Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I would like to register immense entertainment and a vote for Sumire.

And a further note that I really wish I knew what Iris's actual job was, seeing as she...doesn't pilot anything, doesn't appear onstage much and appears to exist only to torment all she touches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

HMS Boromir posted:

...no? When I say "don't translate it" I don't mean leave in all the onii-chans. I'm saying remove them entirely, change the sentence structure if necessary and express whatever relationship or character trait they serve as shorthand for using something that sounds natural in English.

Well, that's a hell of a lot of work, basically. Japanese uses a very, very different sentence structure than English, and rephrasing and localization is more work than most fan translators want to do.

• Locked thread