Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Spirit Armor posted:

:kamina: Awesome LP :kamina:

I suppose this is another obligatory "Joined SA to comment on your LP" posts. I must say that this thread delivers in every sense of the word! Awesome job on the Sphere reference with Jean-Paul.

Also, another vote for the Sumire Brigade. There's nothing like a woman who aims to make you her servant and has enough money and/or "land" to make it so. :pervert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Glazius posted:

Most of getting Kanna's heart meter up is letting her punch you.

Implicit in there is "and surviving".

Oh come now. Kanna doesn't kill people, she beats the living bejesus out of them so they can watch their dreams crumble beneath her inhumanly strong heel.

That's why I'm all for Sumire. She'll only shatter your sense of self esteem rather than all of your hopes and dreams. :smith:

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Oho~

Well played Ogami. Let the fool think that you don't care about anyone so he'll teleport you behind the very gate he was using to protect himself!

Now if you can just get Sumire in there with you, you can bust out your secret sake stash and we can all enjoy a drunke{Transmission terminated for Violation of Common Decency}

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Thuryl posted:

Y'know, come to think of it, Sumire being 16 does explain the whole extreme alcohol sensitivity thing. She's not actually drunk, she just thinks that's how people are supposed to act when they drink.

(Or, then again, she might just be extremely sensitive to alcohol. My sister once attempted to single-handedly stop the Gulf War after one glass of wine, but that's a story for another time.)

I dunno. I think it might have something to do with Yoneda. Maybe he's like a master of the Drunken Fist or something and Sumire is his prized pupil...

Oh lord that gives me sixteen varieties of the jibblies :gonk:

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Moon Slayer posted:

Just out of curiosity, Spirit Armor, but how much more of the game is left? This LP has been going on for over half a year, and I'm wondering if it will be in the running for longest-running LP ever.

I would infer, from the fact that I've read everyone's spoilers and the fact that this is still chapter four, that we still have a long ways to go.

'Course, I could be completely wrong. I do remember him stating that he was going to be doing all of the games though...

Might this become a MegaMechaThread? God my puns suck :smith:

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Wyvernil posted:

Indeed, compared to a few of the hundred-page LPs I've seen, 36 pages really isn't that much. It just seems longer because of the size of the updates we've been getting.

(Of course, chances are we'll hit page 100 before this is over anyway, since we're not even halfway through...)

Well, I know he has my support through this. Seriously Spirit Armor, you rock

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Spirit Armor posted:

The next update will probably be on Saturday so that I can spend Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday playing Smash Bros Brawl

I do believe I will be joining you in this noble quest, if not in person than in spirit.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
This mystery pakage better have laser eyes. :colbert:

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Terashell posted:

A life-size Iris plushie with operational parts and a robotic, ex-furby Jean Paul?

:gonk: why did I think of that?

Because you are a horrible, horrible person and wish to see the :gonk: spread like a plague throughout our ranks.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Silly Sumire. Why haven't you just bought Ogami's soul from Iris yet? We all know that money is the root of all evil and I'm sure, no matter how powerful she may be, Iris would love a new power source. Think about it. You could even get her hooked and have her power under your employ!

That would show the freakin' hell out of that addle-minded Gorilla woman!

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Reallycoolname posted:

Why would she want a Psychic Amplifier when her powers are already somewhere around the range of infinity + 1?

Because infinity+1*87=A Bigger Number.

Crono S. Magnum fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 17, 2008

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Oh jesus... Kanna and Sumire are tsundere for each other aren't they...

God dammit.

Also, voting for Miroku! y'know, if she was an actual choice :smith:

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Spirit Armor posted:

----

----

Is it just me or is Miroku more direct than any of the girls in the flower brigade?

Seriously, she should have been a choice or at least a bad end!

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Sam Hall posted:

drat, that bitch got a case of the crazy-eyes. :pwn:

And I loevs them!

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

TapamN posted:

For the record, Dramatic Dungeon is out. Available at Play-Asia or shady websites.

I have just discovered (ironically, considering what chapter the LP is on) that Kanna and Sumire have problems fighting a certain types of monsters. Heh.

I also find it amusing that Sega is recycling character portraits from ST2 and ST3. So some are ten years old! It's like an SNK or Capcom fighter. (Oh, that's right, KoF XII and SF2HD are coming out, aren't they?)

So do you have the game or is this knowledge second-hand? I ask because, both as a convert to the holy church of Sumire and a lover of rougelikes in general, I feel an almost irrational need to play it.
If you have played it, does one need to know japanese to play it or is the basic premise simple enough to handle?

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Spirit Armor posted:

Geh, sorry guys. I'm getting somewhat sidetracked by real life- I've got family members staying over for Easter weekend.

Turns out they're staying a little longer than Easter weekend, namely until about this Saturday. And on top of that, I've got things due and a thesis to worry about. It'll be a fair bet that the next update won't be until that very same Saturday.

Also, my copy of Dramatic Dungeon is in the mail, despite my initial misgivings about the game. It should prove to be... interesting. :raise:

Good luck man, I have my final paper for ENC1102 due today. 40% of our total grade man... Kinda makes most of the other assignments worthless, doesn't it?

As for dramatic dungeon, I'm probably gonna have to hold off for a bit. My copy of Super Robot Wars W just came and I'm probably gonna be spendin' the next few months power leveling GaoGaiGar to the high heavens.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Hey Spirit Armor. Just wishing you luck with whatever you've got going on. I look forward to the LP returning once you get a chance.

Also the OVAs kick rear end. Thanks for getting me into this series.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Schadenfraulein posted:

Kanna is cute. :colbert:

Oh lord. What're you tryin to do here, give us diabeetus?! There's no way in hell I'm dealing with that Bradford fellow again dammit! :argh:

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Sylphosaurus posted:

I'd take Kanna over some ditz that's doing her best to sound like Santa Claus when she laughs.

Let us keep this civil, good sir. Do not force me to call the imperial gaurd upon thee. Their methods may be unorthidox, but their dedication to tracking "criminal scum" is great.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Dash Magnum posted:

Ha ha! Silly captain fall down. :downsbravo:

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

GruntyThrst posted:

Why do these things exist? Is there some explanation? CAN MATH OR SCIENCE EXPLAIN THE ANIME PERSONIFICATION OF OPERATING SYSTEMS?

Because they were Ronery...

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Silentman0 posted:

You clearly picked the wrong option here. Just admit it.

Aye, that he did. Of course as far as I know "Screw Kanna, I'm going with Sumire" is not an option.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

BklynBruzer posted:

Kanna is the best character :colbert:

One word: Poppycock.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Classtoise posted:

Is Poppycock the new slang term you kids use for "Completely true and also she is hot"?

...Well played good sir, well played.

Know this! Someday, when you least expect it, I shall return this indignity ten-thousand fold with an :iceburn: so great that you and all of your progeny shall be driven from the face of decent society!

Now if you would please leave so that Lady Sumire and I may continue our night in peace.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

veekie posted:

Well, I suppose you can still win by pure luck on this.

Or perhaps switching the controller to slot two...

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
I cannot unsee that now. Thanks demota <:mad:>

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
It's all good.

Finals are comming up soon. Good luck!

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Canuck-Errant posted:

IRIS

This is :gonk: in it's purest form.

Do it.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Good ol' Abusive Deadlines. They're an essential part of any College student's life :D

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Classtoise posted:

But they might find out he's taking Incompetency Enhancing Drugs!

Say it isn't so!

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Sumire must TRIUMPH!

MASOCHISMANAUTS... UNITE!

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Kirbyoto posted:

but we wouldn't try to get into kamina's pants

Sure we wouldn't...

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Victory goes... TO THOSE WHO ENJOY PAIN!

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Dominic Hokage posted:

I hope Sumire visits you in your dreams tonight as a S&M queen. :mad:

...:blush:

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Fucks Yeah Sumire!

To me it's just funnier to go directly from "EEK! SPIDER" to the aftermath of an immense beatdown.

Also, it seems that Sumire is exiting the "Tsun Tsun" phase and heading straight into "Dere Dere". Finally.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Wyvernil posted:

I second this solution. Especially if the alternate-dimension Ogami who goes through this "what-if" scenario meets an inexplicably hilarious end. :)

Wiped out by Iristhulu after attempting to escape Kanna's "Smashapalooza"?
Punctured by flying shrapnel during aforementioned festivities?
Snoo-Snoo?

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
I love Sumire and Kanna as much as the next guy, but WHERE THE HELL IS MY DELICIOUS MIROKU?!

Seriously, shouldn't she have shown up by now? I need my evil Cleavage dammit!

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Canuck-Errant posted:

I like to hide links in emoticons

Huh? Hide links in emoti-

You are a sick man and you need help.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Canuck-Errant posted:

Yeah. Plenty more :nms: stuff out there.

And stuff that's just :wtf:.

Christ all loving mighty Canuck! I know stuff like this has the possibility of existing, but I don't need that fact to be proven beyond any mortal doubt :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Wooo! Spirit Armor is back!

I am dedicating tonight's fireworks to his return!

• Locked thread