenfraulein posted:

Or this face:

Click here for the full 700x656 image.

My reaction to this: :swoon:^100

And yet, despite all of this, I have to ask: where's Kohran?

Son Conan fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 23, 2008

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Really, this entire update was just one big Crowning Moment of Awesome* for Kohran.

* I have obviously spent WAY too much time at TV Tropes.

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

:swoon:
Well, it looks like Kohran has set off another explosion...in my heart.

This game looks rather neat, even though I'm not exactly a fan of puzzle games.

Son Conan fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Nov 6, 2008

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

1. Kohran
2. Kanna
3. Sumire

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

...well, all I can say is that you're a stronger man than I am.

Oh, and also: :swoon::swoon::swoon:

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

Kohran! ("Aw yeah, makin' it cool t' be Made In China since 1923!")

----
[Kohran]

... waitasec, ain't Boar-Deer-Butterfly a pretty high-rankin' combo in the Koi Koi card game?

[Satan]

Well... yes. Yes, it is.

[Kohran]

So yer tellin' me that ya actually spent th' time t' look specifically fer a group of mid-boss lackeys that had a cutesy theme goin' on?

[Satan]

Look, I don't want to be told that by someone who's part of a group where everyone's named after flowers.

[Kohran]

[Kohran]

Yer jes' mad that y'all got your rear end beaten down by a buncha pansies, ain't--

[Satan]

No I am not shut up.

[Kohran]

... flower power~!

[Satan]

STOPPIT!!

----

And Kohran continues to be awesome.

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Oh, my...this is quite possibly the most :3: thing I've seen today.

And, of course, this is the most :hellyeah: thing I've seen today.

Finally, we have the most :swoon: image.

Thank you, Schadenfraulein!

Son Conan fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 10, 2009

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Boy, you know things are bad when even the :gonk: pictures stop getting posted.

Regardless, until things pick up again, here are some images I found of our favorite Bespectacled Beauty/Mad Bomber:

Son Conan fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Apr 25, 2009

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

The fact that Ogami managed to grow a pair is even more impressive when you remember that there's only half of him present.

Also, remind me again why we didn't choose Kohran?

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Renoistic posted:

I can still remember how Kanna saved Iris by PUNCHING ACID in the first episode.

There are not enough words to describe just how :hellyeah: that was.

Although, there is also Kanna's introduction, where she's beating up a bunch of sailors, and Kohran showing off her GIANT, STEAM-POWERED BAZOOKA.

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

quote:

[Ogami]

What? Um. Yes. Exactly. You know how it goes- took a bite of Gum-Gum, gained super powers, sink like a rock.

I just don't know whether to laugh or cry at this (4KIDS!:argh:).

Also, the fact that Kohran and Kanna are the only ones actually doing anything USEFUL reminds me why I like them so much: they have dedicated their lives to explosions and punching, and are prepared to do whatever it takes to continue doing so.

Godspeed, ladies. Godspeed. :patriot:

Son Conan fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jun 21, 2009

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

Is this true?

Yes, it's true.

This man has no dick.

Kohran said she could re-attach it...

I think I spent a good three minutes laughing at this.

And, speaking of Kohran, here's some art:

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Canuck-Errant posted:

I only have one thing to say: WOW.

Son Conan fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 22, 2009

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Don't worry, Kohran. One day you'll get to build an airplane that won't immediately crash (or blow up before it even takes off).

One day...

Son Conan fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Aug 10, 2009

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Well, for what it's worth, there is an article in the month's Nintendo Power on Sakura Wars V.

And, since I have not had much luck finding Kohran images, here's some of Kanna:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Boy, it sure is great to see this LP up and running again. And surely, there's nothing better to begin the new year than seeing a cute, bespectacled Chinese girl make the 4 Cardinal Beasts her bitches through the power of SCIENCE.

And, while it is about 2-3 weeks late, here's a little something for the holidays:

• Locked thread