Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Hi Spirit Armor, this thread became the reason I spent money to sign up on this forum. Your LP is one the best one I have ever read and been reading it about an chapter an day for the past week. I have one question though, after your done with the first game are you going to continue with the next game in this thread or make an new thread for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Thats good, can't wait for update.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Schadenfraulein posted:

I loled.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

if Ogami's robot clone powered by his soul from a another dimension was still around I would go with both but since it was destroyed I'll vote for the girls since if 3 a company then 4 is a party!(or something like that)

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

am kinda glad that there's some people who still some Shenmue, one last game wouldn't hurt.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

So has any date have been announced for 5 and how many of us are going to order this online?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Schadenfraulein posted:

OH SHIIII--

this won't turn out well.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Once again another good post Spirit Armor.

Spirit Armor posted:

----
[Ogami]

[Ogami]

... wait. No. No, gently caress this.

[Tsubaki]

O-Ogami-san? What's the m--

[Ogami]

gently caress these goddammn path splits! I'm not splitting myself into loving THIRDS! KASUMI! How much time do we have?

[Kasumi]

B-Barely half an hour, if we-

[Ogami]

Right! Each of you gets ten minutes with me! Each! Tsubaki? Go get tickets. Yuri? Go rent a boat. Kasumi? Call the theater and tell them to order some motherfucking pizza, we're going to be a bit late.

[Kasumi]

But--

[Ogami]

Chop chop! You guys dragged me out, so we're playing this by my rules for once in my freaking life!! Got it!?

[Theater Girls]

Y-Yessir...?

[Ogami]

I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

[Theater Girls]

SIR! YES, SIR!

[Ogami]

Right then. Now let's go have some motherfucking fun.

----
This made me Loled so hard I almost wet myself.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Sennamontoya posted:

My crossover senses are tingling.

with what?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

I wonder how much users register because of this thread.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Yay an Update.

Spirit Armor posted:

----
[Ogami]

HhhoOY!

[Kohran]

Ah, Ogami-han! Welcome back to th' land of th' livin'~!

[Ogami]

I'm... I'm alive? And I'm whole again!?

[Kohran]

Yup! Yer fit as a fiddle. Can't say th' same fer th' theater girls, but who cares 'bout 'em, anyhow?

[Ogami]

Still... you're amazing, Kohran! Y'know, if you ignore the sheer bloody horror of what you've done. There aren't even any stitches on me!

[Kohran]

O' course there ain't any stitches. Ah didn't actually cut you in half.

[Ogami]

... come again?

[Kohran]

Ah didn't actually cut ya in half! Ah jes' made ya think that Ah did. Wonderful things, hallucinogens.

[Ogami]

Really?

[Kohran]

... what, didja think Ah could actually slice you in half an' paste both halves of ya onto robot parts in th' five minutes that Ah had t' work with?

[Ogami]

Well, now that you mention it...

[Kohran]

It woulda taken me 'bout fifteen minutes.

[Ogami]

W... well, hahaha, great, now I won't have to worry about brain damage or bleeding to death or-

[Ogami]

... wait, I WAS in two places at once, wasn't I?

[Kohran]

Yup.

[Ogami]

... how?

[Kohran]

Spirit energy split y'all in half 'cause you believed!

[Ogami]

What the HELL!?

[Kohran]

Ah, wouldja prefer th' Mr. Cloning Gun explanation?

[Ogami]

... wait, what? Which explanation IS it!?

[Kohran]

One of them? Both of 'em? Neither of them? Th' world may never know.

[Ogami]

... I really wish I lived in a world where NEITHER of those options were actually possible.

[Kohran]

Ahahaha, don't sweat the small stuff~. Y'all got what ya needed t' get done, didn't you?

[Ogami]

I... I GUESS I did? I mean, sure, it was at the cost of my steadily-slipping grip on reality, but...

[Kohran]

Then all's well that ends well! By the way, it's time fer a meetin' that'll decide th' fate of th' world as we know it.

[Ogami]

Wait, wh-

so he was....cloned while high on spirit energy?

Spirit Armor posted:

----
Okay, so to recap:

1) Sakura is waxing philosophical about her sword.
2) Maria is polishing her gun. And talking to it. This is a perfectly healthy thing to do.
3) Kohran is improving the technology that allows the Flower Division to wreak as much havoc as it does.
4) Kanna is... uh, actually training.
5) Sumire is buying things.
6) Iris is being taught everything she knows from the worst possible role model in the Flower Division.
7) Ogami is posing.

... so if we break it down like that, only TWO of them are actually doing something that'll make the Flower Division appreciably stronger. Everyone else is dicking around.

To whit, that was probably the worst training montage ever things do not look good for 1) our heroes, 2) their opponents, 3) every civilian in a 5,000 mile radius, and 4) all of the above.

NEXT TIME: The fruits of our labor- ... gently caress, I can't say it with a straight face.
This will be entertaining. Thanks for the updates SA.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Nice update like always SA.

Spirit Armor posted:

----
[Ogami]

Sumire-kun... did all that...?

[Yuri]

Yes. Like I've been saying for the past-

[Ogami]

Sumire-kun... did... all that?

[Yuri]

Yes. Yes, she did.

[Ogami]

Seriously? 'Cause it's too early for April Fool's.

[Yuri]

... no, I'm NOT joking.

[Ogami]

Are you sure? I mean, it's not that I don't trust you, but it's kinda hard to swallow the possibility that she's actually done something USEFUL for once.

[Yuri]

Look, she was running around the entire city trying to help us! I--

[Ogami]

Running!? Sumire-kun was RUNNING!? Holy BALLS, woman, back up!

[Yuri]

... I'm not getting paid enough to deal with this.

[Ogami]

... please don't remind me that you're actually getting some form of monetary compensation for your work. Lucky.

----
So what does Ogami earn by being a leader of a top secret robot unit/theater group? Besides the lost of this mental and soulful being?

Spirit Armor posted:

----
[Ogami]

Wait, you were really worried about Iris?

[Ayame]

... well, I'm keeping her asleep with a cocktail of sedatives and Kohran's happy juice.

[Ogami]

Aah, THERE'S the callously sociopathic Ayame-san that I know and love have awkwardly semi-romantic feelings for!

[Ogami]

... seriously, could you tell me the exact mixture? It'd make my life a lot easier if I could put some of my squad members to sleep at will. AND I need a sleeping aid.

[Ayame]

No dice, Ogami-kun.

Sleeping Cocktail>Little span of Lovecraft Horror?

Spirit Armor posted:

----

... awww, isn't that sweet? Jean-Paul is making graspy arms at the air in a desperate bid for freedom. He wants out.
I Lol'ed hard.

Spirit Armor posted:

NEXT TIME: Kohran's hopes and aspirations for her entire future! ... with guest appearances by other characters.
Can't wait for this. Oh yeah has anyone collect everything in this thread when the eventual archive of the thread?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Magni posted:

That is, if they´re thinking.

That's just giving them too much credit.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Great long update SA, a nice way to spent my day off.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Another great update SA, how long till the end of the game?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Nice update SA, how much is left in the first game anyway?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Another nice one SA.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Magni posted:

Wait, this LP still exitst? :psyduck:
yes.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Spirit Armor posted:

It also doesn't help that I am easily distracted by things that, much like Sakura Wars, slowly chip away at my sanity and/or ability to look myself in the mirror each morning.

CURSE YOU, iDOLM@STER!
Oh my iDOLM@STER! Well take your time doing your other stuff and try to keep the iDOLM@STERing at a minimum till your done with the first game. Also does this means a possible iDOLM@STER LP is in the far future?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Spirit Armor posted:

[Maria]

Easy mode is for elementary school children, Captain.

Looks like someone like touhou fan comics.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Spirit Armor posted:

----
[Ogami]

(Hah! Yeah, I'll show THEM just who's wearing the pants around these parts-

[Ogami's Brain]

HEY

[Ogami]

(GodDAMN it.)

[Ogami's Brain]

HEY, DO YOU KNOW WHAT'S AWESOME

[Ogami]

LA LA LA SHUT UP, BRAIN! I'M NOT LISTENING!

[Maria]

[Sakura]

[Ogami]

Er, um, I mean...

----

----
[Ogami]

SHUT UP BRAIN BECAUSE I'M TOTALLY TALKING TO SAKURA-KUN AND AM NOT YELLING AT MY BRAIN FOR NO APPARENT REASON.

[Sakura]

That's entirely logical and I will accept that without question because Ogami-san is my lord!

[Maria]

I'm accepting that without question because I'm just thankful that the Captain isn't wetting himself again.

----

Awesome stuff like always Spirit Armor, lets hope we could see more of Ogami's brain in future installments.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Am sure he'll be back soon, he likes to take breaks beween updates it seems.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Another great update like always SA, do you have a ETA for the next update in mind yet?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

So...am I the only one that got V during Christmas this/last year?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

I still have small hope that he will post soon, maybe he is finishing up the game so we will have a multi-post finale?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Preechr posted:

Back before I bought an account, this was one of the threads that I checked every day. I can't believe it's gone on for so long!

My local Gamestop had a copy of a Sakura Wars game in a big box the other day - I think the one that's supposed to be in America? I almost bought it before I realized that it's Spirit Armor that makes this awesome, not so much the actual writing.

Please come back, SA! I want to know how it ends!

One of my friends got the Wii version of it for me for Christmas and it's been very enjoyable so go for it. Also should we start a that summoning thing again and hope that it will bring out SA to at least show he's still around?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Welcome back SA it's been too long, let's hope it won't take an another several months for the next one.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Spirit Armor posted:

I'm in law school (which basically means I'm getting my soul destroyed bit by bit AND I don't have as much free time as I used to) and it's getting close to final seasons (which means that the professors will get to pry out our still-beating hearts while chortling at how horribly students answered their exams).

Well thats is a good reason for that long delayed, good luck on that and how long you got left?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Hopfully he'll be back soon since School is over for the summer, unless Law School has a longer school year.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Luckyellow posted:

How long has it been ever since Spirit Armor posted ANYTHING much less an update?

ACCEPT IT! THIS THREAD IS DEAD STOP BUMPING IT UP YOU JERKS!

Well he is finishing up law school and we are used to these long wait beween updates, think of it as ones of those dinners that takes long to prepare but very good to eat.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

I wonder how much money this thread made SA.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Wow it's really a Christmas miracle! Anyway glad to see this thread back and hopefully SA is done with all of his law school stuff by now.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Spirit Armor posted:

Ha ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AHYAHYAHYAHYAHYA t-thanks, but I'm not quite done yet; I've still got one semester to go. And also That Exam Which Shall Not Be Named.

I dare to ask how long will this cursed Exam will take to study as it might make us wait again for the next update which isn't a bad thing since quality stuff like your is better than quantity.

Spirit Armor posted:

I... might try Idolm@ster 2 before tackling the rest of Sakura Wars (with any luck!). First things first, though.

Ever since the show started I always wanted to try this game out, which version you might LP? The 360 one or the PS3 one?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Spirit Armor posted:

I got shafted by Bandai-Namco WAS INTO IDOLM@STER BEFORE IT WAS COOL, so the 360 version. Which lacks a difficulty-changing option.

... I have not actually achieved a Good End yet, and I probably won't be able to if I start a save file from scratch (since the game is stupidly difficult in the first playthrough), so it might be a giant train wreck from beginning to end. So I'm thinking about swapping back to Idolm@ster 1 for 1) ease, or 2) if everyone ends up voting to produce one of the idols that you CAN'T produce in 2.

That sucks, the ones that you can't produce in the 360 one are in the PS3 version and you get all the DLC for the 360 one for added in for the PS3 version.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

The Blind Eye posted:

Question: What is idolm@ster? I know i can look it up but i want the goon-opinion.

Basically you play as a music/pop producer and you produce a pop star with some minigames and VN style conversations like in this game that rise their stats. There was anime of it that just finished yesterday so if you want to check it out watch that since it's mainly based off the 2nd game storyline.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Ashsaber posted:

I remember there was supposed to be a mech anime involving Idolm@ster characters, involving mechs punching pieces of the exploded moon when they became meteoric, and, as far as I could understand from the talk on the imageboard that shall not be named, the main heroine has a thing for her mech, or at least has to show it affection to get it to work.

Yeah. I have no idea. :japan:

It's best to pretend that never exist since it had some characters in name only and really messed up the characters. Just treat it as the supposed tsukihime anime and watch the real one that aired this year.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Wrist Watch posted:

So what's happening, SA? It's been a while, still working on finding the images?

He also has law school.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

When I saw this I thought it was another post of someone asking if it was still alive, then I remember it was closed by a mod and I got my hopes up and to behold a update. First the Cubs win then the US national men soccer team finally got their first win in mexico in 75 years and now this. This has been a very good day, good to have you back SA.

Giovanni_Sinclair fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Aug 16, 2012

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

I was wondering, most of the games in this mash up did come here in the west so is their a slight chance for this to come statesides? I also saw Capcom USA in the 2nd link so I wonder if that counts for anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Well at least we know why it's going to be delayed this time.

• Locked thread