Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
Oh god. I just caught up with this after lurking for a while, and I'm starting realise just how much trouble Ogami's actually in here.
He's in a government special forces squad, which has access to powerful mecha, and consists of:

A cold, revolver-wielding Russian...
A team member with a love of extremely heavy weaponry, even if seems physically impossible for them to use it...
A bloodthirsty psychic who surely seeks to kill as many of us as possible...
A token OMG BEWBS character, whose costume almost breaks suspension of disbelief just to show off her cleavage...
Someone who, despite no visible armour and seemingly poor defense, cannot be hurt...
...and a crazed sword fighter with an unhealthy obsession for the main character, who only seems to operate on two modes: creepy or :black101:

Good things do not come from this type of grouping!

(:tinfoil: Good god, I've been reading this too long.)

edit: Kanna here! :argh:

Bat Ham fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 24, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
Sumire.
It'll only be embarrassing for Ogami if he follows Kanna. Any attack will probably end with her kicking the enemy's rear end before carrying a whimpering Ogami to safety.

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

The only thing I can think of when I see this is the end of that terrible joke, with all of the Wakiji yelling "SUPPLIES!"

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

Spirit Armor posted:

[Iris]

... eh? What, I don't want... kyaaaa--!

It's afraid...IT'S AFRAID!!

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

Spirit Armor posted:

AND HER HAPPY FUN TIME OVERKILL MACHINE GUN IN THE THUMBNAIL.

Too many people seem to have forgotten about Maria. Here's hoping this snaps them back to their senses.

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
There being a twist that revelaed that Kohran's actually a robot herself would explain so much, actually, now that I think about it. Including her little robo-Ogami playmate.

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

SirSamVimes posted:

Maria is the only option. She'll shoot each and every person who does not vote for her.

And for everyone who does, she'll shoot them with love!!

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

Spirit Armor posted:

[Ogami]

Besides, it makes me happy to see those parts of you that are like a normal girl...

:quagmire:

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

Dectilon posted:

I wonder what kind of table is too heavy for a person who can destroy steel with her bare fists : /

Looks like the Sakura-transmogrification in progress to me : P

Or she's just loving with him for her own amusement.

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

little_firebird posted:

Jes' remember that you asked for it...

:v:

I...I think my skull's trying to turn itself inside-out...

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
Ohboyohboyohboyohboy!

1.Maria!
2.Sumire
3.Kanna

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

Terashell posted:

Seconded :colbert:

Suck it down. The better woman won!

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

Roger Explosion posted:

Putting aside the notion of lightening actually somehow stealing a belly-button; of someone of Sakura's age still being frightened of such a thing and of that being a retarded thing to be mostly afraid of happening after being hit by lightening, it's always been a little :psyduck: for me as to just why losing your belly-button is such a terrifying experience. It's not as if it has that much of a use and it's not as if losing it is going to disable you in any way, shape or form. Hell, if I got hit by lightening and that was the worst that happened, I'd consider myself incredibly lucky.

Sakura really is batshit insane.

Maybe it just rips it out or something, so you get this messed up open hole in your gut that just lets all your organs spill out.

gently caress. Somewhere, in the dark corners of the internet, someone has began to draw this...

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

Spirit Armor posted:

Now we just need Maria walking in on it in her Koubu as it goes for Iris.

: Get away from her you bitch!

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

little_firebird posted:

How odd you should mention that...because one has already been written :3:

Sweet tapdancing Chrsit, what the gently caress?
I swear, there needs to be a new rule added alongside 34. 'If it exists, someone has done an Aliens crossover fanfic of it.'

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

unangbangkay posted:

I smell a machine upgrade coming in...

Fingers crossed for some kind of crazy Power Rangers style combiner mech.

Also, I'm assuming that accepting Kohran's invitation skips your own choice. What caused her to come up to you instead of one of the others, though? Highest relationship level? Luck?

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
As much as I'd love to say Ayame, the fact that I logically know that neither will lead to :quagmire: means I'll have to go with the theatre girls. Odds are they're going to be a lot more fun.

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
I stand by my Maria vote. gently caress all y'all. :colbert:

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

Spirit Armor posted:

For some reason all I can see (and it's probably appropriate) is this:

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

Canuck-Errant posted:

I just saw an ad for the upcoming NA Sakura Wars release. I felt compelled to check the thread. Dammit, Spirit Armor! I'm going to be in the Caribbean soon! If you don't update before I have to leave, I'm going to do horrible things! :argh:

Easy, there, buddy. Let's not do anything rash. Just put the emoticon down and back away slowly...

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
So Maria's essentially piloting Metal Gear Rex at this point, huh?

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

wdarkk posted:

Did you clean the lens or did you adjust it? If you did clean it, what'd you use to clean it? Compressed air? Some kind of cleaning cloth?

EDIT: The worst part is that I'm waiting on a bunch of emails back from support for stuff, so I really need something to distract me from how anxious/pissed off I am at random programs.

I busted mine open and cleaned the lens a while back when it started screwing up. Just googled a guide and used a quick swab of rubbing alcohol. Hasn't failed on me since. If you're sensible it really is a simple fix.

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
Kohran

Well we clocked the T Rex at 32 miles an hour...

Ogami

You have a T Rex?

Kohran

Yes!

Sumire

Say it again.

Kohran

We have a T Rex!

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
Given the comparisons to Xenomorphs that the Kouma have brought up I'm just relieved for any explaination for Ayame's chest pain that doesn't involve a chestburster.

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

NoMoneyDown posted:

There are samples of everyone's English voices on this site
http://otakuxgamer.com/?p=4824
if you're truly curious.

All terrible or all good I could probably deal with, but when you've got relatively decent work mixed in with horrible cowgirl impersonations it just seems like it'd just be awkward and annoying as hell to play.

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
Hey SA, what's the actual gameplay length of this?

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

Pirate_Mike posted:

What SA does gives the LP it's charm though thats the thing, and considering he has to translate the game as he goes along, it's not at all surprising he's going to procrastinate every now and then.

Yeah, I can't remember ever seeing anyone complain about SA's additions, even though they add substantially to the length of the LP. They're what makes this game entertaining.

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
Wait a minute...

Spirit Armor posted:

[Satan]

The red moon... and then darkness... and destruction.
A truly fitting overture for a new world.

Kuja?

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
Wow. I had to double check to see if that pan-to-the-head thing was yours or the game. Sometimes it just hands you one, I guess.

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

Canuck-Errant posted:

Things

I'm on to you, you sneaky bastard. I know there's more hiding in...oh sweet jesus...

God help us all if you ever decide to get yourself banned with some of the stuff you're undoubtedly holding back.

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
Even if SA comes back I think we can rule out all the other games getting done.

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
The one time Ogami gets to be decisive, manly, and take real initiative and he does it like that. And still fucks it up anyway. :smith:

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
How goes law school, Spirit Armour? Dare I hope for an update or are we done? :ohdear:

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
SA's back? Snatter got my letter!

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
Good to see you back, SA. Just adding my voice to those who're happy to see this alive again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
I was still at University when I signed up and read this thread. Still drat good to be back.

• Locked thread