Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I just finished page 1, and I'm laughing so hard I'm no sure I'll be able to do more than a page a day. In all seriousness my lungs hurt right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

So from the fact that someone just voted we haven't made our decision yet? GLEE :neckbeard:

I have to vote for Kohran. I mean, explosions. Pretty obvious. I'm only on page 5 though so we shall see.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Whatever option will result in the largest loss of Iris happiness.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Grunduggerer posted:

Can you have an explosion fetish? Kohran seems awfully satisfied there.

The internet has taight me that yes, you can have an explosion fetish.

This is why a vote for Kohran is a vote for victory.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Terashell posted:

Casting my vote for Kohran... drat you glasses and chinese dresses!

Oh HELL YES.

Can we get an updated poll here? Because this election just got much better.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Glazius posted:

The most succulent treat to a goon is the suffering of another goon. Once you understand, the reasons will become clear.

On this note, anyone who voted for Iris should immediately change their vote to Kohran. Iris cannot win, but Kohran certainly has a chance, and it is obvious how much she has crushed Ogami's soul because he fears to even enter the room.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Bobfly posted:

voting yoneda

If only......

*insert awesome MSpaint drawing I don't have the skills for here*

GruntyThrst fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 16, 2008

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Sindai posted:

How can you not vote for Kohran after that!?

That was just about the only update so far where the in-character dialog was funnier than Spirit Armor's, and it was all thanks to her!

EVERYTHING MUST EXPLODE. Vote Kohran.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Lockmat posted:

This is an amazing thread and I'm voting for Kohran

This makes you one of the most amazing people in this amazing thread.

Amazing!

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

One Legged Cat posted:

Putting in the 2nd-round vote for Kanna. Because Ogami does like tomboyish girls.

He was obviously lying to end it all.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

may contain peanuts posted:

What, like there is a possible outcome of the vote that does not result in suffering for Ogami?

Plus, if he's doomed, there might as well be explosions in the end. I sure as hell want and explosive death over a slow mental corruption by a young child, having every bone in my body broken by a chick who is manlier than me, being shot 7000 times, being smothered to death by a stalker, or....hmm...well I can't think of anything for Sumire. That's why she's my second place I guess :colbert: oh wait. money is the root of all evil. so, yeah. evil.

GruntyThrst fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jan 25, 2008

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Spirit Armor posted:

Why are we talking about muscle boobs :gonk:

Why did it take this long is a better question.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Spirit Armor posted:

'S actually partially by necessity, because when The Great Decision rolls around in-game, it only allows you to choose from the three girls who have the highest rating with you.

Actually, after doing a little research and some thinking, there's a MUCH better way of doing this, and I've been an idiot all along.

Now resetting all votes.

And voting's going to be closed for a while. My deepest apologies to everyone who's thrown in their vote with hot-blooded passion and vigor.

But hey, let's save it up for the one big vote that's going to happen in a few chapters, eh?
Not going to stop the Kohran Campaign. :colbert:

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Wind Tempest posted:

For us Kohran supporters, can you show us what would have happened if Ogami took Kohran to his room?

:fap: Yes please.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

ahahaha.

Sakura is crushed.

Vote Kohran, she destroys the minds of others even as she sleeps. And not with Lovecraft/Iris mindpower bullshit.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Wind Tempest posted:

So I assume that trying to get Kohran into your bed so early only hurts your relationship with Sakura?

One could dream.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Revenant Threshold posted:

In a note that will interest no-one, i've just noticed a new speck of damage on my monitor, placed oddly accurate enough that it adds to the end of Maria's mouth pretty often, so it looks like she's smiling instead of flatline mouth.

It is entirely creepy.

God I can't even see it and its creeping me right the hell out.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Morgenthau posted:

It's not that hard. Just try to imagine the seas turning red and the sky turning green. That would be about the equivalent of a Maria smile.

I meant more that I can't physically see it. I can mentally see it. In fact, I can't UNSEE it. And now I'm having nightmares.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I'm afraid that my love for Kohran is canceling out the effect of the Maria smile.

EDIT: and not the creepy anime fan love, the esoteric one.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Snot Man posted:

It took me a few days of on-and-off marathoning, but I've caught up with all 33 pages of this thread! Congratulations, Spirit Armor, for writing such an entertaining LP. At this pace it still looks like it'll take a criminally long time to even finish this game, but I can't complain about that. Gotta make the fun last, right?

Great choice of game, too! It combines two of my favorite things in life: Giant robots and pretending to be able to talk to gir not to be able to talk to girls but still receive alarming amounts of affection from them anyway!

Also, I know the votes are closed now, but I'm voting for Kohran anyway. :colbert:

GruntyThrst, 2 pages ago posted:

Not going to stop the Kohran Campaign. :colbert:

See? See why Kohran will win? Fanatical devotion. That and explosions. Lots of explosions.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Spirit Armor posted:

Which effect? The "oh hey, that's actually kinda cute" effect, or the "oh my stripes and stars she's smiling why is she smiling SHE'S GOING TO SHOOT"?

More along the line of someone yelling "WHY GOD WHY" as the Armageddon occurs.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

oh boy oh boy oh boy

Awesome train and wrecking half of Japan in a climactic battle with a 10 year old girl with chtulic mind powers.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

serewit posted:

The token loli corollary - Raw, untamed power is always best left in the hands of psychotic ten-year old girls.

You'd think that they'd slip some suppressants into her meals or something, y'know? What sort of incompetent government organization would sleep well knowing that immense psychic/spiritual energy that could level parts of a city was only held back by the unspoiled innocence of childhood?

Oh, right. Same guy that doesn't even have the herewithal to keep a spare set of keys around so he can go drinking. :doh:

Yeah. The more I think about it, the more it is clear that, as the most vindictive, scheming, kiniving, seething evil force on the planet, not 10 year old should be able to level blocks with their thought alone. It's probably best to put her down.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

ZeeToo posted:

Was that a reference to the Persona 3 LP in there?

Love the way Jean Paul is developing.

I'm pretty sure that was. Which means the update was even more awesome by proxy.

You know, I'm kind of freaking out here. It seems that while Iris has the crazy Lovecraftian mind powers, Ogami is sort of a psychic Iris puppetmaster subconsciously, and I honestly can't decide what is more dangerous: crazy vengeful Iris with her mental death beams, or remarkably unstable Ogami indirectly controlling Iris and said mental death beams.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

How the hell can he say something like that with that facial expression? It does not line up and it is freaking me the gently caress out.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Classtoise posted:

See this is why Kanna is the best choice.
What's Sakura gonna do in a jealous fit of rage to someone twice her size and twenty times as strong?

Kohran has killer death robots. Robots > manbeast woman

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Canuck-Errant posted:

Hopefully I'll have my 'net connection set up in time to see mysterious package thing that Spirit Armor and I have been talking up for a while but is probably a little less impressive than people will think from all the hype I mean look at I dunno Fable it was a nice game but with all the hype people got really disappointed when it was released without the ability to plant trees and watch them grow but I'll at least be able to keep up with trips to the uni library, right?

With all the hype, if said mysterious package does not leap through my monitor, give me a relaxing message, and cook me a resort-class meal, I will track you down and beat you with a sock full of pennies :keke:

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

McFetusBurger posted:

It's a Sakura alarm clock. Not threatening, not worrying, hell half the time you don't know it's there. You just but it on your dresser and every morning it makes a sound, that's all the attention it demands.

But it's there

it's watching you as you sleep

as you eat

as you change

It's made its home, and it will never leave.

Directly over your boxers
:gonk:

I find this possibility far more disturbing than the Iris things mentioned above. In fact... my alarm clock already does this. :tinfoil:

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Daw :3:
That's actually kind of cute and not soulcrushingly frightening like I was expecting. I...don't get what you mean with the Jean Paul doesn't float though. Are you suggesting someone take a bath with that thing? :gonk:

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Terashell posted:

You cannot deny the infinite sex-appeal of a purple-haired girl with glasses in a chinese dress!

Explosions. You are forgetting the explosions. Nothing is sexier than explosions.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Son Conan posted:

I only have one thing to add to the Kohran love-fest:

GIANT. STEAM. BAZOOKA.

:swoon:

We cannot lose.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Snot Man posted:

Why people keep voting for anyone else is a mystery to me, really. I can't wait for once her chapter comes and wins the hearts of millions of Americans.

I mean, what the hell. Iris' chapter is almost over and she's getting votes. Iris.

and I thought we weren't voting for anything right now to begin with but this thread is fun so whatever keeps it active I guess

Well we aren't actually voting persay, because they don't count right now. But just because you can't vote doesn't mean the candidates stop campaigning.

veekie posted:

Ah yes, thats indeed a major factor, but what about explosions without using any tools? The cinema and fountain went boom without mechanical assistance!

That giant steam bazooka is tempting though, when the day of destiny comes and Iristhullu is nowhere near enough to the top to make any difference, I will throw my support for Kohran. For Explosions! No matter the source!

You just need something to offset the awesome of a teleporting koubu + sparkly explosions + giant teddy bear attacks. The chibi suicide bombers and Fin Funnels aren't quite enough.

You know, normally I'm all for the killer psychic magic routine, but Kohran has several advantages for me:

1) I think glasses make people look cool. Despite not wearing any corrective vision equipment myself.
2) I like nerdy chicks.
3) Awesome Japanese Redneck accent.

GruntyThrst fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Mar 16, 2008

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Mile'ionaha posted:

Wait, are we talking aleph-zero, or something more?

Also, I love that Kanna is the Monkey King. Big sexy martial artist? I'd hit that.

She'd hit you back. And not in the way you'd like. In the punch through your face way.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Spirit Armor posted:

On the plus side, choosing that choice made Kohran and Iris's trust levels increase. :iiam: I don't know either.

Because if Kanna and Sumire kill each other in the ensuing engagement, there is less competition for Ogami's soul (and meaty parts too I guess). Sakura is just ticked that you aren't talking to her and only her. :ms:

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Dash Magnum posted:

Like Elmira from Tiny Toons? Only with the strength to crush cinderblocks with her bare hands? :gonk:

"I'm gonna hug 'im, and squeeze 'im, and love 'im, and..." :cry:

More like that big dog.

"I'm going to pump you up."

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Classtoise posted:

:colbert: Kanna is cute shut up.

Cute like a steam powered locomotive. :v:

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Spirit Armor posted:

Steam-powered locomotives can totally be badass and manly like the Rolling Thunder cute, too.

... I think.

Only if you have a train fetish. I'm not saying steam powered locomotives aren't loving awesome, but they are certainly not "cute."

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Spirit Armor posted:

After witnessing the rise of the OS-tan craze, after staring at the adorable Mecha Musume, and after reading the happy and heartful moe-anthropomorphised adventures of Afghanis-tan and her friends Pakis-tan, Uzbekis-tan, and Merikan from the 19th-century imperialist era up to the modern day, I stand in awe and horror at Japan's ability to make virtually anything cute (for a given value of "cute").

Why do these things exist? Is there some explanation? CAN MATH OR SCIENCE EXPLAIN THE ANIME PERSONIFICATION OF OPERATING SYSTEMS?

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Grunduggerer posted:

Wow. Just... wow.

I hate to say it, but being an armchair WW2 historian, I thought it was kind of neat. Although I'm still confused why the hell they have to have animal parts too.

VVVVV- Yeah. Japan is all-or-nothing it seems. There is no middle ground in Japan.

GruntyThrst fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 4, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Spirit Armor posted:

Look what they did to Kohran. She's all sad. :(

Monsters.

• Locked thread